TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Why? - May 18th 2015, 03:23 PM

I became a Christian about a year and a half ago. I left behind my sins and my past life. I feel guilt though every day and feel that God hasnt forgiven me even though I confessed to God. Is this Satan or the Holy Spirit or my conscience saying I need to do more for God to forgive me and that I cant move on from my past. Ive been a good person towards the peple I have hurt in the past. Does God forgive me if I confessed to him?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Why? - May 18th 2015, 04:58 PM

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
Proverbs 28:13

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Psalm 32:5

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Why? - May 20th 2015, 12:31 AM

Yes.
If God is actually all-forgiving, he'll forgive anything. I think this is just you still feeling guilty. Also, look to Cursive's Bible verses if you're a Bible guy. (I know I'm not.)
I guarantee you, anything you've done is something He's seen a billion times anyway.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Why? - May 21st 2015, 11:37 AM

The voice telling you that you need to be better to get forgiveness is wrong. It isn't satan but it sure as hell is probably one of his minions telling you these things. As soon as you asked for forgiveness he gave it to you. He is the all loving, all caring, all powerful God who cares about his creation. He loves you so much and he wants you to show that love to others, it may be the thing that saves their life one day, but the devil tries to stop you doing this by filling you with guilt of the past. You are a new human being. If you listen to those voices, they will hold you back in the future. But ignore them. They are lying. As soon as you gave your life to God it is no longer your life but he who lives in you and through you. All the things you did in the past are no longer you. You are forgiven. He died for you. He doesn't want to see your life ruined because of guilt.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Why? - May 21st 2015, 12:01 PM

Hi Dan!

Far too often we rely on our FEELINGS when we should depend more on FACTS when it comes to our relationship with God. The bible makes it clear that if you asked Jesus into your heart and repented from your sins [and that's something you'll do for the rest of your life - just like every other Christian] you are forgiven. And that's that. Whether or not you FEEL forgiven has nothing to do with it. God's forgiveness is NOT dependent upon how you FEEL.

That said... very often the last person we forgive is our self. I think maybe that's what you need to work on now. Accept the fact that - as a human - you are imperfect. And because you're imperfect you'll make mistakes. You'll say the wrong things. You'll do the wrong things. That's just HUMAN. And becoming a Christian doesn't stop you from being HUMAN. The difference NOW is that when you do make a mistake you'll ask God to forgive you and apologize to the person you offended. [And that includes YOU - if YOU offended YOU!]

You'll be OK. Being a Christian is a life-long journey. You don't 'get saved' and now everything is fine. You have simply chosen a path to be on. And you will have many experiences on that path - some good and some not so good - that will help you to grow in your faith.

I hope that helps.

Craig!

Closed Thread