TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 09:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This is going to be a long introduction, but I have a lot to say. I have history. I'm sorry if some of you feel it's too long. I added a trigger warning just in case someone gets upset.

Before joining Teen Help recommended by my sister Wendi, I got settled in my new school last week, and love it. As most kids hate starting a new school, I was excited to go! Compared to my past living conditions, Monaco is paradise. But what means the most to me was being reunited with my sisters Wendi and her twin Julie!

My late mother, Anna, loved me. Unlike my twins, she treated me well. Mum had me schooled at home and because I was so good at English, she got me extra tuition. And this is why, I hope, I come across as articulate as her. I retained my late mother's surname because I loved her. I still do, despite my sisters having a different surname. That was their choice. What I don't understand was why Wendi was so badly abused by our mother, whereas I was adored. I have joined Teen Help to get answers. Also because I have PTSD and nightmares from my past.

It was bad luck mum had to leave home where we lived in Lucerne to go to Monaco on business. Tragically she died suddenly, leaving me at the cruel hands of my alcoholic father. Unable to take any more physical and verbal abuse I lashed out at him with a motorbike chain. Prior to that I'd packed my backpack ready to run away.

That night I was distraught from mum's death, frightened and very angry at my father, but glad to be gone. I lived on the streets for nearly 3 months during which I picked pockets for cash for food, and fought like crazy other homeless out for "a bit of tail". I slept rough. I went through hell. But on the streets were safer than living with a psycho father. But I was found and put in an orphanage because my father died from liver cancer. The Swiss authorities saw it best I went to this place. To the other orphanees it was known as The Hole.

A day off from The Hole was to become the turning point of my eventually meeting my sisters. I owe my new life to a kind man called Leonardo, a lawyer I met at a caff in Lucerne.

The lady I shared a table with rushed off for a taxi leaving her cigs and gold lighter. Well, there's nothing more enjoyable than a free smoke - and that got me into conversation with a well dressed man wearing a fedora at the opposite table. He didn't tell me off for smoking. That was refreshing. He was, like me, people watching. But he was observing me. After I told him I was searching for my two lost sisters and was incarcerated in an orphanage since my parents died, he offered to find them for me. For free. Nothing in life is for free, I said. So what's your real reason?

Leonardo had a daughter same age as me, but she died from cancer. So to give something back, he offered to find my sisters for not even a cent. I'm not a trusting person, but he gave me his card, we swapped phone numbers and his business address. Weeks later he found Wendi and Julie. And now I'm reunited with them.

I owe everything to that lawyer. He said "Work hard to become a professional. You'll be respected and you'll earn good money. Strangely enough, I'd been interested in law for a couple of years. So that's the job I'm studying for. And I'm still in contact with Leonardo, so he can help my progress in my chosen career.

I'm glad to be here. Wendi said Teen Help has good people. Ones who will help me. Thank you.

Tommy.

Last edited by Sprite-1; March 6th 2021 at 10:55 PM. Reason: one typo
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 09:59 PM

Hi Tommy! Welcome to the site, it's so good to see you've joined and I hope you can gain something valuable from being here.

It sounds like you've had a lot of ups and downs in life so far and I'm sorry to hear some of the horrible things you've had to go through. This site is full of amazing people who I'm sure can help support you through many things, so I hope you find them as great as I do! Feel free to reach out in the forums and use the other tools such as HelpLINK for support too. There are loads of options, and if you have any questions about any of them you're welcome to ask any time!

Welcome again! Hopefully we'll be seeing you around soon

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47 Points: 109,155, Level: 47

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 10:09 PM

Hello Tommy and welcome to Teenhelp It is wonderful that you have joined us Thank you so much for telling us about yourself and what you have been through. I hope you are doing well.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Hi Tommy! Welcome to the site, it's so good to see you've joined and I hope you can gain something valuable from being here.

It sounds like you've had a lot of ups and downs in life so far and I'm sorry to hear some of the horrible things you've had to go through. This site is full of amazing people who I'm sure can help support you through many things, so I hope you find them as great as I do! Feel free to reach out in the forums and use the other tools such as HelpLINK for support too. There are loads of options, and if you have any questions about any of them you're welcome to ask any time!

Welcome again! Hopefully we'll be seeing you around soon

Thank you lots for your welcome. I look forward to finding answers to many questions I have about my late mother, also guidance for PTSD caused by emotional abuse from my father, and the nightmares from The Hole and what my father did, and the homelessness.

I'm very glad and grateful being here. I know these Capcha pictures are hard, but I hope they won't be like, forever.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 10:20 PM

Hello and welcome to TeenHelp!

You've certainly been through a lot by the sounds of it. I hope that this site and its resources will be of help to you. I'm sure you will find at least some of the answers you're looking for, and make a few friends along the way.

If you need anything, feel free to message me!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
Hello and welcome to TeenHelp!

You've certainly been through a lot by the sounds of it. I hope that this site and its resources will be of help to you. I'm sure you will find at least some of the answers you're looking for, and make a few friends along the way.

If you need anything, feel free to message me!

