TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Is this a thing? - July 23rd 2017, 12:22 PM

This is something I've been wondering about for a long time and I've never known where to post it...I've been trying to come up with some kind of explanation for this and I wonder if it's some kind of spiritual or scientific thing. There's this kid I'm friends with and I've known him since we were both fourteen but...I've always felt like I've known him for, well, maybe forever. I just, I don't even know. I swear I know him from somewhere. But I know we'd never met before that day three years ago. And I think he feels the same way...we've always been very familiar with each other if that makes sense, even when we were virtual strangers. I feel like we could talk about anything.

We've both been confused about our gender in the past. I was born a girl but sometimes feel like I should be a boy and he was born a boy but sometimes feels like he should be a girl. We're both attracted to the same sex. We're both about the same height, we both have the same style of dress but he wears more girl clothes and I wear more boy clothes. And we both love the same music, books, TV shows, etc. We have almost the same personalities...I'm ISTP and he's ISTJ...and we have the same sense of humor. We both have anxiety and depression and take meds for it. A lot of people suspect we have autism because it runs in our families too. He told me once that he didn't have any friends until he was twelve which is when I made my first real friend too. It's weird because I swear we have a lot of the same mannerisms.

I feel like we're basically the same person and it's so surreal. I feel like maybe we're like...connected by our souls or something. At one point, when we were younger, I thought we might've been related without knowing but his surname isn't in our family tree so that's impossible. Is this weird? Have you ever heard of something like this? Is it a common occurrence?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Is this a thing? - July 24th 2017, 04:45 PM

I have heard of people who believe/feel that they are deeply connected to another individual in their life. Sometimes it's a friend and sometimes its a partner. Idk if it's a 'thing' per se but I am guessing if you did research on google you might be able to find articles about this kind of thing or even a forum.

There are groups of people who believe that people have 'soulmates' however these people don't, necessarily, think that a soulmate is a romantic partner. Some people feel it can be a romantic partner, a really good friend or even a sibling or cousin.

IDK how I feel about this. I do believe that there are people who have a stronger connection and it can feel like their 'souls' are connected but I am uncertain if I truly believe that or if I just think that the people share so many common things that it appears to them that their soul is connected.

I hope that this helped in some way.

edit: I did a google search because I wanted to come back and link you to some articles. For some reason google doesn't want to load the articles but some terms that have popped up were 'soul connection', 'soul companion' or 'twin soul'. Maybe you will have better luck with whatever search engine you use? If I have time tomorrow I will try and search again and see if the articles will actually load.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; July 26th 2017 at 05:43 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Is this a thing? - July 25th 2017, 07:00 PM

I believe in 'soul sisters' and whatever the alternate is for brothers. I guess the well-known (though a bit ghetto in my opinion) is brother from another mother. Anyways, I have two friends that I feel this connection with. One is someone I have mentioned time and time again here on TeenHelp; she and I never met in real life but we have been friends for seven years. Another is someone I work with and we just connect on a level I can really appreciate. Like abibliophobe said, you could dig deeper via a Google search and even find a forum where other individuals experience the same thing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Is this a thing? - July 27th 2017, 09:01 PM

It could just be that you both have similar expereineces etc and are on the same level due to that...
from a spiritualist point of view... you could have known each other in a past life... and that could explain it.. or like others have said it could just be a connection of the souls...i have a friend who i get on with like really well but thats because we have both had similar experiences and both have the same mental health problems etc we just get each other it could be the same here you just simply understand each other like no one else does.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread