TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 06:29 PM

I wanted to know what people thought about the Ghost topic. I bring this up because I was recently spending time with my friend and her young son, he asked where his toy went and I made a humorous joke that a ghost took it! My friend, while being nice, almost seemed offended and said “there are no such things as ghosts!” I didn’t mean to offend her, but her serious reaction took me off guard. So….
Ghosts yay or nay? And if so, theories on them:
Personally I believe in ghosts. I believe that people have options when they die, to become a ghost, go to Summerland (heaven) or reincarnate. And the options are always open and available. If you chose to be a ghost you can later choose to move on and reincarnate etc. So, what do you think?

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 06:39 PM

No, I don't believe in ghosts. I've never seen one, and have been presented no credible evidence for the existence of ghosts.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 07:40 PM

It depends what you mean by ghost. If by ghost you mean someone's spirit, then, no. I do not believe in ghosts. On the other hand, I believe there is potential for something with the properties of a ghost to exist naturally. That is, even if ghosts exist, it is something that can be explained through science. I do not believe that there are peoples spirits floating around.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 07:53 PM

And yes I am referring to spirits.

~Blessed Be~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 08:12 PM

I don't believe in ghosts as in spirits that stay on Earth after they die, because I'm a Christian and believe that everyone goes directly to either Heaven or hell when they die.

However, I do believe in demons, which I think is what people are actually experiencing when they think they are experiencing "ghosts". The difference is that demons were never humans; they were always demons.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 09:59 PM

I believe ghosts are trapped energies stuck in certain areas and always repeating. Like a piece of film always replaying the same thing over and over just three dimensionally. Spirits themselves I believe are actually different than ghosts and I think that whether they can be human spirits is up for debate.

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#7 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 10:32 PM

No and I find it absolutely ridiculous that there are adults that do. It's a tiny bit funnier than 13 year olds who believe they're Satanists or Wiccans. *cough* Special Snowflake Syndrome *cough*It's nothing more than a lack of understanding of natural events, superstition, and a willingness to believe things that make ordinary lives extraordinary.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 11:08 PM

To an extent yes, but I don't believe in everything that most people rumor about ghosts/spirits. Yes, I believe in Heaven and Hell (I'm Christian), but I think there's also a lot that we don't know and can never understand. How do we know what is or isn't if it can't be proven yet? I'm not really sure how to explain my thoughts on this; I don't think I explained too well :P

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
No and I find it absolutely ridiculous that there are adults that do. It's a tiny bit funnier than 13 year olds who believe they're Satanists or Wiccans. *cough* Special Snowflake Syndrome *cough*It's nothing more than a lack of understanding of natural events, superstition, and a willingness to believe things that make ordinary lives extraordinary.
I really think its funny when people who don't believe in amazing things address topics like this. Why can't things like ghosts and poltergeists be a natural occurrence we just don't understand yet? Why can't our ordinary lives be extraordinary everyday? Just because science has an explanation for something doesn't make that thing ordinary. I view the "supernatural" the same way I view my house plants: amazing. It's all extraordinary, people just want to make things boring.

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#10 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 11:19 PM

Ghosts, as described by OP, and knowing her beliefs, is clearly referring to the supernatural occurences of spirits, not simply natural phenomenon. I don't rule those out at all, but the ones she's talking about I find absolutely ludicrous.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 11:31 PM

So why is the "supernatural" ghost such a bad thing? It may be true. An imprint of a beings conscious on the universe that keeps them around? We don't know. Spirits may exist in a natural way we don't understand yet.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Ryochan View Post
So why is the "supernatural" ghost such a bad thing? It may be true. An imprint of a beings conscious on the universe that keeps them around? We don't know. Spirits may exist in a natural way we don't understand yet.
It's not a bad thing, I didn't say it was. It's just preposterous. It may be true, sure. it may be true that I own a unicorn whose favourite food is cheeseburgers. After all, you can't prove that I don't have one. It may be true.

And on that italicised point, you haven't got any evidence that supports that claim. Imprints? Beings conscious in the universe? You pulled that out of nowhere.

And yeah, they may do. I'm willing to accept the possibility that there are forces of nature that we do not understand yet which may account for some of the odd occurences that people experience; THAT I am not ruling out. What I am ruling out for the time being is "spiritual" ghosts, ie. spirits of people or demons or w/e.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 27th 2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:

It's not a bad thing, I didn't say it was. It's just preposterous. It may be true, sure. it may be true that I own a unicorn whose favourite food is cheeseburgers. After all, you can't prove that I don't have one. It may be true.

And on that italicised point, you haven't got any evidence that supports that claim. Imprints? Beings conscious in the universe? You pulled that out of nowhere.

And yeah, they may do. I'm willing to accept the possibility that there are forces of nature that we do not understand yet which may account for some of the odd occurences that people experience; THAT I am not ruling out. What I am ruling out for the time being is "spiritual" ghosts, ie. spirits of people or demons or w/e.
If multiple cultures for thousands of years said you had one and talked to it then I'd be more inclined to believe and at the very least actually try to study the stories and find out the truth.

And the imprint of a beings conscious comes from the idea that our personal energy stays in the universe in a new form (since energy cannot be created or destroyed but changes from one form to another). It's actually what a lot of people believe ghosts could be.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Nothing more than a lack of understanding about natural events? Sure it might be; I mean I am psychology major working on her second degree specializing in neuroscience, but I completely agree with you that there are things in this world I do not understand, but there are plenty of things that I do understand. The thing about faith is…. There is no proof needed. It’s all based on “faith”. I wasn’t asking for proof, just asking for opinions. And the amazing thing about Wiccans is that we strive not to hold judgment upon those who think and feel differently from us. We also don’t use ad hominems in our arguments.
Thank you for your opinion. It’s nice to know what others think.

~Blessed Be~

(#15 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
And yes I am referring to spirits.
Then no, I don't.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 12:16 AM

I do not, but I find the belief no more unbelievable than Christianity.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 12:20 AM

I do not believe in ghosts or anything of the sort.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
$BACON$ Offline
Wait wha...?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jack(son)

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:22 AM

I feel like an !d!ot for saying this but ghosts ARE real.

Dr. Octagonapus needs bacon! Bwaaaaaah! When you run out of bacon, go to the store and buy some more. MMM-MMM. dB BACON!

Big thanks to Darkienu <3 for making me a new banner! I'll repay you somehow...

$BACON$

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $BACON$ View Post
Don't feel that way. It's what you believe.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Not Michael

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:28 AM

I have no reason to believe in ghosts. I have not been provided with any evidence. Any "creepy" first hand-experience I've had could be explained through secular means.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
[citation needed] What has convinced you?

(#22 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
No, I don't believe in ghosts. I've never seen one, and have been presented no credible evidence for the existence of ghosts.
This.

Hear something go bump in the night, irrationally attribute it to a disembodied spirit. It's not helping their case that the supposed existence of ghosts have been a part of virtually all cultures dating back millennia, yet we have a grand total of zero pieces of scientific evidence to back up these "sightings" as credible.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
$BACON$ Offline
Wait wha...?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jack(son)

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:34 AM

I'm just worried people will make fun of me.

Dr. Octagonapus needs bacon! Bwaaaaaah! When you run out of bacon, go to the store and buy some more. MMM-MMM. dB BACON!

Big thanks to Darkienu <3 for making me a new banner! I'll repay you somehow...

$BACON$

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
They shouldn't. So long as you have a reason for your belief then everything is fine. We all have our own reasons for believing what we do.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 05:34 AM

I haven't seen any valid or reliable proof of their existence that is unable to withstand a battery of questioning. There certainly are many things we don't understand and probably don't know. Attributing it to a spiritual being unable to return to the physical body for whatever reason is like saying my printer converts blank paper to eggs in the morning. Coincidentally, I recorded it with a camera that had poorer image rendering than recording it with a potato.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I do not believe in ghosts at all, but no matter what, people will not make fun of you or shouldn't make fun of you for what you believe in. You have experiences in life that make you believe the way you do. If you have had something spiritual happen in your life that makes you feel ghosts exist, there's nothing wrong with that. Never let the majority keep you from believing in what you believe in. Question everything, question your beliefs constantly, but not because you are afraid of what others think.

On that note, can the hostility go down one or five notches please? I sometimes wonder why people have such an obsession of being right all of the time and debating to an extent that it makes people uncomfortable to show their opinion. Christian, Wiccan, Atheist, we should feel comfortable discussing our beliefs on ghosts. Sure, showing sources would be good so that we can all learn more and think more, but people don't need to be grilled. Calm yourselves. If you truly believe in your own beliefs, then you don't need to prove people wrong just to verify with yourself.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
On that note, can the hostility go down one or five notches please? I sometimes wonder why people have such an obsession of being right all of the time and debating to an extent that it makes people uncomfortable to show their opinion. Christian, Wiccan, Atheist, we should feel comfortable discussing our beliefs on ghosts. Sure, showing sources would be good so that we can all learn more and think more, but people don't need to be grilled. Calm yourselves. If you truly believe in your own beliefs, then you don't need to prove people wrong just to verify with yourself.
Do you mean in this thread or the forum in general? I don't see any hostility here. Or is asking someone for evidence a hostile gesture?

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 11:01 AM

Hello!!

I believe in ghosts because I've seen one. And so did my mom. In fact - we were in a car - I was driving - and we both panicked because we were about to hit and KILL a person crossing the street. I slammed on the brakes to avoid killing this person. But as it turned out - there was NO ONE THERE! But we BOTH saw it. Or him. Or whatever it was. My description of the 'man' differed only slightly from my mom's description. I saw a tall dark man in a long black coat with a big black hat. My mom saw someone smaller but still dark. We both saw a man. And we both believe that he was crossing the road right in front of us. He disappeared milliseconds before the car came to a complete stop!

What did we see? We're not sure. But we both defined 'it' as a ghost.

We are all energy. And I think - sometimes - that energy can linger long after we are gone. And IF 'things' are aligned just right - someone can actually SEE that energy. And SEE something that still resembles a person. That energy doesn't have to come from someone who's dead. It could come from someone who was 'there' sometime before. That 'man' my mom and I saw might have REALLY crossed that street one hour before. Or maybe 100 years before.

It makes one wonder.

GBH

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 01:13 PM

I believe in ghosts.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 03:57 PM

Yes, I do believe. Way too many things have happened to me at my mother's house growing up to NOT believe. Doors open and close by themselves, the TV shutting off on its own, windows slamming shut, my radio volume going up by itself, kitchen cabinets closing and being able to hear footsteps in the hallway and other parts of the house. Of course, I haven't seen anything that would have made these events occur but I don't have to be able to see it to believe it. You can say it's a draft or some wiring gone wrong, but that's just what YOU believe. It's like when a child has an "imaginary friend." You tell them that they aren't real and they get mad at you because they can see them and you can't. They can explain to you what they look like and their friend even has a name. I don't know of any child so young that they can just make up a friend and keep their story straight EACH time.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 06:18 PM

I do, and I'll openly admit that I do. Make fun of me all you want, but I've had too many experiences in my life that indicate ghosts exist. I believe young children are often the only ones who can see ghosts, but as we grow older we're told to shut them out. When I was four, my father died, and my mother woke in the night to me talking to someone. When she asked who, I responded, "Daddy." I have no recollection of this incident, just what my mother has told me. I remember parts of the day my dad died, though I do not remember this. This is actually the reason we moved about a month later, because the incident freaked my mom out so much. (My father passed away in the house)

I do believe spirits are present and do try to communicate with the living. I enjoy reading books and watching movies that involve the paranormal. Yes, I was raised Christian, but I'm entitled to my own beliefs.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

(#32 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 28th 2012, 08:24 PM

Personally? I kind of do. I believe that some people stay behind and that they do exist.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave

(#33 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 06:29 AM

I do. I believe in ghosts, angels and demons. I've believed in them all my life, but never came close to one (or many) until I was 13-15 years old. In the house I lived in from Septempter '09 to May '12, I had three ghosts in my room. I call them that because it's more explainable, but really I view them as one angel and two demons. The angel was kind of like my guardian angel and the two demons were men who were trying to hurt me. I've seen them in dreams and I've seen them in my room. They have come toward me, they've moved around the room, and they have actually touched - not hurt - me. I saw them for about a year, up until I moved. In this new house, I have yet to experience them. I can't say that they're not there. I hope not, but I have no proof. To further contribute, I believe that people's spirits can walk the earth, and that they can choose how long they stay here, if they stay here, and if they want living beings to be able to see, touch, or hear them.

(#34 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 11:34 AM

This has always been a tough one for me. The idea that something I can't see or prove is even there could be in the room watching me has scared the bejeesus out of me since I was a child. But at the same time, a few things have happened (specifically in my bedroom) that have made me wonder. Like the clock stopping when I leave the room and starting when I come back, or a few times randomly stopping at the same time and then starting again (though that one could be something sticking inside the clock), things have gone from my desk, across the room, and onto my rug when I wasn't in the room. There are loads of little things like that happening in here and while most can be explained away (the girl I saw above me one morning in the mirror could have been due to the fact I was tired) some of them can't be (a book would have to have been sent off the desk at a huge force to slide across the floor and up onto the rug)
So that long and confusing ramble was basically just my confusion on the subject. I believe there is something there. What I don't know is whether whatever it is, is aware of people being around or if it's just residual energy from someone who died a long time ago.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

August 29th 2012, 11:49 AM

Yes I do believe in ghosts and spirits, I don't believe that when we die nothing happens to us. This is what I believe.

I believe that when we die depending on what we've done and how we've acted whilst on earth etc we go to the spirit realms of this earth (heaven ?) but we have the freedom to move between the spirit realms and the earthly realms, and can visit members of our family and places we liked to go and spend time at whilst alive. But if we did really bad things I believe that when we die we stay trapped in the earthly realms as a spirit till we have learnt that what we did was wrong etc, and then once we've learnt this we go up to the spirit realms and can move freely between the both realms.

I also believe in residual energies in buildings, these a memory energies of someone who used to live in that building or enjoyed time at that building or certain place and their residual energy has been absorbed into that place.

I also believe in past lives, I don't think we just die. I think we spend time in the spirit realms before reincarnated as another person, past life regressions have always been an interest to me and I would love to see a medium for a past life regression.

So yes I do believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, angels, poltergeists etc. I have also seen spirits. I also got told by Derek Acorah that I have psychic abilities and am quite telepathic .

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Last edited by WhisperingSilence; August 29th 2012 at 12:16 PM.

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post

So yes I do believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, angels, poltergeists etc. I have also seen spirits. I also got told by Derek Acorah that I have psychic abilities and am quite telepathic .
I believe this might contribute to some having more experiences than others.

~Blessed Be~

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 03:52 PM

Yes most probably. I have had quite a few paranormal experiences to say the least.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 06:49 PM

I don't believe in ghosts, at least not in the sense people normally think of ghosts. However, I do believe there are forces that cannot be explained, and I don't think they should be meddled with. This includes respecting the dead, not trying to speak with them, leaving their graves undisturbed, etc.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
I don't believe in ghosts, at least not in the sense people normally think of ghosts. However, I do believe there are forces that cannot be explained, and I don't think they should be meddled with. This includes respecting the dead, not trying to speak with them, leaving their graves undisturbed, etc.
Do you believe that if someone were to disturb a grave in some way like digging into one or building something over it, would the dead try to seek revenge or anything like that? I'm not trying to start a debate or poke fun at your beliefs by the way, I'm just curious.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

(#40 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts? - August 29th 2012, 09:23 PM

I believe in spirits, I don't like to call them ghosts. Like the spirit of a person after the had passed away, but wasn't ready to die. so their spirit is still stuck on Earth. Because something is holding them back.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread