TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 9th 2012, 01:17 AM

(I'm christian btw so this is about the end of the world bible version:P)
I'm not talking about the people who believe the world is ending on the 21st of this month. I'm talking about the people who think that just because the world is in an economic downfall(at least in the US), that the world is going to end.

I mean seriously, the great depression was 10x worse. And there were millions of moments where people thought the world was going to end. For example the Holocaust, I'd say Hitler was the closet thing to the anti-christ there ever has been of yet. But we have no one that evil and powerful now-a-days. Yes, Israel did come back. But there are so many other signs that arent here. It just really pees me off that people think that its gonna happen sometime soon. I mean it could, but it ALSO couldnt. There so convinced! Like seriously!!! Agh!!

The bible even says: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Matt. 24:36-37 KJV)

I know the bible also says (I'm paraphrasing here) that we will know the SEASON. But I don't think this is it. It has to be so much worse. And honestly, I don't think we have the technology yet(though my mother will argue against that:/)

Anyways, sorry for my rant. Any comments are welcome, whether you agree, disagree, or are undecided. Thanks!


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 9th 2012, 07:56 AM

There's a show called Doomsday preppers they follow people who prepare for "end of the world". I think its always been around though, people who think the "end of the world" is near. I mean, to be honest. its a miracle the human race has survived this long.

However, I will have to disagree on Hitler being the Anti-Christ. Stalin committed way more crimes against Humanity then Adolf. Not arguing or anything just pointing out.

To be honest, I'm just enjoying the ride as long as I can. It won't really matter if the world ends, I rather have as much fun as possible then to hold signs up all day.


   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 9th 2012, 09:18 AM

I have read through Matthew and have read through Revelation, it's scary to think of what will happen. But, IF the world did end by biblical standards, I'd hope, I was left so I could teach the ones left behind about God, I'd risk my life against the anti-christ. I wouldn't fear being thrown in a prison for my beliefs, because that is what happened to some of the deciples, Paul wrote most of his sections in prisons. Jesus was taken into a court, and then beaten until he could barely breathe and he was forced to carry that cross alone, upon his shoulders. I'm no hero, but I wouldn't run in terror of the anti-christ. I'd pick my battles wisely, and start collecting followers. And when the sun goes black, and the starts plummet to earth, I'd be scared but try and help as many as I can, in that coming many will kill themselves. It's scary to think of.
I don't like the idea of an anti-christ trying to turn everyone against GOd and profess he's the messiah. It says he'll convince many.

I only hope that if the end of the world comes while I'm still around, that I'd make it to the end and see the coming of Jesus Christ.


Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Always *'s Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Hogwarts

Posts: 3,186
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: April 12th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 9th 2012, 07:37 PM

I mean, I look at this from the perspective of an atheist so my view is different. But here's the thing, even if you look at it from outside of Christian dogma then there are still several instances where people think that some sort of "end of the world" typed event will happen. Christians have revelations. Environmentalists think that we're depleting natural resources at a rate that is not sustainable. Politicians fear a nuclear winter or what ever that's called. People worry technology or medicine will destroy us (in I Am Legend a cancer-curing medicine turns people into zombies). The list runs on.

I think some people put to much thought into the world ending. I mean, some people HAVE to worry about certain aspects of it when it comes to environmental sustainability and stuff but otherwise it's like REALLY? Why must people keep trying to put a date on it, it seems like they at least have one new day a year for the world to be "ending". Personally, if the world was going to end next week I wouldn't want to spend my last few days agonizing over how it'll end, it would be to distracting, I mean, I'm not about to live my life for how it's going to end and all that. When it ends (or when I die) then that's that, there are things here and now that we can all deal with.




Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 9th 2012, 07:41 PM

I didnt say Hitler was the anti-christ, of course he wasnt, I'm also pretty sure that the anti-christ will be much worse. But the Anti-Christ will have many followers, much power, and do great evil while people think not so much of it. He will manipulate people, just like Hitler did.
I understand that the world will end one day, but I feel like I have so much work to do, along with many others, before that happens. I know that we'll all be in the middle of ours lives when it happens, but I'm just a bit selfish. xP

Now as for Jay, I--beyond comprehension--agree with you! Sort of. I don't know if the rapture will come before or after, I feel like God may want to test our faith and make us live through it. But he might also reward us for the long run that we have went through already. I will no doubt, at least I think, will have my head cut off before I get 666 put inside me, or however that will happen. And well, you said it all. It's really nice to see how much you've thought about how you would do things, instead of just winging it. But, honestly, I hope it doesnt end until I'm dead :P

Woooo, that was a lot of typin' mateys! (for me atleast, GOSH, don't judge!)

EDIT: Teehee, didnt see your post bumble bee!

Anyways, I really agree with you! Why do they have to be all weird and think they're always RIGHT! I mean when it happens it happens, why must you worry about it! Though, I think I'd like to be prepared. I know I wont be. Even if I knew it was tomorrow, I wouldnt be. Your thoughts are really interesting!


