TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Taviaxoxo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tavia

Smile A Spiritual Awakening - April 14th 2013, 02:20 AM

I've been struggling with a lot of stress and waves of depression lately. Tonight, I think that I experienced a minor spiritual awakening (although it will only be my actions from here out that truly determine that). I posted this onto my blog shortly after and just thought that I might as well share it with anyone who may like to listen. I hope you find something in here that means something to you.

I think we always see it coming. We look to our parents when we’re young, with shock that they can walk right by the man on the side of the street without a second glance, their unblinking stare at the screen throughout even the most violent of film scenes, their cool acceptance of violence, death, or any news… We always see it coming, but we swear it will never be us.

We’ll never be cold, but we won’t let ourselves love another entirely like we did our first love. We’ll never be judging, but we won’t fall for things like that one time we did everything for that friend who ended up walking away in the end. We’ll never be them, but we will become something other than ourselves.

But why? Why do we have to change? We have to put up a front, adapting our exterior rather than who we truly are? If we’re going to make a change, then let’s give the world something that they’ve never seen before. Let’s change ourselves, and this world, for the better.

Let’s stop closing doors when we’re scared and try throwing them all open, so wide open that we can see the bad with the good, nature for all she truly is. Let’s stop fighting the world and start accepting it. Let’s not let negative experiences make us fearful, but instead braver. Let’s not take the rewarding outcomes as a result of our action, but of our mindset. Let us not die to stop experiencing the pain, but begin living enough to feel the sunlight, the kisses, the warmth, the wind… the smallest and biggest pleasures that life has to offer.

In a world where a lifetime is punctuated by a tombstone, let ours fade into a light.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: A Spiritual Awakening - April 15th 2013, 10:53 PM

I think when people are dealing with stress and depression they learn new things and it opens doors. I know during my darkest times I have had many 'spiritual awakenings' so to speak; my faith grew stronger, I changed and so much more. Thank you for sharing this I found it interesting to read.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: A Spiritual Awakening - April 21st 2013, 07:30 PM

I agree, I feel that through my hardships I built a stronger relationship with God, I need that faith that there is a bigger plan and that things will work out in the end. My faith is what keeps me going everyday that God has everything under control, even when I feel like its not. But I think this is something that everyone needs to come to in their own time. I personally believe in reincarnation, so I believe that not everyone will feel like this in this lifetime.

But I am glad to see that you are seeing some positive in this world. I think it can be very helpful especially in times when we feel like there is no hope.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread