TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Angry Christian family- only pagan there - February 17th 2012, 04:33 PM

Well I'm pagan and some people know about it. My mom and dad know but only my brother knows that I do spells. Some friends know and they seem cool with it but they look at me weird when it's a pagan/Wiccan holiday that day and I say " happy Imbolc!" I really hate it but it's ok, what really bothers me is my family. They are mostly Christians so they don't even know that I'm not! My aunt is really Christian and used to be a nun and is always pushing Christianity on me. She always gives me cards with nuns and stuff on it and thinks I know who they are, she is always telling me to have faith in god, and when I wear my usual head to toe black, she looks horrified! I really just want to tell my family that I'm not Christian and that I'm pagan but I don't want to hear all the fuss over it, I don't need them asking me why I chose it, why I'm not Christian, if I still believe in god, I don't need them telling me it's just a phase, or that it's silly or that I'm just a child and don't know what I want! I don't care if they no longer accept me or if they try to make me be christian again! I just don't know how to tell them cuz it never comes up in conversation!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Christian family- only pagan there - February 17th 2012, 09:13 PM

Get used to it. They'd be disappointed you've changed your mind about their religion (quite obviously).

If you don't change from your beliefs (I'm not to informed about paganism) then they'll get used to it and accept it.

good luck, just don't get angry about it. You have to understand it from their point of view

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Astrael Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: Christian family- only pagan there - February 18th 2012, 07:01 PM

If it comes up in conversation, I think you should break it to them easily. They'll likely be a bit scared because they aren't informed about any pagan things. Be as reasonable and informative as possible when they ask or talk about it, try not to get defensive or yell at them because they might take it that "it's because you don't have god in you're life that you're like this" or something(at least that's what i think they'll do based on what you put). Just become as informed about it as you can so if they ask you questions about it you wont seem like youre just jumping into this without any knowledge.

"Once in a while we have to do something that scares us. Whoever says that what I want to do /doesn't/ scare me to death, is wrong. It scares me so much more than that."

If you have any questions about ghosts, spirits, Wicca, earth angels or if you just want to talk, PM me. I can help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Roy-kun231 Offline
"Just Be Friends!"
Average Joe

Name: Bobbie

Re: Christian family- only pagan there - February 19th 2012, 06:12 PM

I know exactly how it feels. *nods*

Send a message via Yahoo to Roy-kun231  
Closed Thread