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore

Last edited by phatkid; December 9th 2012 at 07:47 PM.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ceinwyn Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Ceinwyn's Avatar
 
Name: Isobel
Age: 25
Gender: MtF
Location: I'm a free spirit yo... Just haven't found the way out of leicester yet

Posts: 340
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: July 21st 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 9th 2012, 08:57 PM

See, the way I see it is this. Every religion/cult/whatever has it's own prediction in some way of the world ending. And honestly, I don't thind myself agreeing.

Not that I don't the world will end at some point. I just don't think anyone could possibly know when or where. And to be honest, if the world is destinded to end, why worry?

All I know is this, if it does end in my life time, I'll go down fighting, even if I only last a short time


Women are women, regardless of sex,
and men are men, in the same respects.

You can be both, or a mix of the two,
or you can be neither, if that's what suits you.

But people are people, whatever their parts,
because what really matters, is inside of our hearts.

*Some poem I found on the internet*
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 10th 2012, 12:46 AM

I kind of agree, I mean I, for obvious reasons, think it's going to end the bible way. But I think that people are kind of dumb to think that they could actually know WHEN it could end. But human instincts cant go away just because you will them to. There's something in all of us that wants to keep fighting and worrying is a part of that.


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Always *'s Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Hogwarts

Posts: 3,186
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: April 12th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 10th 2012, 01:43 AM

See, I don't think it's going to end in a biblical way, but I'm atheist so that's more my religious beliefs than anything else. I do think that it is possible that humans will just sort of die out. Though how I think that 7 billion people are just going to drop dead is a mystery, but hey, lots of life can grow from THAT particular phenomenon so long our dead rotting bodies don't pollute everything first.
What gets me is that I don't understand the fixation on the extinction of man kind... And that's just it, look at it, the last time that things went kabang its the BIG things that die... Dinosaurs died out but OBVIOUSLY something survived for there to be anything on the SAME planet nowadays... I some how can't help but wonder if it was REALLY an astroid but what ever, and then there was the ice age, things died off and came back (at least in the north, not sure what it was like in, say, Ecuador or something)... So there are several things that could be logically thought of as "world killers" or the "end of the world" or "the end of life as we know it" or what ever the heck else but nothing has ever completely obliterated the ability for the world to exist at all, things have always reformed and regrown with new species and what ever else, so I don't know why peoples knickers are in such tight knots over the "end" of the world. I see no instance, Biblical or otherwise, where the world has ever LITERALLY ended. Even in the Bible the world doesn't literally end. Maybe I need to read revelations again but I sort of thought that the Anti-Christ shows up, people follow him, Jesus shows up, and people follow him, a heavenly battle ensues, and then all those who did not follow Jesus get sent into a lake of fire, but I mean, if your a good Christian you get to stick around on Earth, or at least get to go to heaven right away, but really that only seems to affect humans right, and if all the evil is gone from the world there would be no need for people to go to heaven, earth would now be a sinless place right so... I mean, maybe life will somehow become literally so unsustainable that it'll be a "dead world" but I think that is so far into the future that people might as well stop worrying, if the world ended in our life times or even the next I'd be shocked, of course I'd also be dead so I am sure my shock would brief.




Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Last edited by Always *; December 10th 2012 at 01:48 AM.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 10th 2012, 03:14 AM

Well, how could the world have 'ended' if it's still here. Yes, in your scientific beliefs there was a huge astroid that killed all the dinos, :P but that was just an event that destroyed a lot. But not everything. And if the world had ended then obviously we wouldnt hear about it. Everyone, everything, every little atom would have been gone. So it wouldve happened BEFORE your Big Bang Theory.


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Always *'s Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Hogwarts

Posts: 3,186
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: April 12th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 10th 2012, 04:09 PM

That's why I was quoting "ended" because obviously that is not exactly accurate, but obviously it "ended" for the dinosaurs, but the planet itself still goes on... And planets can destroy themselves, like the core of the earth is hot and there is some scientific curiosity about what'll happen when/if the core goes totally cold but frankly I think that at the rate it is happening it'll give the world time to adjust (don't ask how that works) and suns can die too, we could all be sucked into a black hole for all I know haha.... My point is NOT that it has to be a scientific end, it's just that there are infinite ways for the world to "end" (literally OR just big dramatic changes like with the dinosaurs or the ice age) and that is including scientific AND religious options... Regardless of how it happens I just don't see it happening any time soon. Scientifically there are no causes that would mean we need to worry to soon, human caused will also take a while as well unless some moron starts a nuclear war, I think THAT might be hard to recover from (but theoretically possible, I think that's why people get freaked out by nukes, no one knows what'll happen if a large amount of them get used). Even if you want to go with one of the religious versions (both Christianity and Hinduism have stories), but all religious "end of the world stories" that I am familiar with talk about a horrible corrupt world and are mostly concerned with human behaviour. And quite frankly i see SO MANY good things in the world to think that it is REALLY time to end that, I know that there is bad people around but I think that there is still to much hope for the human race for a god (or what ever religious power you adhere too) to think it is time to end, plus I feel really bad for all the animals that will have to go down with us IF what you believe in is a religious end, which is why I think that the WORLD won't end, just the human race, which for us is just as bad since it won't matter if our planet exists if we're gone... I hope that makes sense.... I really am not bothered with what a person thinks the end is (I and many others will take scientific/environmental/humanity caused while others will take revelations or which ever, I am not trying to defend any option over the other even though I am clearly partial to a scientific one that is NOT my attempt to make another choice out of the question), my whole point is that I don't think it is happening any time soon so I am not going to lose sleep over the possibility, I am however open to doing good things for the world, helping people, being environmentally friendly, grow a tree here and there, compost what ever else... I hope that makes sense




Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Last edited by Always *; December 10th 2012 at 04:17 PM.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 10th 2012, 09:05 PM

I don't mind other people having other beliefs too.
I thinks its theoretical that something big could happen again (Like the dinosaurs extinction). I'm not saying something like that will or won't happen again(But I hope it doesnt).
I'm kinda curious about the middle of the earth-thingy 'cause I like science (on occasions:P). I've heard about it, but not that much in detail. And I know suns can die, but, I reeaaallly don't think our sun will die any time in the next millennium. ;D

Oh and everyone has a bias about everything, I respect all opinions!

PPS. I'm honestly glad you don't freak out about the end of the world, it's a nice breather to the crazies that I hear all the time on tv!


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore

Last edited by phatkid; December 10th 2012 at 09:11 PM.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
And I know suns can die, but, I reeaaallly don't think our sun will die any time in the next millennium. ;D
All stars die out just as everything has a lifespan. The lifespan of a yellow-dwarf, like our sun, is approximately 10 billion years. Our Sun is currently about 4.5 billion years old, leaving us with approximately 5.5 billions years until the Sun burns out.

However, the Sun heats up warmer and warmer as it burns up fuel and turns it into heavier elements. This will cause the Earth literally cook itself in about 500 million years. So, you are right to say the Sun won't die out in the next millennium, in fact, the Earth won't even be around to see the Sun die.

This essentially means that space exploration is the future because we need to start inhabiting other planets in order to survive as a race. Unfortunately, however, already underfunded government space programs like NASA are having their budgets cut due to the economy, even though the military spends more money in one week than an entire year on our space program.

Although some look at this with gloom and without hope for the human race, I believe this is a good thing. This will cause rich and powerful corporate people to privatize space exploration and get us a lot further, quicker (though this is highly debatable).

Regardless, the Earth is more likely to end from other causes than the Sun going out, or even it cooking itself. If your Bible is true, then hopefully the human race will find away out of the bind it's in. Because honestly, the future of the Earth doesn't look to optimistic.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 04:06 AM

Well, now I know a lot more about science. ;P But seriously, I hate how NASA hasnt been doing anything at all to further stuff in space. They DID send a robot thingy to Mars, which was pretty cool. And I know the economy is effecting it. But I think I'll die if we have no more exploration in space!

I know I learned stuff about this in history last year and had to do a discussion on it. Some people don't want advancement in space because it cost too much, but I think that we may gain more knowledge in the longrun and that money would be put to good work & use. But if what you say is true and rich peeps WILL fund space exploration. Then maybe we can have just a slight best of both worlds(:

Anyways I believe my bible is true, but I just really wanna live in the moment and not think about the end. I support you 100% future dudes, its just, well, I'm glad i'm not you! (...At least I think i'm not >>)

;P


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
Now as for Jay, I--beyond comprehension--agree with you! Sort of. I don't know if the rapture will come before or after, I feel like God may want to test our faith and make us live through it. But he might also reward us for the long run that we have went through already. I will no doubt, at least I think, will have my head cut off before I get 666 put inside me, or however that will happen. And well, you said it all. It's really nice to see how much you've thought about how you would do things, instead of just winging it. But, honestly, I hope it doesnt end until I'm dead :P
Thanks I am reading a series called Left Behind, (I recommend you read it, if you haven't already) it's about how the rapture happens and how the anti-christ comes and leads many astray. There is 4 kids left behind (I cried when one died ) Anyway, they were left behind, their families were christians and believed with all their hearts, so they disappeared. Those kids after going through the loss of their parents find each other and meet a pastor whom soon converts them into christians. There is a mark upon their foreheads as they go about trying to get people to believe in God. But MANY have turned against the christians and God. I'd like to kill the anti-christ but I think I'd rather be ridiculed for my beliefs, thrown into jail, as long as I plant a few seeds into the minds of those whom need some hope in their lives (Although, I would NEVER push my beliefs onto a non-believer, I'd just question them a bit, answer and if they don't take, walk away, hoping my words stick with them). I'd hope for them to know the end will come as Jesus, that heaven will be on earth and that the ones whom live through it all will be able to bow down to him and love him, knowing how much they came through.

