TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SugaCube Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ren

Taking a break - January 15th 2018, 02:25 AM

Hey. I'm gonna be taking a break for a while, so I might as well explain why. Basically, I just don't seem to be getting the hang of it on this site. I have been trying to follow the rules with trigger warnings and the like, but I guess I'm not very good at it. Hence why I have not posted much at all (that, and who really cares what I think?) I dunno, it's hard to talk about your issues when there are so many people who are affected emotionally by them, and so they have to be censored. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a little frustrating trying to think of what to say and what not to say when you're already in a bad place. I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain this, since no one on here really knows or cares about me. But I figured, why not. Plus, I think this site brings out the depressed side of me, and I hate this impression I have on people. I am not a depressing person (depressed, yes, but I have a sense of humor that cannot be translated on here) so I don't like that this is all people know of me. Well... I guess that's it. I may be back, I may not be, but if anyone takes in interest in my account, you can PM me. I might come back to check, but I HIGHLY doubt I'll be posting anything on here for a while. Again, I don't think anyone actually cares whether I'm here or not, but whatever. And I already know this makes no sense.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Taking a break - January 15th 2018, 02:45 AM

I care if you're here. I just want to say that if you have ever had posts edited and aren't sure why you can always ask the moderator who edited it and I am sure they will be able to explain the rule. Or, if you think it was done unfairly, we have a disputes system you can use. They will review the action that was taken and if it was deemed unfair, they will reverse the action.

I do understand not wanting a certain side of you brought out though, but I bet there are plenty of people that still care about you on the site and would willing to be your friend.

Do take care, whatever you decide.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Taking a break - January 15th 2018, 02:53 AM

Hey,

I can understand the concern you might have. I think that it's common for people to struggle to know what needs a trigger warning because they might have different triggers than those around them. I tend to struggle a bit with trigger warnings because I don't tend to have a lot of triggers. As Dez said, if you are ever uncertain about why something was done you could contact the moderator or submit something to disputes.

That being said, if you feel it's best to leave the site than you should do so. I know there have been times when I have taken a step back from the site. That can actually be a good self care method and self care is quite important.

Lastly, I know we haven't talked much but if you ever want to chat you can PM. I also agree with Dez, there are probably a number of people on the site who care and would be willing to befriend you. I know I care.

Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Taking a break - January 15th 2018, 06:44 PM

We care about you and what you think!

It can be difficult trying to follow the rules, being aware of how others might be affected by things, worrying about how posting or being around the site brings out a 'depressed' side of you...all the while trying to figure out the best way to talk about things! That's a lot of worries.

People can definitely get affected by others, and in turn you may get affected by others, or feel that your humour can't be translated well. But that doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't, get the support that you are looking for. You can always try HelpLINK or Live Help where you don't have to worry about whether something is triggering or not.

If you feel it's best that you leave TeenHelp, then that's your decision and you are doing what's best for you. But you are always welcome to come back if you ever want to. Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I cant help, Im always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Taking a break - January 16th 2018, 10:43 PM

Have you tried either using Help Link or Live Help for advice?

I hope you're doing okay.

You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Taking a break - January 26th 2018, 10:07 PM

you only have a few posts and to be fair its not like i was used to this place when i only had the same number of posts. I don't think i knew how everything really was done and hadn't seen everything there was to enjoy from this place

I mean its up to you how much you come here in the future but im sure with more trying you will get better at it if you find it hard on here

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Taking a break - January 26th 2018, 10:43 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. It took me a while to get a hang of the site when I first signed up back in 2010. I had no idea what "trigger warnings" meant! It took a lot of trial and error, as well as warning notices from staff members, for me to really get the grasp of what is and isn't considered a trigger warning.

I see you haven't been on since making this thread, so please take care of yourself. TeenHelp will be here when you are ready to return.

Closed Thread