TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Exclamation Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 19th 2013, 06:47 PM

Hello all, its been a very long time since I have been on TH, I have been through quiet a lot these first few months of 2013. It all began on the night of January 5th, around 8:30 i got a really bad stomach ache that would not go away I felt very nauseous as well, I laid down on my bed and hoped and prayed this would pass but it only got worse, around 10:30pm I ended up vomiting quiet violently. so after my mom helped me get cleaned up my mom and dad tucked me in and said good night. I could not sleep and around 12:30am on January 6th I vomited again but not as badly as the first time. once again my mom helped me get back into bed and cleaned up the floor and went bck to bed. she and my dad had to be up very early because my mom was taking my dad to the airport because he had to go to Asia for work(he is a UPS pilot. I was up all night dry heaving and around 2-3am I got very bad diahreea and this continued to happened every few minutes by 3:30am I was so weak I could barely crawl let alone stand, around 5am after having diahreea all night I lost control of my bowls and ruined a spot on my carpet, I woke up my mom and my dad got up too and my mom had to wake up my brother to have him take my dad to the airport, my parents decided my dad should go ahead and go to work. My mom helped get me dressed and took me to the ER(we are lucky/blessed that we live 3 minutes away from a hospital) when we got to the hospital I couldn't walk. After entering the hospital
I don't remember much because I was barely conscious and I was incoherent, I do know I had to be on oxygen and that my heart rate was over 140 my blood pressure was through the roof and reached into the 200s over 100s I had absolutely no potassium in my body and no electrolytes, they gave me lots of fluids including magnesium sulfate and calcium. I was at risk of going into cardiac arrest so I was watched very closely because of my genetic disorder and other health issues I have a higher risk of going into cardiac arrest. my mom was with me the entire time, I was glad she was there. I was in the ER on a gurney for twelve hours straight. I finally was taken to my room and by this time I was coherent I began to become more coherent and conscious around 4pm. I was in the hospital for three days and to this day I am still somewhat weak but I am doing better. Sadly on January 9th my first full day home that night my grandmother(my moms mom) passed away. Then in February the day after valentines day I had to go to the hospital again but this time we went to children's hospital in Seattle, I was having chest pain and needed extra help so they gave me pain medicine whenever I needed it and I was in the hospital for a week. My health isn't that great right now but I know everything will be okay. My mom kept my dad up to date both times I was in the hospital because both times he was out of the country. Things are rough right now but I am doing better, anyway that's all that's been going on. I am glad to be back on TH everyone on here is supportive and so sweet. So I'm back and I'm going to try to be on TH more often. It's good to be back.

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 19th 2013, 07:28 PM

Welcome back to TH Ashley,
I am sorry you have been through so much lately. I hope things get better for you soon. Feel free to message me anytime. I hope to see you around.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 19th 2013, 11:39 PM

Welcome back, Ashley!

But wow, I am so sorry about lately. I'm hope you feel a lot better soon.

Take care <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 19th 2013, 11:43 PM

Welcome back Ashley! So sorry to hear about everything that you've gone through, but I'm glad you're back!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 20th 2013, 03:18 AM

Welcome back.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 20th 2013, 02:58 PM

Sorry to hear about all you've been through recently, hope all is getting better now! Hope to see you around!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Back after a very long hiatus.(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)(LONG) - March 21st 2013, 12:18 AM

Welcome back Ashley! I believe I remember you! I'm really sorry you have had so many health problems going on though and I hope that everything starts getting better for you soon! You definitely don't deserve to be that sick! I'm looking forward to seeing you around.

Closed Thread