TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/)
-   -   For Christians.... speaking in tongues?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/t155851-christians-speaking-tongues/)

butterflykisses300 May 10th 2018 12:01 AM

For Christians.... speaking in tongues??

Any Christians who know about speaking in tongues, please pm me. I would like more info. It’s a long story as to why I need to know, but I’d really like to have that conversation.

TraitorBaby May 12th 2018 07:18 AM

Re: For Christians.... speaking in tongues??

What about speaking in tongues? You mean like randomly speaking dead languages, right? What's the story here?

butterflykisses300 May 12th 2018 01:10 PM

Idk. Does anyone else know how to do it? There is no story. I just met this woman from my church and she taught me about speaking in tongues and how it has so much power in prayer. I want to learn but something is holding me back... I don’t want to be afraid of it.

Fanatic May 13th 2018 04:55 AM

Hi Butterfly,

I'm sure you have a lot of questions about speaking in tongues. As explained in the bible, it is one of the spiritual gifts that is given by God. There are many people who don't believe in it, but I believe it can be a powerful tool in worship, becoming closer with God, and helping others get to know God on a more spiritual level. It is also mentioned in the bible several times: Acts, Mark, 1 Corinthians, and Galatians. I am someone who has been given this gift at the age of 12 in Christian youth group at my church. So in my own words, you are able to pray to God about giving you the gift of speaking tongues. It's a constant thing you need to pray for as you would for any spiritual gift. It comes with time, patience, and practice as well. In my experience, it was rough at first because it came in sounds at first. But, when I used it regularly in praise and worship, I began to form words as I got more confident. Speaking in tongues is a useful gift because even it may sound like nonsense to other people, it is a language only God understands.

butterflykisses300 May 13th 2018 04:14 PM

that's amazing. I've really been thinking about it lately. I really want to ask God for it because I think it's an awesome tool in prayer. I just keep asking God to help me not be afraid of it or ashamed. My parent have never talked to me about this so somehow it seems wrong. They don't speak in tongues so they're not the right people to ask about it. I really want to this gift but before I ask God for it, I need to ask Him to help me have the right heart about it.

Sprite-1 March 10th 2021 08:39 AM

The gift of 'tongues' is a spiritual gift granted only by the Holy Spirit, but how that may manifest I am presently trying to discover, and need to take advice from one of the Elders of my church.

I'm a Messianic Jew as in Messianic Judaism, where, in the more freer forms of worship, tongues are uttered. I believe the importance of tongues is to translate their meaning as in prophesy or teaching or exalting, though tongues being uttered during times of worship sound a deeply moving melodic cadence that uplifts me during my times at Saturday morning worship.

This is a fascinating subject which for time, I haven't got. But I hope to return sometime later. :)

Dawn. March 11th 2021 08:17 AM

I'm curious to know if anyone can speak in tongue too.

Sprite-1 March 15th 2021 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusk. (Post 1363868)
I'm curious to know if anyone can speak in tongue too.

Talk to a church minister, or an Elder. They will guide you, if you really are seeking; then you will find. :)

Dawn. March 16th 2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite-1 (Post 1364084)

Talk to a church minister, or an Elder. They will guide you, if you really are seeking; then you will find. :)

That's a good point. :)

Sprite-1 March 20th 2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusk. (Post 1364155)
That's a good point. :)

Look up churches in your town or city and check out the ones which seem livelier. Then, take the phone number of the minister or leader, or their support office, note down the times they're available and call them.

If you seek with all your heart, then you shall find. I promise you that. I promise. :hug:

Blackwing July 22nd 2021 09:16 PM

Something when demons possess a host and they speak languages only the demon knew