TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Hero - March 9th 2012, 07:12 PM

I wrote this today. It's about my feelings towards God. I believe in him but I no longer worship him because I feel like when I've needed him the most he has turned his back from me. I don't know what to do anymore.

On my knees
I worshiped

Hands folded
I prayed

Eyes shut
I hoped

But you
never came

I needed you and
it felt like you turned
your back

Nothing you say
could change this

I'm not waiting
for you
anymore

Don't you know
you used to
be my HERO?

I always thought
you would swoop
in and
SAVE THE DAY

I can't pretend
anymore
I need you more than
ever and you're not here

I need my saviour,
My HERO,
My Superman

BUT YOU'RE NOT HERE.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 9th 2012, 09:29 PM

Firstly, I'd like to say, nice poem. It has a good rhythm to it (if that makes sense )

I'm rather confused, do you still believe in god or have you just stopped worshipping him?

I hope things get better soon

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Hero - March 9th 2012, 11:04 PM

When you feel like God isn't speaking to you personally, remember that He still has already spoken to all of us through the 66 different books in the bible. Through that, God has told us everything that we need to know about what happens when we go through trials, what His role in it is, what we are supposed to do, and what He will do at the proper time to help us. When you don't know what to do, remember that God is always willing to speak to you through the bible if you are willing to read it.

One thing the bible says is to be still and remember that God is in control. When you don't know what to do, be still. Let God take over. Don't try to fix things yourself. It may not automatically fix everything at that very second, but in the long run, He will do what He needs to do if we let Him.

In the bible, Jesus straight up tells us that we WILL have troubles, but that they are all only temporary because anyone who is saved will get to go to Heaven some day and never suffer again. Even for those of us who's sins are forgiven, we still live in a world full of sin, so it's not going to be easy until we are in Heaven. God says so in the bible. He also says that we will be rewarded in Heaven if we stick with Him through trials and continue trusting Him. He never ever promised that He was going to take every stuggle away. He did promise that He would never leave us or forsake us.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 10th 2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
When you feel like God isn't speaking to you personally, remember that He still has already spoken to all of us through the 66 different books in the bible. Through that, God has told us everything that we need to know about what happens when we go through trials, what His role in it is, what we are supposed to do, and what He will do at the proper time to help us. When you don't know what to do, remember that God is always willing to speak to you through the bible if you are willing to read it.

One thing the bible says is to be still and remember that God is in control. When you don't know what to do, be still. Let God take over. Don't try to fix things yourself. It may not automatically fix everything at that very second, but in the long run, He will do what He needs to do if we let Him.

In the bible, Jesus straight up tells us that we WILL have troubles, but that they are all only temporary because anyone who is saved will get to go to Heaven some day and never suffer again. Even for those of us who's sins are forgiven, we still live in a world full of sin, so it's not going to be easy until we are in Heaven. God says so in the bible. He also says that we will be rewarded in Heaven if we stick with Him through trials and continue trusting Him. He never ever promised that He was going to take every stuggle away. He did promise that He would never leave us or forsake us.
Or maybe he just wasn't there in the first place? Troubles happen to everyone, I don't think there's any god to help us or punish us for them.

I prefer to look for inspiration within myself rather than attributing that to a god. The more you 'just let god take over' the more you don't take action for yourself.

Anywho, learningtobreathe, I hope you come to a conclusion and all things work out well in the end

Hey, guess why i smile a lot... because it's worth it

People who don't want you to think are never your friends.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Hero - March 10th 2012, 12:13 AM

I am sorry that you are going through this.

If it is any comfort, I have not heard His voice in about a year. My prayers remain unanswered.

Regardless, I find comfort in the examples of David, Job, and the disciples, namely Peter. David felt rejected by G-D numerous times, take a look at the Psalms. Job felt so despaired that he said, "There is hope for me like a cut down tree." Peter, heck, all of the disciples, were asleep on a boat and cried, "Master, we're perishing!" What about the blind men who said, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy of us?" They cried out to Him, yet, hearing them, He did not respond until the 3rd cry, after people had rebuked them for being too loud.

I know these aren't the best examples, and sometimes, they aren't even comforting. But, know this, even if He doesn't answer your prayers, even if He seems to be ignoring you, He is there, He is faithful, He is Love.

I am going to share with you a YouTube video. The point of the video, is, hopefully, to show you that He knows what is better for us, even if we think we know what is best, and continue to pray for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJJtw2DHfY

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Hero - March 10th 2012, 01:50 AM

Chickenonsteroids, you are right that it means we take less action for ourselves when we trust God to do it. I'd rather let Him do it since He is perfect and all-knowing than let myself do it and likely mess up. Don't get me wrong, I know that I can't just ignore everything because God is controling my life...but I can wait for Him to show me what to do and how instead of automatically going with my feelings and ideas.

I'm not here to debate though, I just want to help the OP, so send me a private message if you need to know anything else about God (not just to debate). Thanks.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 13th 2012, 01:39 AM

thank you everyone. i don't know the point of the poem. i was feeling lost and just needed to get how i felt about God out of my head. i used to believe and worship him, but then i lost my way. now i still believe in him but I don't worship him or trust him.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Hero - March 14th 2012, 05:53 PM

May we all learn to trust Him. I understand your feelings. I would add more, but I'll refrain as it may offend some, not you, the OP, but other believers. Hope you learn to trust. In our weakness, we are strong.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 20th 2012, 06:52 PM

to michael- Why don't u PM me?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Hero - March 21st 2012, 02:38 AM

Hey.

Well, I definitely get what you're going through. I became a pagan, then an atheist, after years and years of worshipping God and not feeling like it was getting me anywhere. And now I'm a Christian again, after all these years, and it feels new and good and I love every bit of it.

I realized after a long time of God "not answering my prayers", that sometimes God puts us through things or gives us trials so we can overcome them and become the person that He wants us to be. Eventually, when we come back to Him after our long, often horrible journeys, we find ourselves and our faith in Him to be stronger than it ever was before.

I find that a lot of times, when God stops helping me, it's best to just start helping myself and stop waiting on Him. Why? Because I think that most of the time, He wants us to realize our own inner strength, and to eventually become stronger in our faith. It isn't said anywhere in the Bible that I've read so far, but someone once said: The Lord helps those who helps themselves. And I don't think that's wrong.

Just read the story of Job. He suffered, and suffered, and suffered some more. He lost everything. And in the end, God gave him a family and lands and everything that were even better than the one he had before, because through all his suffering, Job was patient and strong and continued on in his belief.

God isn't a superhero to rush in and get rid of all of our problems. He has His plans, and we are subject to them. Just remember that God has His way in everything, and realize that no matter what happens, He does not forget us.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 21st 2012, 05:53 PM

Thank you for all your comments i'm not sure it helps though. i still can't trust God

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Hero - March 21st 2012, 06:09 PM

I'm an Agnostic Theist, and I was on the same path at some point. I worshipped God, pretended to care about the contents of the Bible. What it all came down to was...you know, my prayers aren't being answered. So I stopped praying to connect with God with the anticipation that He would actually do something about it, and started praying when I wanted to...just to communicate and say...hey, I know you're busy...but can you at least open my mind up so I can get some ideas on how to better myself? After a short period of time, I actually got a lot of motivation to start working out and it lead me to finding my girlfriend (we'll be celebrating our year anniversary next month). Though He didn't really answer my prayers when I wanted Him too, I believe that He lead me to the love of my life...so it was worth it. Perhaps He will do the same for you?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 22nd 2012, 12:57 PM

i quit talking to God 3 years ago. it'll be kind of hard to start again now.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Re: Hero - March 23rd 2012, 02:35 AM

"God wouldn't give you anything you couldn't handle."
When I go through a troublesome situation.. that's what I say to myself. It reminds me that he gives us troubles and weakness for a reason.. to better ourselves. He may not always answer your prayers. But, he's not a wishmaster. Haha, he doesn't grant wishes. But, if you have enough faith in him, and -try- to trust him.. he does help. It may not be now, but he will and does. I used to cut. I stopped 5 months ago. I wondered to myself: "Why does he put me through all of this?? Why? Am I a bad person?". No. Now, that I look back on it, he made me stronger. I thought I wasn't gonna handle it, and that I could never handle it (bullying and cutting, also suicide). But, I did. It just made me stronger. And, more experienced with life. You don't have to believe in him. But, he's always here, he always loves you for you, and he's always gonna help you.

Sorry for the long paragraph, just though I would try and help. Hope all is well.

-Michelle<3

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 27th 2012, 07:43 PM

I know. I want to be baptized on Easter Sunday. I am ready to accept Jesus into my heart.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Hero - March 29th 2012, 12:09 AM

Believe it or not, EVERY person of ANY religious belief goes through this, often more than once in their lives. So you definitely aren't alone. Believe me, God is used to people being unhappy with him.

Here's the thing: A lot of times, when things are really, really bad, it will feel like God isn't listening. Perhaps it feels like you pray and you pray but there is never an answer. Then there's a lot of resentment because we're taught that God is supposed to be there for us, to help us in times of need, to stand by our sides, but....he isn't.

On one note, I am going to refer you to a very famous christian poem It's called "Footsteps in the Sand." I won't lie; I think it's become rather cliched, but all that is in that poem is still true, and still resonates within many christians going through hard times.

In my own experience this is what I've found: God doesn't leave you. He is there for you. And it may feel like he doesn't care or that he isn't listening. But often that's because we've stopped listening, not because He hasn't. Do you pray and pray? Sure. But God might be trying to tell you something in a different way. It's just a matter of finding out what.

I've found the times this is most difficult is when we are facing a challenge within ourselves. There may be something going on outside of ourselves, in our lives, but what really may need to change is on the inside. It is these challenges that are the most difficult to listen to God on, because they are the ones that most require letting go of ourselves to let Him change us.

I hope you find what you're looking for, and I hope you can re-establish yourself with God again, if that's what you desire.

Until then, don't stop trusting. He's still there for you.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hero - March 29th 2012, 12:57 PM

Thanks Jordan. I'm trying.

Closed Thread