TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 01:15 AM

What I'm sorry for:
Debating about little details here all the time instead of just focusing on preaching salvation and mentoring people who have questions. The bible says to not fight with non-Christians about little issues before they even understand salvation, and I'm sorry for the times when I've done that. I know I've said this several times here, but I kept doing it. I'm also sorry for my lack of compassion. At church last night, my youth pastor was talking about atheists and other people who are against the Christian beliefs, and he said to remember that it's not "us against them", but rather it's "us for them, trying to lead them to salvation because we care". Sometimes on this site, I didn't act that way. Instead of just telling people about salvation and answering their serious questions when they have them, I have gotten into aimless debates about minor issues that won't do anyone any good. I'm sorry for getting prideful at times and loosing focus of why I was even discussing these issues- to bring glory to God.

What I'm not sorry for:
My love for God, my beliefs, and my mission to spread the gospel to everyone. I'm not sorry for saying that we are all sinners and need to be saved to go to Heaven. I'm not sorry for believing that things like homosexual acts and pre-marital sex are wrong (though I shouldn't have gotten into pointless debates about those things). I'm not sorry for believing any of the things that I've preached here; I'm only sorry for preaching them out of anger/pride. And most of all, I am absolutely not sorry for the people who have turned to Christ after reading my posts. Even when I did get out of control and debate for the wrong reasons, God still used it for good, and I am so thankful for that.

What I'm going to do about it:
When someone posts here asking for advice or has serious questions about God because they truly want to understand, I'm still going to respond to their thread and just answer their post. If the thread turns into a debate, I will finish the conversation with the OP in a private message to avoid debate. I will also answer any private messages I get, so please feel free to send me a message if you ever want to talk about God or have any questions (or even if you just need a friend or advice about something else). I will also post threads for Christians here sometimes (such as threads where we can share bible study plans) and will keep posting advice in other sections (mostly the dating section and eating disorder section, since I have stuggled with those things in the past and hope to use my experiences to help others). I also invite you all to visit my website if you want to know more about God. I made this site that has all of the basics about God so I can send people the link to it on sites like this instead of repeating the same things over and over again. The site is www.themostimportantthing.webs.com

I love you all

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 01:55 AM

Megan, I'm sure no one was really too offended by you, haha. This is a brilliant post, and as one who has been on both sides of the fence -- being an atheist and now a Christian -- I have to say that I really appreciate it, and I know a lot of others will, too.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 01:59 AM

Great post Megan, but don't worry about it, here on the debate boards it's great to have people who disagree with you, it's kind of the point of them.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 02:04 AM

This is a great post, Megan. Don't feel too guilty, though. This is a debate forum and I'm sure no one was ever offended by your posts.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 03:06 AM

Thanks

I didn't know if anyone had exactly been offended by me or not, but I know that there have been times when I got so into a debate that I was more focused on "winning" and proving my point than I was about showing others the love and salvation of God. I felt the need to apologize for that either way, because that is never my intent when I come here. I know almost everyone here debates anyways, but that wasn't what I was here to do. Again, I'm not apologizing for my beliefs or for trying to get people saved; only for the pointless debates that I know can only end in frustration.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 04:13 AM

You never offended me Megan. And you're free to still debate on other posts in here or Current Events, not all your posts about Christianity have to be with the goal of conversion, you still defend your points sometimes. It's good to see different points of view. I have no interest in converting, but I do enjoy reading and educating myself on different points of view. I'm sorry if I ever offended you with my atheistic ramblings/questions.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - March 31st 2012, 05:59 AM

Wonderful post, Megan. It's a really important thing to be able to know where one stands AND to be able to internalize their thoughts and feelings to figure out what is at the root of them. You've shown both in this post. You really are an example to others.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - April 2nd 2012, 09:48 PM

Thanks

Oh, and after reading some of my old posts yesterday, I also feel the need to say I'm sorry for some of the false Christian doctrine that I spread when I first started seeking God at the beginning of 2010. I'd suggest ignoring my posts that I made in mid 2010 and before. lol

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - April 3rd 2012, 08:21 AM

I agree with Traci.
Wonderful post Megan.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.

PM / VM

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I'm Sorry (and some other stuff) - April 4th 2012, 06:40 PM

I'm not offended by anything you've said, I just don't want reminding that I'm going to hell for being gay. Other than that - carry on.

Closed Thread