TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Name: Kandi

Smile Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 20th 2012, 02:26 AM

Hey guys, my name is Kandi and I'm a TH Mentor. I wanted to let you guys know that if you are someone interested in knowing about Jesus and God and perhaps accepting him as your savior, but have questions, feel free to ask. I have been a TRUE Christian since age 18, but I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 12. I have been through everything one can imagine, so I can speak about most things through a Christian's pov. Hope you come to me with question!

No matter what, I am here for you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to FallingForGrace Send a message via Skype™ to FallingForGrace 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
What's Reality? Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 21st 2012, 03:46 AM

I have a question. Why are you Christian? Seriously.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Not Michael

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 21st 2012, 05:02 AM

I have a question for you. What constitutes a "True Christian"?

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 21st 2012, 07:23 AM

What can Jesus do for me, that Odin can't?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 21st 2012, 02:54 PM

How can you prove without using the Bible or your own personal experiences or other's personal experiences that God and Jesus exist, that Jesus lived as a man on Earth, and that either give a crap about any of us?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 22nd 2012, 03:56 PM

Esmeralda: How can you prove Da Vinci existed without using any of his published works, or any personal experiences?

You can't. Thus, the meaning of the term "Christian religious faith". You are putting faith in the fact such things actually happened.

Thereby, criticizing someone for belief in Jesus with no real "proof" aside from published works makes as much sense as criticizing someone for believing in any historical figure whom we have no pictures of. Whether you know it or not, you put faith into historical figures everyday, and this is just as absurd as believing Jesus existed. The point it, at some time you have to start accepting certain things as fact, and stop questioning every aspect of life, or else you will drive yourself insane. Some people draw the line at; Da Vinci was real, Jesus wasn't. But some people take it one step further with simply one more historical figure among thousands.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 24th 2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What's Reality? View Post
I have a question. Why are you Christian? Seriously.
I am a Christian because ultimately, I want to be. Christianity is a decision, like many others, that comes with it's perks, but those perks aren't what motivated me. Some of the perks though, are: Salvation, peace and tranquility, community, and love. Let me elaborate a little. Salvation is the thing many people come to Christianity for. It is a religion that teaches that despite how flawed I am, I am forgiven and saved because someone died on the cross for me. Someone who was pure and sinless. Peace and Tranquility are always there, even in times or trouble. God provides me as a Christian the ability to feel full and surrounded, even when I'm alone. I might be alone, but never lonely. Community is so important. Becoming a Christian opens you up to a world full of charity and support. My brothers and sisters in Christ are sometimes closer to me than some family. And lastly, love. Our gospel is of love and not only do you give, but you receive love. Being involved and compelled to do good things for everyone, just because we are related through God, is both rewarding and can be a reward to you.

Send a message via Yahoo to FallingForGrace Send a message via Skype™ to FallingForGrace 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 24th 2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBodySpirit View Post
I have a question for you. What constitutes a "True Christian"?
A Christian is someone who accepts and believes that Jesus Christ died for us on the cross and asks for forgiveness. That is the basic of a Christian. However, as Christians, there are things we should also be, that we all aren't. As Christians, we should be forgiving, slow to anger, loving, wise, accepting, humble, ect. These attributes come to us as our relationship with God grows and matures.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 24th 2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrieUSMC View Post
What can Jesus do for me, that Odin can't?
I don't know what Odin did for you, but the one thing that Jesus does for everyone is forgives them for their sins 100%. These are the past, present, and future sins. He also accepts you the way you are and helps you change those things you don't want to be. He also loves you unconditionally and opens you up to a new family who will love you like a family should love you.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Re: Knowing and Accepting Jesus - October 24th 2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
How can you prove without using the Bible or your own personal experiences or other's personal experiences that God and Jesus exist, that Jesus lived as a man on Earth, and that either give a crap about any of us?
The beauty of faith, is believing in something that can't be seen. But as for Jesus, there is almost no religion that denies that Jesus existed. Most people believe he did (I do believe there are articles of clothing and other documentations) What they don't believe, is that he was the messiah or the one and only. So if you want proof that Jesus, the man, existed, it is out there. If you want proof that he was God, that is done so only through faith. The proof will be evident in your heart, when you decide to accept him.

Closed Thread