TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JosieC Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Near Death Experiences - November 24th 2012, 03:37 PM

I recently watched a video by a girl who experienced a near death experience. I wonder if anybody here has had this experience.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 24th 2012, 04:27 PM

Many people experience near death experiences. I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I've had 3.
Maybe if you explained what you're asking a bit better other users will be able to provide you with the answers you're looking for.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
JosieC Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 24th 2012, 05:28 PM

This particular girl in the video was declared dead in the hospital. She left her body and went into light that she described as pure love and happiness. I think she met others there. But in her case, she could see her dad at her hospital bed and he was so distraught she decided to come back. She reentered her body and came back to life. I might have some of the details mixed up, but that's basically how I remember it.

Was that what happened to you?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 25th 2012, 06:05 AM

wow that's...wow
Um...I've never had that close to near death....
the closest I've come was either when I was in first or second grade I had a severe allergic reaction and stopped breathing...or *triggering* when I had SHed too deep and almost had to go into the hospital....I got sick though :/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 25th 2012, 06:57 AM

Yes, I have had a near death experience. I was in a car accident in February of this year - I passed out behind the wheel while on the highway (going about 65mph) and it caused me to go off the road and hit a guard rail. After hitting the guard rail, my car sailed back across the two lanes of traffic and it somehow flipped 3 times and landed on the roof. When I finally came to, I was upside down in the vehicle with my head pressed against the roof and my all of my body weight on my head. When the state trooper came to meet me at the hospital, he told me he had no idea how I had survived. After finding out that I broke my neck, my neurosurgeon told me that my neck had broken in such a way that I narrowly escaped both paralysis and death.

Um... I didn't have any sensation of leaving my body, perhaps because I was unconscious when it all happened. But when I came to, I definitely had a few minutes where I had to process what was going on around me and I couldn't even speak (which freaked out the people who came to help me and they thought I was dead... Not a good thing. xD ). I guess I didn't really know it was a near death experience until a couple hours after the fact, but I'll tell you that it's not a place I ever want to be again.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

Last edited by TakeTheLeap; November 26th 2012 at 05:16 AM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JosieC Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 25th 2012, 01:21 PM

That sounds so scary, Emily. Are you okay now?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Name: Kandi

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 25th 2012, 03:58 PM

I've almost died two times. Once, I was basically brought back to life. When I woke up, the first thing I wondered was if I was dead.

No matter what, I am here for you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to FallingForGrace Send a message via Skype™ to FallingForGrace 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 26th 2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieC View Post
That sounds so scary, Emily. Are you okay now?
I am okay! 6 days after the accident, I had to have surgery to repair the compression fracture in my neck and, although the surgery ended up being a bit more extensive than they expected, there were no major complications. Healing went extremely well, and other than some muscle spasms and headaches that occasionally occur, I'm completely fine. I have a little bit of numbness in one finger because of some nerve damage caused by the injury that will probably never go away, but I'll take that over paralysis any day!
9 months (to the day) post surgery and my neck doesn't feel any different now than it did before the accident.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 26th 2012, 10:40 PM

The first time I almost died I was accidentally pushed into the deep end of a pool (I was like 5 or 6 and I didn't know how to swim yet). Nobody really noticed me struggling to get back up to the surface for a bit but eventually some guy saw me and pulled me out. I'm pretty convinced I would have drowned if he didn't spot me under the water.

The next two times were suicide attempts. The first one I don't really remember much of (I actually barely remember the 2 weeks around it). But from what people have said I was pretty out of it the whole time, my memory was totally shot so if I was talking to someone and then they left the room I would totally forget I even saw them. I was pretty much barely awake for a whole week. I got told I said some pretty mean things to some of the people who are closest to me, thankfully everyone has forgiven me since then though.
The next one I do remember. I remember it being the single most painful experience of my life, which pretty much sealed the deal in my mind that I would never try anything like that again. You know how they say you empty your bowels when you're about to die? Totally true. I had tubes shoved into me, I had emergency surgery while I was totally awake. It was all in all a pretty shitty experience.

I don't remember experiencing anything spiritual during any of those times though.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 29th 2012, 12:22 PM

I wouldn't call it a near death experience. But I had an otherworldly (I guess that's what you could call it?) twenty-three months ago yesterday.

It was like a old-fashioned movie screen, you know from the early 1900s that flicker a lot? I felt so secure in that instance, so safe. It's really a wonderful feeling, but not something you want to have until you're much older.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
JosieC Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Near Death Experiences - November 29th 2012, 12:58 PM

Wow. You guys have been through a lot. I'm glad you're okay. Guess, do you remember what happened just before your experience?

(#12 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Near Death Experiences - December 2nd 2012, 05:58 AM

Um, I don't remember a damn thing. xD But that's what happens when you black out. Honestly, though, if I did remember, I probably wouldn't want to drive my car ever again. I do remember afterward, though. When I regained consciousness, it took a couple of minutes before I even realized where I was and what had happened. I couldn't speak for at least two minutes, even though the people surrounding my car were asking me to talk to them. It was as if I had gone to another place for a short time and my mind took its sweet time to reconnect with me.

Closed Thread