TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Losing faith - March 16th 2014, 11:22 PM

So, this might be an unanswerable question but I might as well try. When you are losing faith how do you go about trying to keep it? I am trying to trust in God and believe that everything is going to be okay but I just feel hopeless. The world seems so empty and I just don't feel like I can do it anymore. I pray to God every night and it seems as though he just isn't listening and right now I feel like my faith is pointless. I've been reading the bible here and there but I don't know what else to do.

I don't know. I'm not really sure.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ginger98 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ginger98

Re: Losing faith - March 16th 2014, 11:43 PM

I am also going through the same situation--trying to regain my faith but it is indeed hard considering all the hardships we go through. But my advice to you is that you try to think of it as a positive thing like for example maybe god is letting you go through this maybe so you can learn from this is become a stronger human being! Good luck seriously! And message me if you ever need anything!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
gdheiwmow Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Losing faith - March 17th 2014, 02:32 PM

If you lose faith in that sort of way, perhaps it's best that you try to experiment with other beliefs and philosophies. Think about it this way: do you think it's against your current religious beliefs to stray for a brief while if it means ultimately that you will find happiness and continue living? I don't think I could ever worship a deity that would rather have me suffer than have me stray off the path momentarily for my own sake.

It also may not seem like an obvious thought, but perhaps don't put so much reliance on your deity. If you want your world to be great, craft it to be great. There's only so much a deity can intervene before they're just spoon feeding you. There are some hardships in life you need to overcome for yourself, and it has been suggested that perhaps the very meaning of life is that. So even if you feel like your deity is doing nothing, don't assume they don't want to help.

Closed Thread