Thank you Riviere, I will PM you once I get settled in. Oh - that HelpLINK site you sent, I filled in with something and clicked Submit, but it didn't go because it wasn't Verified.

I couldn't see anything to Verify. No Capcha, no nothing. So maybe its a site glitch? I don't know.

But thank you for your welcome.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 6th 2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello Tommy and welcome to Teenhelp It is wonderful that you have joined us Thank you so much for telling us about yourself and what you have been through. I hope you are doing well.

Sorry I only just saw your welcome. Thank you for it. I love your avatar.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 05:07 AM

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to TeenHelp! I've heard a lot about you through your sisters.

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your rough past. It must've been very difficult given your young age. It is very fortunate that you met good people and ultimately reunited with your sisters.

Having been through a lot, it's natural to experience PTSD. You're more than welcome to PM me if you'd like to chat. Are you seeking any professional therapy? That's very important for your mental health.

Looking forward to hearing from you

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 08:15 AM

Hi there Tommy and welcome to Teenhelp!

I'm sorry to hear what you have been through. If you ever need anything, feel free to message me.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallika View Post
Hi Tommy,

Welcome to TeenHelp! I've heard a lot about you through your sisters.

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your rough past. It must've been very difficult given your young age. It is very fortunate that you met good people and ultimately reunited with your sisters.

Having been through a lot, it's natural to experience PTSD. You're more than welcome to PM me if you'd like to chat. Are you seeking any professional therapy? That's very important for your mental health.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi Mallika!

Thank you for welcoming me.

Though I've had a rough life, it's in the past so I'm not wanting a pity party, but I appreciate your concern like everyone who have posted here.

On my arrival to Monaco I was introduced to a woman who was acting my sisters' foster mum. She and I did not get on. She smoked in our presence. Julie who has severe asmtha, suffered from the smoke. When I asked this woman to go outside for Julie's sake, I was told to mind my own effing business. She also drank a lot. We all enjoy a glass of wine with our meals, but she went through a whole bottle or a bunch of cocktails. She got smashed. And, smoked pot.

That made me angry, also worried since having an alcoholic father and what he was like. I threw her cigs outside and then, she made the mistake of smacking me and hard. She also punched me.

Violence is a trigger because of my father.

Wendi pulled us apart, but it was too late because I hurt the woman. There was no way I was going to let her smack me ever. Memories of my father were enough.

The woman left after we had a yacht vacation. She was a well known model - no names - and she returned to Paris.

Though I got angry and fought, I don't harbour anger. I mean, I don't have tantrums or feel anger and grudge. I fight to preserve myself, protect Julie. After my fight I went to my bedroom and cried.

My sisters came and hugged me. That was the first time I let anyone see me cry, except for a boy I looked after when he was bullied at The Hole.

So to answer your question, "will I seek professional therapy?" Yes! I've been seeing a nice woman who is giving me guidance. It was arranged by Wendi. It's ongoing. I expect this therapy to continue for a long time.

Living in Monaco is a far different experience than anywhere else in the world. Huge yachts, expensive everything but Monaco is a tax haven, so no income tax, no taxes except VAT. But wealth means nothing to me (although some things like beautiful pens and nice clothes please me), what means the most, to me, is Family.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
Hi there Tommy and welcome to Teenhelp!

I'm sorry to hear what you have been through. If you ever need anything, feel free to message me.

Thank you for welcoming me!

I feel very wanted here. Never been in a forum before. Everyone here is friendly, caring, helpful. I am very grateful to all of you!
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 03:14 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp, Tommy! Sorry to hear all that you have been through but hope you find the support you are looking for here

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Welcome to TeenHelp, Tommy! Sorry to hear all that you have been through but hope you find the support you are looking for here

Thanks Celyn for your help earlier, but I haven't read your next pm because Julie is going to hospital tonight, soon!

She went lethargic. Wendi checked her blood pressure. It's low so she called the doctor. Doctor is admitting Julie to hospital.

I'm so tired. May not be here tomorrow. but please everyone pray for my sister Julie. Thank you all.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 7th 2021, 10:00 PM

Hoping your sister is feeling better very soon, Tommy! Take as long as you need. I hope it's a speedy recovery and nothing too serious.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Hello I'm Tommy! - March 8th 2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Hoping your sister is feeling better very soon, Tommy! Take as long as you need. I hope it's a speedy recovery and nothing too serious.
I've been told Julie is under observation in the hospital, and the doctors are determining what to do. She has been on a diuretic (unknown to me until this morning) which is used because she's had a heart problem for some time.

Why didn't my sisters tell me? I'm no doc, but at least I should have been told! All I been doing is crying, worrying and then they tell me! It's not as if I'm a stranger.

OK, my sisters have our secrets, but not being told?

I think my introduction post is going off topic, so next time I'll post in General, or Friends & Family. Think that would be best.

By the way I'm schooling at home for the time Julie's in hosp, and I like it better. Means I can work faster and not wear masks, socially distant and all that stuff that comes with corona and schooling.

Thank you Hollie and everyone.

Tommy.
Closed Thread