TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
walk around in O O O O
Not a n00b

Name: Lucky/Lux

The meaning of - April 9th 2013, 08:01 AM

So the meaning of life... I don't know, but I think we assign ourselves all kinds of meanings and purposes as we make this journey, so here's the question:

Edit: Here are the questions:

What are you gonna be?/ What are you here, right now, to be?

What's your overall intention in life?/ What are you ultimately trying to do?

And finally,

What is this life thing anyway?

I'm always curious to know what these answers might be for the people, and I hope you'll share Really these questions pertain to you and your perspective, I don't think there could be an answer that was necessarily right or necessarily wrong, so long as it's true for you. And I know I can be a funny phraser, so interpret the questions as you will.

"This cosmic dance
of bursti
ng decadence and withheld permissions
twists all our arms colle
ctively,
but if sweetn
ess can win, and it can,
then I'll sti
ll be here tomorrow
to hig
h-five you yesterday, my friend.
Peace.
"

- Royal Tart Toter
(Adventure Time)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: The meaning of - April 9th 2013, 11:25 AM

I'm not sure who I'm gonna be. / Right now, I'm a mere high school student. Christian. Theater-lover.

My intention...What I'm trying to do...would be what ever God calls me to do. I don't know of any future callings, so I'll just wait and see. Helping people seems close to it.

What is life? I haven't quite found a definite answer for myself; I'll figure that out later. Ha...I am unsure of a lot of these questions. If you want me to go from my Christian perspective, then I would say life is where we choose many things for ourselves, bask in all this freewill (What, is this spiritual college or something? Ha!) and we truly get to choose our next location. If you choose Jesus or if you choose the world can make a pretty big impact on how you spend your time here. Life's also kinda dangerous, not in the sense of physical, but more like, dangerous in the fact that we as humans are easily led astray. It's sort of like a test...but I don't know; the mysteries of the universe are closed to me.
My two cents.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: The meaning of - April 9th 2013, 04:44 PM

I think life is a journey for knowledge and understanding. I personally believe in reincarnation, so each life has new lessons to learn and you carry that knowledge with you from life to life. We are all at different points of our journey which helps create new lessons in of itself. Some souls are older, wiser and other souls are newer and are just learning. This combination creates a cycle of learning.

I personally can not fathom the idea of only having one life to live. There is so much knowledge in this world, to me it seems impossible that a person can be truly wise when they have only lived from one perspective.

Each life that you live has a specific main lesson to be learned with many smaller lessons along the way. We are always learning, always becoming more wise and always obtaining new information to make us more well rounded knowledgeable souls.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Zace Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Isaac/Zac

Re: The meaning of - April 10th 2013, 12:50 PM

I'm going to try my best to be someone who does everything they can to care for others and be a respectable human being, hopefully leaving the world in a better place than I found it, at least in some small way.

My intention is much the same. I want to help and do something with myself.

I think it's no different from any other form of life, plants, animals. You're here and then your not, quite simple really. I don't see that as depressing though, we're lucky to be here as the unique people we are and the limits we have only make us work harder to improve ourselves. The meaning is in helping each other, learning about ourselves and the universe we live in, and preserving our knowledge and history.

Closed Thread