So, I guess, I have thought about it a lot, I have a bit of wisdom about the bible (have read 9 books out of it), I know the right words to say at times, but I don't have all the answers, only God can help you with that.

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
And I know suns can die, but, I reeaaallly don't think our sun will die any time in the next millennium.
Can I interject here please?

It says in Acts 2:20
"The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.:


It doesn't die, but God shows us signs. The end'll only come when all the world is preached to, giving them the chance to believe. Once that happens welcome the signs of heaven. (Problem is, I'm hoping to travel and spread seeds so I may be bringing the end of the world early).

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
Well, now I know a lot more about science. ;P But seriously, I hate how NASA hasnt been doing anything at all to further stuff in space. They DID send a robot thingy to Mars, which was pretty cool. And I know the economy is effecting it. But I think I'll die if we have no more exploration in space!
The reason we can't have more space exploration is because NASA is underfunded and the federal government keeps giving them budget cuts. Currently NASA gets 1/4th of a penny per tax dollar. The bank bailouts that Obama gave cost more than the entire 50 year operation of NASA.

Curiosity was a huge achievement. They found water that could potentially contain life on Mars, a long with many other elements which further the likelihood of micro-lifeforms on Mars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
I know I learned stuff about this in history last year and had to do a discussion on it. Some people don't want advancement in space because it cost too much,
For every dollar put into NASA, NASA returns 10 dollars into the economy. Space exploration is essential for a booming economy, and is one of the best investments for humanity. Yet, the government is too busy taking money from the rich people who provide jobs, making it impossible for larger business to afford hiring new employees. The majority of job growth in the US, in other words, the decreasing unemployment rate under the Obama administration, is largely part-time jobs. If we focused on space programs, people would be inspired to become astronauts, engineers, scientists, and it would boost our economy with full-time careers.

It's a shame that the government is taking away one of America's prides and giving people reason to stay on unemployment, as well as increasing tuition rates by providing astronomical student loans making it difficult for students to become scientists without furthering their debt to a ridiculous amount.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough
*********
 
dr2005's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Posts: 2,221
Join Date: February 14th 2010

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
Yet, the government is too busy taking money from the rich people who provide jobs, making it impossible for larger business to afford hiring new employees.
Slight aside here from the main topic, but I feel a clarification is in order: rich people do not in themselves provide jobs. That is something of a conservative myth. Businesses provide jobs, and while rich people can and often do provide capital via investments for such businesses (a) such investment is usually subject to tax relief so a tax hike wouldn't stop them doing this and (b) a lot of them frankly aren't doing much investing at the moment. If the government is seeking to increase the tax rate on them in order to fund tax cuts for consumers (who are the driving force for much of the economy when all is said and done) or to fund investment programmes in order to get things moving again, I don't see this as such a problem. The market's had 4 years to get its house in order. It's failed.

That all being said, and getting back on topic, I do agree that NASA and space exploration generally is woefully underfunded. Considering that programmes such as the Space Shuttle have led to advances in composites, metallurgy and communications to name but a few, you do wonder what could be achieved if it were given the right resources. Space exploration is not a complete white elephant as some have claimed.

To get properly back on topic, I think as a species we do have an obsession with Armageddon (look at how popular disaster movies such as 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow were, for example) so that may explain why these myths have taken such a life of their own. It may also serve as something of a distraction from the real problems we face, such as global warming, food shortages and God knows how many conflicts in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and South America (to name but a few). If even a tenth of the brainpower and energy that had been put into various 2012-endgame myths was harnessed to look at things that might genuinely kill us (like the planet's average temperature rising above the level we can actually survive), we'd be in a pretty good position right now. But that's just me being wildly optimistic as usual.


"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 13th 2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
(I'm christian btw so this is about the end of the world bible version:P)
I'm not talking about the people who believe the world is ending on the 21st of this month. I'm talking about the people who think that just because the world is in an economic downfall(at least in the US), that the world is going to end.

I mean seriously, the great depression was 10x worse. And there were millions of moments where people thought the world was going to end. For example the Holocaust, I'd say Hitler was the closet thing to the anti-christ there ever has been of yet. But we have no one that evil and powerful now-a-days. Yes, Israel did come back. But there are so many other signs that arent here. It just really pees me off that people think that its gonna happen sometime soon. I mean it could, but it ALSO couldnt. There so convinced! Like seriously!!! Agh!!

The bible even says: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Matt. 24:36-37 KJV)

I know the bible also says (I'm paraphrasing here) that we will know the SEASON. But I don't think this is it. It has to be so much worse. And honestly, I don't think we have the technology yet(though my mother will argue against that:/)

Anyways, sorry for my rant. Any comments are welcome, whether you agree, disagree, or are undecided. Thanks!
Nobody knows the day or the hour, but we CAN know the generation. I have done quite a lot of study on end time prophecy, and I truly believe the end is coming soon. Most of the end time prophecies are happening in one single generation. Plus, in 2014 and 2015, we are going to have 2 blood moons and 2 solar eclipses that fall on the Jewish Feast Days. Throughout history, every time this has happened there has been a big event with the Jewish people. So, around the years of 2014 and 2015, something big is going to happen. I can even send the video link where a pastor gives proof of this.

Yes, the end is coming very soon. There is so much more I could tell you, but remember, only few will enter the kingdom. Most Christians today are asleep and are not truly following the Lord. Many will be turned away or left behind. Only those who have truly repented of their sins and are doing the will of the Father will be saved.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 14th 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
Nobody knows the day or the hour, but we CAN know the generation. I have done quite a lot of study on end time prophecy, and I truly believe the end is coming soon. Most of the end time prophecies are happening in one single generation. Plus, in 2014 and 2015, we are going to have 2 blood moons and 2 solar eclipses that fall on the Jewish Feast Days. Throughout history, every time this has happened there has been a big event with the Jewish people. So, around the years of 2014 and 2015, something big is going to happen. I can even send the video link where a pastor gives proof of this.

Yes, the end is coming very soon. There is so much more I could tell you, but remember, only few will enter the kingdom. Most Christians today are asleep and are not truly following the Lord. Many will be turned away or left behind. Only those who have truly repented of their sins and are doing the will of the Father will be saved.
As you said, nobody knows the day nor the hour. Doens't that mean year to? And isn't that another prediction?

People need to stop prediction and start LIVING! My youth pastor whom recently moved to seattle (damn you guys there, you get a great man )
Anyway, he did a preach on the end of the world, I'd break out my old notes but I don't really know if I have them (might've been the brief period before I took notes). Anyway, the signs that christ is coming back are in Matthew.
I'll give you a brief run down those who do not know, there will be many wars and rumours of wars, there will be many more disasters, persecution of beliefs, lawlessness, and all this will happen when all the world has been preached to. These will be like the first pains of a woman in labour, that is what it says!

The goal is not to PREDICT, it is to PREPARE!

The first stages will be: Many disappearing, then a massive earthquake, followed by the stars falling from the skies (meteorites), and then the sun was darken, the moon will turn to blood.

So, once that happens, and many more will be wiped out by death, famine, plagues etc, THEN the kingdom of heaven will come to earth. And those still breathing will bow down.
I'm sorry if I come on a little strong, but after reading revelations for the second time, plus finishing Matthew again, and reading the Left Behind series, I find it impossible not to be strong.

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Red face Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 14th 2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
To get properly back on topic, I think as a species we do have an obsession with Armageddon (look at how popular disaster movies such as 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow were, for example) so that may explain why these myths have taken such a life of their own. It may also serve as something of a distraction from the real problems we face, such as global warming, food shortages and God knows how many conflicts in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and South America (to name but a few). If even a tenth of the brainpower and energy that had been put into various 2012-endgame myths was harnessed to look at things that might genuinely kill us (like the planet's average temperature rising above the level we can actually survive), we'd be in a pretty good position right now. But that's just me being wildly optimistic as usual.
Honestly, I felt like you read my mind in a what it was searching for. If that makes any sense... Basically, I believe you're right to think that humanity is obsessed with the end of the world by the influence of films, books, and other media. And I positively agree that some people do it to escape their problems and focus on something that seems worse but also concerning the public, not just themselves. But sometimes, I just don't understand how people can be so contradictory and hypocritical. I don't know what your religious faith is or what you believe, but I see christians all the time who totally disregard things in the bible just because it doesnt suit their point of view or bias. That is the most frustrating thing in my faith! Goodness! >< lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
Nobody knows the day or the hour, but we CAN know the generation. I have done quite a lot of study on end time prophecy, and I truly believe the end is coming soon. Most of the end time prophecies are happening in one single generation. Plus, in 2014 and 2015, we are going to have 2 blood moons and 2 solar eclipses that fall on the Jewish Feast Days. Throughout history, every time this has happened there has been a big event with the Jewish people. So, around the years of 2014 and 2015, something big is going to happen. I can even send the video link where a pastor gives proof of this.
Since the bible says you won't know the day or the hour, then that contradicts you knowing that the end will happen in 2014 or 2015, the bible isnt always so specific and 365 days is apart of not knowing when it is. Though this is obviously my opinion and you're welcome to yours. I don't think someone can have proof that something will happen even if there're studies or theories that make us believe it. At least I'm assuming that you mean those years are supposed to be the end. But then again it could end in one of those year too! The bible does say we'll see signs and know the season but I don't feel or see any of that in my perspective (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
Yes, the end is coming very soon. There is so much more I could tell you, but remember, only few will enter the kingdom. Most Christians today are asleep and are not truly following the Lord. Many will be turned away or left behind. Only those who have truly repented of their sins and are doing the will of the Father will be saved.
I've heard people call those christians 'lukewarm' but I think that you're either a christian or your not. I also think that even if you are backslidding you are still a christian. But there is a difference between that and dismissing God. I think we should approach things like that delicately, no one likes a bible basher or for someone to say they're going to rot forever in a place called hell. You can be an influence by just being around them, Jesus never forced his beliefs down peoples throats, but you should still remember to have an opinion on matters that you believe are wrong.


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 14th 2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope To Cope View Post
Can I interject here please?

It says in Acts 2:20
"The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.:


It doesn't die, but God shows us signs. The end'll only come when all the world is preached to, giving them the chance to believe. Once that happens welcome the signs of heaven. (Problem is, I'm hoping to travel and spread seeds so I may be bringing the end of the world early).

Jay.
I guess we have another 5.5 billion years before he comes back

By the way, technically when a star dies it does turn to darkness first. Oh, and maybe Luke meant that the Sun will turn into a black hole. At that point I'm sure even non-believers will want god to come destroy them (just kidding, the Sun doesn't have enough mass).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe in 535 CE the Sun (or the entire Earth?) was darkened for several months. I could be mistaken.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

Last edited by ThisWillDestroyYou; December 14th 2012 at 09:40 PM.
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Nicole2015 Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Nicole2015's Avatar
 
Age: 23

Posts: 1
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: December 9th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 14th 2012, 09:56 PM

I personally think that if the world is meant to start over, it will.
I'm not extremely religious, I do believe there is a God. But I'm not a Christian,
There are people like Doomsday Preppers that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars preparing for the unknown. There are people that completely fear the thought of the world just ending. Anything from nothing to something could happen I guess. I doubt that its going to happen. But others have their opinions as well.

-Nicole
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 14th 2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Mike and Men View Post
By the way, technically when a star dies it does turn to darkness first. .
True, but it also says that that light will flood the world again after a period of time.

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope To Cope View Post
True, but it also says that that light will flood the world again after a period of time.

Jay.
Some people take the bible a lot more specifically then its meant to be. For example, there is a passage in the bible that says that all the animals in the forest are his, and the cattle on a thousand hills. Is that to say that God doesnt own more than those thousand hills? Or that God only owns the animals in the forest and hills? No. (: Some people take the 1,000 year reign to literally mean a 1,000 years, some don't. I suppose that everyone has an opinion on every matter but I think that the sun could be the thing dying when the world ends. It could not also. And since the bible says that there will be light again does that mean that the sun provides it?

As for Nicole, your thoughts seem cool, you don't really seem to have a strong opinion on the matter.


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Always *'s Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Hogwarts

Posts: 3,186
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: April 12th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 01:41 AM

Ok, pick a religious or scientific ending, I don't really care about the semantics of it. For 5 seconds lets assume the world is in fact going to end soon and who cares who's beliefs it comes from. No matter where you draw from it's not happening soon. In Christianity the belief is that you don't know when it is going to end. In Hinduism there is still several million or at least hundreds of thousands of years left. And there is no well founded evidence to suggest that the world is going to end scientifically either.
People have their knickers in a knot over the Mayan calendar ending on December 12 of this year (did anyone else notice its 12/21/12?). But honestly, I think it's end has largely to do with the fact that, unlike the Roman calendar that we use (it is roman right? latin, greek, christian, what ever you guys get what I mean), the Mayan calendar is not cyclical, it is linear. They didn't repeat on a 365 day cycle where after a certain point it'd just repeat. The Mayan calendar ends simply because there was A 26000 year cycle (which I guess somewhat contradicts the "no cycle" idea, but I guess it's the "type" of cycle in question) and the Mayan empire didn't exist long enough to get to a NEW calendar. So it's not the end, it would just be a NEW 26000 year period (hence the "type of cycle"). It doesn't say the world is ending.
http://www.calleman.com/content/arti...ue_meaning.htm
http://www.planetpapp.com/br21december2012/
There are 2 sites explaining the mayan calendar. knock your self out. So we STILL don't know when the world is ending.




Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Validity's Avatar
 
Name: Jay
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Posts: 2,459
Blog Entries: 23
Join Date: August 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
Some people take the bible a lot more specifically then its meant to be. For example, there is a passage in the bible that says that all the animals in the forest are his, and the cattle on a thousand hills. Is that to say that God doesnt own more than those thousand hills? Or that God only owns the animals in the forest and hills? No. (: Some people take the 1,000 year reign to literally mean a 1,000 years, some don't. I suppose that everyone has an opinion on every matter but I think that the sun could be the thing dying when the world ends. It could not also. And since the bible says that there will be light again does that mean that the sun provides it?
I know people take it literally, haha

I have my thoughts about the sun, it doesn't die, what I think happens is that God covers it with his hand and then the blood colour of the moon is to represent the shedding of his son's blood on the cross.

Jay.


Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 03:59 AM

Hmm, interesting perspective Jay. I honestly dont really have a theory about how it all happens. I'ma just let the leaves fall where they may. :P

And bumblebee, yeah I've heard about the different stuff on the mayan calender. One was that since they didnt count the calendar the way we do, then it wouldnt be this year it would be another year. I dont know specifics.(: On another subject thats just very slightly related, was Y2K worse than 2012?


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
Honestly, I felt like you read my mind in a what it was searching for. If that makes any sense... Basically, I believe you're right to think that humanity is obsessed with the end of the world by the influence of films, books, and other media. And I positively agree that some people do it to escape their problems and focus on something that seems worse but also concerning the public, not just themselves. But sometimes, I just don't understand how people can be so contradictory and hypocritical. I don't know what your religious faith is or what you believe, but I see christians all the time who totally disregard things in the bible just because it doesnt suit their point of view or bias. That is the most frustrating thing in my faith! Goodness! >< lol.



Since the bible says you won't know the day or the hour, then that contradicts you knowing that the end will happen in 2014 or 2015, the bible isnt always so specific and 365 days is apart of not knowing when it is. Though this is obviously my opinion and you're welcome to yours. I don't think someone can have proof that something will happen even if there're studies or theories that make us believe it. At least I'm assuming that you mean those years are supposed to be the end. But then again it could end in one of those year too! The bible does say we'll see signs and know the season but I don't feel or see any of that in my perspective (:



I've heard people call those christians 'lukewarm' but I think that you're either a christian or your not. I also think that even if you are backslidding you are still a christian. But there is a difference between that and dismissing God. I think we should approach things like that delicately, no one likes a bible basher or for someone to say they're going to rot forever in a place called hell. You can be an influence by just being around them, Jesus never forced his beliefs down peoples throats, but you should still remember to have an opinion on matters that you believe are wrong.
I never said the world will end in 2014-2015. Why can't people actually read what I say? Nearly every single time when people reply to me, they completely distort and misquote what I say. And no, the day and the hour is not the same as knowing the generation. Jesus tells us we CAN know the generation, just not the day or the hour.
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Heathen's Avatar
 
Name: Jordan
Age: 29
Gender: Female

Posts: 5,326
Blog Entries: 535
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 04:31 AM

The entire history of the world is cyclical. Nature and everything in it is cyclical. I believe that one day, no one knows when, life as we know it will cease to exist. Humans will all die out, and the world will start itself over again. Even if the earth were to be obliterated by some phenomena from outer space, matter cannot be created or destroyed. We will just become a part of something else in the universe.



The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 15th 2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen100 View Post
I never said the world will end in 2014-2015. Why can't people actually read what I say? Nearly every single time when people reply to me, they completely distort and misquote what I say. And no, the day and the hour is not the same as knowing the generation. Jesus tells us we CAN know the generation, just not the day or the hour.
Okay, well, I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I did say that my words were for if you thought it would end But, It actually says the 'Season', not the generation, though I suppose there could be a translation that might say that. A season is way different from a generation. A season is when we feel it in our heart, in the air, and the world knows its happening. There is no way we can predict what generation because God doesnt want us to. At least, in my perspective on things.

Anyways, on another discussion, I've noticed that no one has said that they don't believe the world will ever end. I'm curious, does most of the world believe the world will eventually end? Or are there a bunch that don't really care about this thread.


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Stephen100 Offline
Banned
Average Joe
***
 
Stephen100's Avatar
 

Posts: 105
Join Date: May 23rd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid View Post
Okay, well, I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I did say that my words were for if you thought it would end But, It actually says the 'Season', not the generation, though I suppose there could be a translation that might say that. A season is way different from a generation. A season is when we feel it in our heart, in the air, and the world knows its happening. There is no way we can predict what generation because God doesnt want us to. At least, in my perspective on things.

Anyways, on another discussion, I've noticed that no one has said that they don't believe the world will ever end. I'm curious, does most of the world believe the world will eventually end? Or are there a bunch that don't really care about this thread.
Yes, we can know the generation, which is why Jesus said that when you see these things begin to happen, lift up your heads for your redemption draws near. We can also study the end time prophecies and figure out that the end is near. The 21st century is the last generation.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough
*********
 
WhisperingSilence's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: where ever the coffee is

Posts: 3,466
Blog Entries: 1474
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 09:41 AM

I have one thing to say.

World is not going to end, they are now predicting it will end in 2036 how can it end in 2036 if it's supposed to end in 2012 ?

Oh and in 2036 we'll get 7 years warning before it does end, yay for 7 years warning.

And if the sun does burn out we'll just live in darkness and be vampires yay



BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Ceinwyn Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Ceinwyn's Avatar
 
Name: Isobel
Age: 25
Gender: MtF
Location: I'm a free spirit yo... Just haven't found the way out of leicester yet

Posts: 340
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: July 21st 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penultimate View Post
And if the sun does burn out we'll just live in darkness
'This apocolypse... will blot out the sun'

'Then we shall live in the shade'

I'm sorry, but it had to be done


Women are women, regardless of sex,
and men are men, in the same respects.

You can be both, or a mix of the two,
or you can be neither, if that's what suits you.

But people are people, whatever their parts,
because what really matters, is inside of our hearts.

*Some poem I found on the internet*
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while
********
 
craz33me's Avatar
 
Name: Ciara(:
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Oklahoma♡

Posts: 1,582
Join Date: February 15th 2011

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 09:13 PM

A lot of people are even saying Obama is the Anti-Christ. Honestly though, everyone is saying this is according to the mayan calendar. The mayans didn't have leap year, so they didn't even put that into the equation. Now once you do all that, if that was the case, the world would've ended months ago.

I am a christian, so I know what you're talking about and I agree. I don't think the world is going to end. In fact, I'm kind've laughing at it. If it ends, I know where I'm going. If it don't, well who cares?
That's my opinion.



A beautiful thing is never perfect.

  Send a message via Skype™ to craz33me 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough
*********
 
WhisperingSilence's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: where ever the coffee is

Posts: 3,466
Blog Entries: 1474
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 10:13 PM

It's not going to end, can't end twice, its going to end in 2036 and we'll get 7 years warning (or so a scientist predicts) . Let the hysteria start in 2029 xD



BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Oldaccount.'s Avatar
 
Gender: N/A
Location: N/A

Posts: 231
Join Date: June 22nd 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 10:32 PM

My personal view on this is that the World will end when it wants to. I do not believe that it'll be down to religious beliefs, just science. Technically the Earth is already ending because of many aspects to do with Science such as Global warming. It'll most likely take thousands of years from now for the world to end and our generation will be long gone by that time.
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Ceinwyn Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Ceinwyn's Avatar
 
Name: Isobel
Age: 25
Gender: MtF
Location: I'm a free spirit yo... Just haven't found the way out of leicester yet

Posts: 340
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: July 21st 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 18th 2012, 11:01 PM

In my opinion, humanity will end WAY before the world does


Women are women, regardless of sex,
and men are men, in the same respects.

You can be both, or a mix of the two,
or you can be neither, if that's what suits you.

But people are people, whatever their parts,
because what really matters, is inside of our hearts.

*Some poem I found on the internet*
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Megan1's Avatar
 
Name: Megan
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 928
Join Date: February 6th 2010

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 19th 2012, 06:59 PM

While I'm not 100% sure that the rapture will be soon, I do think that it's very likely. I wanted to point out that our ("us" being the Christians who think it is probably soon) reasoning for thinking so isn't based just on the bad money situation. It's also crimes, wars, Israel's activity and it becoming a nation again within the past century, increase in natural disasters, the fact that so many churches are becoming seeker friendly/selfish/watered down/unfocused/false doctrined, etc. It is way more than just money problems. Some of these individual things have been worse than they are now maybe, but now all of these bad things are happening and increasing together at the same time.

Also, many people believe that the anti-Christ is going to start out claiming to want peace. He might not appear evil and like a dictator right away. So, we shouldn't assume that just because somebody doesn't seem evil enough, they aren't the anti-Christ. The bible says that satan often disguises himself as an angel of light.
   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
ThisWillDestroyYou's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 1,050
Join Date: July 5th 2011

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 20th 2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
While I'm not 100% sure that the rapture will be soon, I do think that it's very likely. I wanted to point out that our ("us" being the Christians who think it is probably soon) reasoning for thinking so isn't based just on the bad money situation. It's also crimes, wars, Israel's activity and it becoming a nation again within the past century, increase in natural disasters, the fact that so many churches are becoming seeker friendly/selfish/watered down/unfocused/false doctrined, etc. It is way more than just money problems. Some of these individual things have been worse than they are now maybe, but now all of these bad things are happening and increasing together at the same time.

Also, many people believe that the anti-Christ is going to start out claiming to want peace. He might not appear evil and like a dictator right away. So, we shouldn't assume that just because somebody doesn't seem evil enough, they aren't the anti-Christ. The bible says that satan often disguises himself as an angel of light.
The Early Church also believed the rapture would come in their life time. Early Church being in the Apostle's lifetime.


"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
phatkid Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
phatkid's Avatar
 
Name: Michaela
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Napping on fields of cotton candy

Posts: 26
Join Date: December 4th 2012

Re: Annoyance at the end of the world controversy - December 21st 2012, 09:05 PM

I think that there will always be a group who thinks the world will end soon. I doubt there's been a time when not one person in the world thought the world was going to end in the near future. Its kind of a fact of life. I dont think we'll know when the world will end until it does. The cycle will continue, so we should probably just keep on keepin' on.


"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." -- Eeyore
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
annoyance, controversy, end, world

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.