TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Senji Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 16th 2017, 05:13 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Normally I'm pretty fine with people of different religions. I've gotten teased for being Catholic, but my friends have been deist, agnostic, full on atheists, and Hindu. Heck, my dad's protestant. But my sister's friend of five years is now a satanist. And not a typical one. He LITERALLY worships the devil and even said that Christians should be wiped off the planet. He supports persecution of any religion on his Facebook page.
Also, he isn't very nice to my family. My sister once used the word "c*nt" in a joking way (she curses a lot) and he told her to shove two fists up her p*ssy. And when I got upset with him he said, "I'm gay, it's fine." (I don't see how it connects , but okay.) Also, he's in the three-way relationship, got a sex change (male to female) and called my mom a whore that only had sex twice.
I at least TRY to be tolerant, but... When someone's literally saying to my sister that my family is evil for our beliefs, it tends to worry me. Half the stuff he says isn't true! He once said that we don't allow use of painkiller which is so wrong I don't even know where to start. I dunno... Am I being too overprotective? I have a bad tendency to do that. >_>

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 16th 2017, 04:13 PM

I would say this has less to do with satanism and more to do with their complete lack of knowledge on how to interact with other people. This person sounds like they are not being a friend to your sister. In fact, it doesn't sound like they know what being a friend is. Have you talked to your sister about this? How do they react when their "friend" says things like this in front of you and your family. She must know this would be upsetting?

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Last edited by Lizzie; January 16th 2017 at 09:19 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 16th 2017, 07:46 PM

I agree with Lizzie. I honestly think this has nothing to do with religion but has to do with him as a person. You seems like he doesn't know how to react to things or how to socialize correctly. It also sounds like he isn't being a good friend to your sister.

I would try and sit down with your sister and see how she feels about how he treats her. And you can voice your opinion to her. I would also advice your sister to sit down and talk with her friend if it bothers her.

I hope this helped a little bit
Your Friend,
Frankie

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 17th 2017, 02:58 AM

Like the others have said, it sounds like this person just isn't a good friend. What you're getting upset about is not his beliefs, but how he is acting towards you and your family. I believe it is completely justified in this sense. You are tolerant of his beliefs, but it's a different matter when he's saying rude and inconsiderate things to you and saying untrue things about you as well.

I think talking to your sister about her friendship with this person is a good idea as well. Overall, it is her decision on who she is friends with but there is nothing wrong with expressing your concerns. Tell her this person concerns you and is repeatedly saying rude things about you and your family. That is not how a friend acts.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Senji Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 17th 2017, 11:55 PM

Thank you for the replies! ^^ Yeah, I kinda got a little ahead of myself in that post. My sister said she doesn't exactly like him anymore but still has a, "I can change him" philosophy. Guess all I can do is hope that someday she can move on.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 18th 2017, 09:45 AM

Sounds e he has anger issues, or possibly is secretly using drugs making him incorrigible with a short fuse.

Or because he's a tranny (sex change) and living in a non-accepting community (this assumption may be wrong) he's taken to being aggressive to shield himself from disapproval. (Could also expain why he chose a nonconformist religion. He deliberately chose it to irritate others.)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: My sister is friends with a satanist. - January 18th 2017, 05:55 PM

Just tell him to be careful because you don't want to cut yourself on all of that edge.

Closed Thread