TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

Smile I love God!! :) - June 30th 2012, 03:12 PM

Hi! I am a Christian. Over the years I've gone from not caring about God, to trusting God, and now I love him. He gave my friend a second chance with the love of his life. Once my BFF Alyssa had a pet bird called Beaky when we were 10. Beaky flew away. She was really sad, so I prayed to God begging him to come back. That afternoon she saw a bird that looked ALOT like Beaky. About a week later her family's friends said they found him! It was unbelievable! Just two examples.

But I have a question, if anyone could answer.
Stealing is a sin, but what if someone steals because they're dead broke and it's just a bit of food to keep their family alive? Does that count as a sin?

I know The Lord's Prayer off by heart and I have accepted Jesus as my Holy Savior. Anyone else feel how I feel?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: I love God!! :) - June 30th 2012, 03:27 PM

Yes, it counts as a sin. Like the Sith, the Lord deals in absolutes.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: I love God!! :) - June 30th 2012, 04:29 PM

It is a sin.

Stealing, regardless the circumstances is taking away the livelihood of the shopkeeper. You are helping your own family at the cost of his own. It's placing yourself as more important than other people. You would be placing your own hunger over the hunger the shopkeeper would feel if everyone stole from him.

From a solely Christain perspective, a better course of action would be to throw yourself at the mercy of God and ask for help from the person you intended to steal from. If he denies you that right, then move on and ask another person. You would be relying solely on God's power.

From a realistic perspective, looking for odd jobs that could earn you any money at all would be the best course of action.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I love God!! :) - June 30th 2012, 11:01 PM

According to Christianity, you shouldn't own much or any property for your own personal gratifications. Thus, you shouldn't own a computer or phone. The better course of action instead of stealing would be to pray to god for food, pray a particular person gives you food if you ask, then ask that particular person. In other words, dying of starvation would be considered more ideal than sinning to save your life. I view that as utter lunacy and the better course of action would be either to simply steal the food, go to a homeless shelter, get a job and maybe play the lottery.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread