TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Arrivals and Departures (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-arrivals-departures/)
-   -   I'm Back! :) (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-arrivals-departures/t161001-im-back/)

Spicy_ December 25th 2020 09:50 PM

I'm Back! :)

Hey guys!

It's Rylan. It's been almost 5 years since I left TH so not sure who left remembers me. I held various volunteer roles back when I was last active (LHO, HL, Buddy, Newsletter editor and Forum Mod).

Back then I was in HS and starting my bachelor's in Early Childhood Education. I've since graduated with a bachelor's in Human Development and currently working towards my Masters of Social Work. I hope to get to meet/catch up with everyone again and hopefully rejoin staff in the future!

Rivière December 25th 2020 11:33 PM

Re: I'm Back! :)

Welcome back!

What made you switch to a different degree? Human Development sounds interesting. :)

Dawn. December 26th 2020 02:21 AM

Oh my goodness, welcome back Rylan! :)

I am so happy to see you back again!

Spicy_ December 26th 2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivière (Post 1359912)
Welcome back!

What made you switch to a different degree? Human Development sounds interesting. :)

I actually switched a lot during my bachelor's (education-business-human development). I chose to get into Social Work for my masters since I couldn't really find a graduate-level human development program and concepts are still very similar. I knew I wanted to help people, I just identified that I would like working with children in a supportive aspect!

Rivière December 26th 2020 11:00 AM

Sometimes you have to switch in order to find the subject you're interested in the most. :) I think what you're aiming to do will definitely benefit children!

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 26th 2020 11:08 AM

Hi Rylan and welcome back to Teenhelp:) It is lovely that you came back:) Thank you for sharing this with us and I hope you are doing well. :)

Ennui. December 26th 2020 11:15 PM

I remember you! Lovely to see you back!

How is the social work program? I was considering getting a dual degree in Public Health and Social Work, but I just stuck with public health instead. Maybe one day when I'm rich I'll get a doctorate in public health and a Master's in Social Work :nosweat:

DeletedAccount59 December 27th 2020 07:30 PM

Welcome back! If I remember correctly, you posted interesting threads to Current Events & Debates... feel free to start up again. :)

DeletedAccount53 December 27th 2020 08:33 PM

Welcome back! :)

Celyn December 28th 2020 11:43 AM

Welcome back, Rylan! It's lovely to see old members return!

Hope your Masters is going well too :)

Everglow. December 29th 2020 09:58 PM

I remember seeing you about I think! Welcome back, and good luck with your masters, it sounds like a very rewarding area to be studying towards. Hope to see you around the forums again soon! :)

Rob December 29th 2020 10:39 PM

Welcome back Rylan! :)

Mallika January 1st 2021 01:18 PM

Hello Rylan!

Happy to meet a veteran TeenHelper, and even happier to see you back here! I'm Mallika and I joined TeenHelp last Jan, a year ago. I'm currently finishing my undergrad degree and hoping to go to grad school later this year.

It's to hear about your various qualifications - hearty congrats!! I think it's lovely that you want to work in an area that enables you to help others :D

Looking forward to getting to know you through the site!

PestHit January 21st 2021 01:23 PM

Welcome back!