TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

wow. just... wow. - March 20th 2015, 03:52 AM

Before getting into the actual event, let's back up a little.
I was living with my grandmother for the last five months or so, and my dad came and got me and I went to live with him. Well I got to my old house and there was a lady named Mary there. Basically my dad's girlfriend, whom I didn't even know was there until we pulled into the driveway. I know very little about her, I've only been here for a week.
I've always believed in angels, in fact I've seen what I believe is my guardian angel more than once. And before anybody makes a comment, no it wasn't a dream or a hallucination. I have never told anybody I see this, because let's face it, it sounds pretty crazy. My dad does not believe in angels, nor does he believe in God... but then again, yesterday he told me Teflon was created on Mars. Every Sunday he just drops me off at the church, then picks me up. He makes comments that there is no reason to be wasting the gas just to go to "the fake belief club". I don't care if anybody even believes this story, but I assure you, it happened.

I honestly do not care to spend time with Mary, it bothers me that my dad never told me about her. I also feel like she is intruding in my life, as rude as it may sound. So it's very rare for us to talk much, let alone spend time together. I actually have been avoiding her as much as I politely can, to the point of spending six hours a day cleaning my (spotless) bedroom.
So yesterday, I was sitting across the room from her in the living room, because my dad told me if I didn't start making an effort to get to know Mary, I would lose my phone. So I was sitting there. It was about 4 PM. That morning, at 7 AM, Mary had cooked breakfast on the stove. And our oven is easily turned on, so I guess she bumped the button. Well, she never knew she turned it on, so she never turned it off. I had not been near the kitchen at all since the previous night.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw what can best be decribed as a shimmering light-blue glow. Obviously this caught my attention. I was looking at it out of the corner of my eye as to not make it obvious that I saw that, as I didn't know if it was just the way the light hit the windows or what. This 'glow' came into more focus, and I saw an angel, the same one I always see, that I believe to be my guardian angel. She wasn't moving her lips, but somehow I "heard" her tell me (I guess the words just telepathically came to my mind) to check the oven. I had a cat on my lap, so I asked Mary to check the oven. She didn't understand why, as she told me she didn't even know how to turn it on, so hadn't used it. But I told her I thought it was on, and she went to check it. Sure enough, it was on. It had been on for 9 HOURS. Our house could have caught on fire.
And as I mentioned earlier, I hadn't been in the kitchen. So naturally, Mary wanted to know how I knew it was on. I hestitated, And right then, her dog started chasing the cat, which rarely happens. So I was saved from answering. I excused myself, and went to my room. I really didn't want to tell Mary what happened, because I didn't know if she would think I was crazy. But 20 minutes later, she knocked on my door and I told her to come in. She said the thing that was least expected: "Did that angel tell you the oven was on?"
I played dumb. "What angel?"
"I know you saw it, you were looking out of the corner of your eye at her."
I figured that if she saw it, I couldn't play dumb. There was no other way I could have explained it. So I said "Yes, I believe she was my guardian angel. She told me to check the oven."
Mary surprised me yet again, telling me "I think she is too. I have noticed that your father doesn't believe in God or angels though, and I don't think we should tell him. He wouldn't believe it anyway."
That was more than fine with me. But one thing was bothering me. I always thought the only person who can see a guardian angel is the person who they are protecting. So when in doubt, I go to the library. I checked out every book by Doreen Virtue they had. I spent the rest of the night reading, literally until 5 AM. I found out that it was possible.

Now here for the awesome part: today Mary had a doctor appt. My dad opted to stay home, but I figured I might as well ride with her. The driver side door has always stuck in her car. Well, we got to her appt, I stayed in the car. Nobody was parked next to us when we got there, nor when we left. I was right there and would have noticed somebody coming over to the car. Mary was in there for 40 minutes. She came out, and right as she was getting into the car, she noticed a small necklace by her door, that was not there before when she poured her drink out. It was still warm and dry, as if it was still on somebody's neck. The necklace had a small angel on it, and right next to her door handle, an angel was drawn in the dirt on the door. She opened the door, it didn't stick, and we stopped six times and got out on the way home to run errands. Her door never stuck.

Mary and I talked on the way home about the oven thing. She told me that she has never seen an angel before until that day. She told me she thought it was a hallucination, and that she was a bit freaked out, and wondered why I wasn't. I said that that wasn't the first time I had seen her. I told her that "really, there is no reason to be freaked out, it's not like the angel is going to rob us or kill us. It fills me with peace, knowing that my angel is watching out for me. But the first time I saw her, I was five, and wasn't scared or freaked out so much, I just thought it was cool."

Mary is apparently now thinking I must be the reason she saw the angel. She keeps staring over my shoulder and it honestly looks like she is trying to see my aura. My dad keeps asking her what she is doing. She tells him she thought she saw a bug.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AdvicePrincess Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: wow. just... wow. - March 21st 2015, 03:49 AM

My mom has always had miracles happen to her in her life and I never understood why I never got them. But then I realized I wasn't looking. Small miracles can come in many forms. I love your story. I've been watching a lot of "Touched By An Angel" recently which was always my favorite show that I watched with my parents when it was on TV. I've always wondered what it'd be like to see an angel. I've had my share of miracles; not like my mom of course (she could tell you stories that would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up). I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing.

~AdvicePrincess~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

Re: wow. just... wow. - March 21st 2015, 04:17 AM

Oh, I have a couple ones that would make the hair on the back of anybody's neck stand up.
One of which was told to me in a psychiatric hospital. It's not really important why I was there. But we were all discussing scary stories, and the staff named Jayme had one and literally nobody in the children's unit slept that night, all the way in the teen wing we heard them screaming all night. Yes it's a true story, I was there when this happened, I've been to this hospital more than once.
Jayme had just gotten the job, the hospital was called Brooklane. It's in Hagerstown MD, for those of you who care. She was doing her rounds, checking on all the children. There was a seven year old who had a lot of problems that day. Jayme went to talk to her about it. Jayme was sitting in the girl's bedroom, when the lights dimmed. The girl started looking "through" Jayme. The girl asked Jayme if her mom had just died. Jayme's mom had died six weeks previous. The little girl said to Jayme "your mom says 'its ok'."
Jayme had a huge fight with her mom the night she died. Then the lights turned back to regular, and Jayme went to tell the other staff what just happened. The other staff, Gary, said "well, that's why she's here. She said she saw an angel that told her to push her brother out a window." Just then that girl walked out of her room in a trance and tried to push Jayme out a window.
And yes, I was there and saw this with my own eyes. I slowly walked go my room and shut the door and dragged a chair over to it. I refused to come out for like 8 hours.

Closed Thread