TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Unhappy Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - August 16th 2012, 06:56 AM

I don't know what happened. I go to my Wednesday night youth group, I stayed behind as the other ones left to go swing and chat, I stayed behind to get some advice from my youth group teacher. I told her I feel fucked up.

I just can't anymore. I feel broken beyond repair and now I'm wondering if God can even help me. I long for the days back when I was close to him and nothing stood in my way! I was happy. But then it all changed when one day I woke up and I didn't feel close.

I haven't been that close to Him in a good few years.

I feel fucked because the thoughts I think aren't normal, Godly. I'm sick of it and I want His love again. I feel like He just doesn't seem to care about me.

Just please pray for me for those who are Christians.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - August 16th 2012, 04:02 PM

Not "feeling" close to God is very normal for Christians. I think almost every Christian I know has gone through something similar at some point- myself included. I'm sorry that you've had to deal with this for years with no answer! I have some thoughts/advice for you and will be praying for you, but please let me know if there's anything additional that you need to know besides what I have posted here.

First of all, before I give you my advice, I want to make sure that you know what being a Christian means and that you're already a Christian. I know you said you are, and I'm not doubting you at all....it's just that I don't know you, so I want to make sure. So first, go to this link and read this page (it's not long at all): http://themostimportantthing.webs.co...ineedjesus.htm Do you believe everything on that page, and have you accepted Jesus as your Savior? If so, let's move on to what you're dealing with...

When we feel this way, it's importnat for us to realize that feelings aren't always accurate. Just because someone doesn't feel close to God, doesn't mean that they aren't close to Him. Our feelings are controled by this messed up world and our messed up human minds- they lie to us. When you get a feeling, it isn't always the truth. When I first became a Christian about 2.5 years ago, I dealt with this a lot. I was an emotional 16 year old who had different emotions every day. Sometimes, I would wake up and be completely thrilled about God and feel like I was His child. Other days, I would wake up feeling almost depressed and like God was distant. The thing is, these were just my feelings! God doesn't work by feelings. God works by truth. And the truth is this: Once you are saved, He is with you forever. The bible says that He will never desert you or forsake you, and that nothing can seprate you from Him ever again. No feeling, no sin, nothing. So, that's the first thing: know that He is there even when you don't feel Him.

So, what do we do when these feelings happen? As it says in the bible in Hebrews 12 (read that chapter when you get the chance), we must run with endurance! Endurance means to keep going no matter what. When you don't feel like reading the bible, read it anyways. When you don't feel like praying, pray anyways, and be honest with God. Tell Him about your feelings and pains and everything. When you don't want to go to youth group, go anyways. When you want to listen to your feelings, quote scriptures instead- listen to the truth instead of the feelings. The bible says that if we resist the devil, He will flee from us. Keep living how God says to despite your feelings, and they won't last forever. I know that's hard, but He will give you strength.

To answer your question, yes, God can help you. The bible says that God can do anything. It also says that He won't forsake you and He hears the prayers of Christians. It promises that He will give wisdom if we ask and believe.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - August 16th 2012, 04:22 PM

Its normal to feel like you don't have God. Honestly, I didn't have him for years. Until I went to a Young Life Camp. There I found God and accepted him into my life. So, I think if you accept God into your life. Then, he will come in and assist you. God doesn't come into your life and you clean up all your crap. He just comes into your life and helps you through all your crap. Kate I will pray for you. It brakes my heart that you feel this way. The one thing I can promise you is that it gets better. Stay Strong and Be Safe. LOTS of LOVE.
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tapanga Paige Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rikki Heyman

Re: Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - August 20th 2012, 04:58 AM

1 Corinthians 13:8 "love never fails" <3

<3 RAWR<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
johndoe77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - August 31st 2012, 06:23 AM

If you feel like your distant from God, try going to church, praying, singing in stuff.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tayatot14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - September 15th 2012, 02:16 AM

I can understand where you are coming from completely. I struggled for awhile and im very actively involved in the church wednesday nights sundays and choir all that good stuff. But i once heard a quote that said when you feel like gods quiet remember a teacher is always quiet during a test. Sometimes we get so used to our routine of going to church and helping or doing this n that that we dont pay attention that we arent there as routine we are there to be in fellowship with god. On that note the bible also says when we cant think of the words to say during prayer the spirit intervenes and prays for us! how lucky we are there!! Just take some time out talking to just God block the world out and focus on Him why you were put on this earth ( to serve him) hope that helped!! p.S. im praying for you!!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: Gone beyond repair, can God even help? - September 15th 2012, 11:28 AM

Just remember you are NEVER beyond repair and Never beyond God's reach and love, NEVER EVER He loves you and will do anything for you if you just ask and if you will let him. He wants to help, He really does. This is something I KNOW to be true.

Closed Thread