TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marie1971 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marie

Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 01:03 AM

Hi there,

I am brand spankin' new here, and have already made my first gaffe - instead of properly introducing myself in this forum, I plunged right in and started a thread on the eating disorder forum! My bad.

Well, anyway....my reason for joining the forum was to make myself available to young women struggling with eating disorders. I am a volunteer online and real-life Christian counselor, and overcame a 2-decade battle with bulimia myself before turning my attention to others. I wrote a book last year (not yet published) entitled "Redeemed from the Pit" and have a blog of the same name. I use the site to share info - both spiritual and "practical" - with readers. I believe in the Bible as the Word of God and so I appeal to it as the ultimate authority in my counseling.

One thing I have found over the past several years of my research and counselling is that EDs are as common among evangelical Christian women as they are among the general population. However, addictions are still sort of a "taboo" topic in most churches, and it's something people sweep under the rug...as if "spiritual people" don't struggle with them. Not true, obviously; and it adds to the shame and loneliness.

Anyway, eventually I would like to link to some of the articles I've written and my blog. In the meantime, I'm available if anyone is seeking Christian counsel.

Thanks and happy to "meet" you all!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Marie1971 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 01:09 AM

Welcome!.

it sounds like you're going to be able to add a lot to the forums, in particular the ED forum, so that's awesome!

the site is pretty straight forward but if you do have any questions feel free to message me. you can do this via my profile by clicking on my avatar.

anyway.. i hope you enjoy the site and i look forward to seeing you around

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FeistyMidget Offline
~Formerly HappyLooksGoodOnYou~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 01:13 AM

Hello and Welcome to TeenHelp, Marie1971! I hope you have a great time here. It's great that you're already getting involved and starting threads. Make sure you check this and this out, too. I'm sure they'll be of help to you.

Again, welcome to TeenHelp! And I really admire your courage and your strength! PM or VM me if you have any questions in the future.
  Send a message via AIM to FeistyMidget Send a message via MSN to FeistyMidget Send a message via Yahoo to FeistyMidget Send a message via Skype™ to FeistyMidget 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefaithlove Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 01:13 AM

Hey Marie! My name is Kacie and I am a Buddy here. I just wanted to welcome you to the site and let you know that if you have any questions about the site or anything, please let me know! Here are some links you should check out that might help you out! It seems like you know how to manuever the site though.( http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-ar...dvice-support/ and http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-ar...ow-use-forums/) You can contact any of the other buddies who have a green username.

Everyone is very friendly and supportive here. I think it is really awesome that you want to help! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!! I look forward to seeing your posts!

There is always hope. PM me anytime.
SH Free since 10.20.08

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 01:38 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp! Its great to see so many people reaching out to help todays teens!

Pm me anytime.
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 03:20 AM

Hello and welcome to TeenHelp. My name is Chloe and I am a Christian too.

Feel free to PM me anytime! Hope you enjoy your stay!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 04:44 PM

I'm Angelina, and I'm another buddy here along with Meaghan and Kacie.
It's so good to see people reaching out to help teens, such a great thing your doing.
I'm Christian as well

I hope you find your way around here rather quickly, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me and i would be more then happy to help you out.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Hello and intro - December 31st 2009, 11:50 PM

Hi again Marie!
I already welcomed you on your profile but I figured I stop by and welcome you again. So welcome to TeenHelp! Don't worry about posting in the ED forum first, it really doesn't matter! We are just glad you started posting! That's great you are willing to take time to help others get through something you have recovered from. Everyone will be very appreciative. Feel free to check out the chat room. There is a Support and Advice room where you can help out or you can just hang out in the chat lobby. Let me know if you need anything.
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread