TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 3rd 2012, 12:34 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to church tomorrow with a friend. It's a remembrance service for people who've experienced miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss so not a standard Sunday service. I have no idea what to wear though! I feel it's disrespectful to wear jeans and a tee but I don't own skirts or anything! What should I wear?

Thanks!

Take Care,
Tamz x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 3rd 2012, 03:22 AM

If you dont have a skirt maybe some slacks or something like it? Maybe you could borrow one from your friend? If not thats completely ok just wear the nicest pair of pants and blouse you have. Depending on the church some of the women might not even be wearing skirts. In the end its really not what you wear it's where your heart is. Just wear your best and you will be fine.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BrendaDerosier Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 3rd 2012, 09:50 AM

I thought you must wear a simple long skirt with black top and stocking,It nothing goes wrong.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 3rd 2012, 10:47 AM

As I said, I don't own a skirt so that's not possible. I think I'll wear my black trousers, boots and a cardi. My friend is heavily pregnant though and the only trousers that fit her at the moment are her maternity jeans, do you think that'll be okay?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 3rd 2012, 06:03 PM

I think that would be perfect

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Name: Kandi

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 5th 2012, 02:52 PM

It depends on your Church. My Church is very casual and we're allowed to wear anything we want (sadly, some of the younger girls that take too lightly and come in those workout shorts that are more for being at home). If it's more formal, black is always a good color for pants. The shirt, as long as it's pretty and not too revealing, it can be any color.

No matter what, I am here for you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to FallingForGrace Send a message via Skype™ to FallingForGrace 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 15th 2012, 05:48 PM

I agree with what Kandi (FallingForGrace) said. It all really depends on your church. Some churches' attire are more casual, whereas some other churches' attire is more semi-formal, but not too formal. A simple skirt and blouse, or a nice blouse or dress pants will do just fine.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 18th 2012, 02:00 AM

It depends on the dress code of the church... A lot of churches are super casual and no one will mind if you dress how ever you wish to, but in a lot of other churches people dress up really nice... I know that if I want to go to a church I usually look at the website if there is one and see what it says about clothing. A lot of churches, at least where I live do have websites and will address how to dress properly for new comers. You could also just ask who ever invited you what is appropriate.
However, for a good rule of thumb, if you are unsure and can't find out then I would dress up a little, like a cardigan and a pretty shirt even if you have to wear jeans, that way you aren't over or under dressed. Plus you can usually determine how to dress according to denomination or where you live (ex. there is traditional pentecostal where the women wear long skirts and keep their hair long and such vs. the "regular" pentecostal where it's more relaxed... either way you can get away with dressing in pants (as a woman) but you would want to dress more "respectable" for the traditional pentecostal".
Plus you usually dress up more ofr special occasions (Christmas, thanksgiving, easter etc)

I know that this is late, but maybe it'll help for future reference

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#9 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: church tomorrow - what to wear?! Help! - November 18th 2012, 02:00 PM

Thanks everyone. I spoke to the chaplain who mentioned the service in the first place and he said he would be wearing jeans. In the end I wore jeans, a plain t shirt and a cardi with my boots and it seems that's what most people wore to that particular service.

I certainly think I'll dress more smartly if I go to a standard Sunday service though.

Thanks again,
Tamz x

Closed Thread