TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Question Question.. - March 16th 2014, 10:51 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have a question and I in no way want this to offend anyone..

Why does God allow children to be hurt, why doesn't he stop it? If God is the Father in heaven, and He does everything for His children because He loves them, why would He let me be hurt? Was I not worthy enough for Him? Why didn't He stop the pain? Why didn't He answer my prayers? This is something that confuses me and I have tried to understand to why He allowed me to be sexually abused. I had been told as child to pray to God for what I need and for my protection because God can do anything. He didn't protect me, He let it go on for years. I'm just trying to figure out my faith, as I've been raised Christian but I'm not sure what I believe in anymore...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Question.. - March 16th 2014, 11:14 PM

Hey there,

This is a question that I asked myself. I don't know if my answer is going to make you feel any better because I think this is something you have to resolve on your own.

But, firstly, God allows each and every individual on this planet their own free will. Due to that fact some people use that free will to hurt others such as the people who abused us.

I like to think that the things that happen in life happen for a reason; even if they are traumatizing. The abuse that I have been through molded me into the person that I am today and has made me want to reach out to other victims of abuse. If God had stepped in and saved me from the traumatizing events I wouldn't be the person that I am today.

Like I said, my answer might not help answer your questions. I think this is something that you have to work on figuring out for yourself. Psalms 37 has helped me when I was struggling with things. So reading the bible might help. It might also help if you explore different religions. In time, hopefully, you will be able to find an answer that helps you find peace.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
gdheiwmow Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question.. - March 17th 2014, 02:54 PM

I'm not sure what the Christian response to this should be. As a Jashinist, one of our beliefs is that the one experience all sentient beings in the world share in common is pain. Through shared pain, we can understand one another and ultimately end suffering in this world, even if it is just one person deciding to comfort a lonely person, or get medical training to treat injuries. Through our own suffering, we may gain an understanding of how to identify that pain in others, and what the course of action should be to alleviate that pain.

Another point I'd make is that in both my religion and yours, I'm fairly certain rape is a sin which will be paid for in the afterlife. Even if your physical body suffered temporarily, your abuser shall suffer far worse and far longer after death. An eye for an eye, only tenfold in return, though perhaps they may even be punished harshly in life. Do you know what they typically do to child abusers in prison?

Closed Thread