TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

POWER - September 7th 2012, 02:09 PM

This is gonna sound strange but does anyone else crave, and I mean CRAVE, power? Be it political, magical or otherwise I get very down and depressed when I think about how little power I have.
I started crying watching Harry Potter once because I got really upset that I'd never have the abilities they had.
It's rather odd, but I feel as though I am in a position to dictate how things should be? I don't have any reason to feel this way but I do, all of the time!
Does anyone feel like this?

*I wasn't really sure where to put this so I guess it kind of comes under philosophy?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: POWER - September 7th 2012, 02:23 PM

Actually, yes. Mostly because I used to be head honcho at my old school, leader in clubs, groups, main co-ordinator of a buddy system, etc. I hope for myself to find it again. I enjoyed having the world at my fingertips, being able to tell people what to do and when.

If you ever need to talk, send me a message, I don't bite much.

Haha,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: POWER - September 7th 2012, 05:08 PM

Often when I'm in a bad mood.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: POWER - September 8th 2012, 06:56 AM

Superhuman abilities yes but not political powers. I am quite chaotic in alignment, and I want a sense of literally doing whatever. Abilities break those boundaries.

What lies ahead is unknown. However, in some times, I've sighted several smooth pavements. I myself am the mender of roads, and it is with these we work on.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Zen Ryochan Offline
Love and Tolerate
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: POWER - September 8th 2012, 06:42 PM

I think most people feel this way especially since no one really has any power over their life anyway. Its just a natural feeling. We jump into fantasy to escape our real lives. When our lives are out of control we want the power to be in control.

"To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror." -Frank Herbert

“To love our enemy is impossible. The moment we understand our enemy, we feel compassion towards him or her, and he or she is no longer our enemy.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: POWER - September 8th 2012, 06:53 PM

I feel this way sometimes when playing Dungeons and Dragons. It makes me sad that I won't ever be as awesome as my character

This is only really with supernatural abilities, I don't care much about political power.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: POWER - September 11th 2012, 05:24 AM

I used to do roleplays, I was this guy Sebastian Michaelis, and he was beyond amazing, he had so many abilities if you look of black butler you can see whom he is.

Plus, our government is screwed up and I think I can run things wayyyyy better. I know I already commented but, thought I might expand :P

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread