TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
playpretend Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elliotte

Semi-Sorta New - February 25th 2009, 11:17 PM

So I was encouraged to come here by a Buddy of the site, so I figured why not up and write an introduction? :]

I was around earlier and mid-2008 but things grew to be insane come the new school year (college applications etc.) and I ended up falling off pretty much completely. Have felt compelled to re-join the site for a while now, been "stalking" its pages as a non-member, and finally decided there was a reason for the pull and re-signed up.

Not really sure what there is to say about me. My name is Elliotte, though it's quite a spelling and most people end up referring to me as either Ellie or Evie, neither of which I prefer over the other. I'm seventeen-years-old and live in California, where I'm finishing up my senior year.

I'm better at these things if I allow for questions, so feel free to ask me what you like and I will answer it best I can.

Looking forward to getting to know you,
Elliotte

If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is a law, and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.
ℑDan Millman

(#2 (permalink)) Old
almostinvisible Offline
Dreaming
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erica

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 25th 2009, 11:27 PM

Hey Elliotte,
Welcome back to TeenHelp! I really like your signature. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

You're everything I know that makes me believe
I'm not alone
You're in everyone I see
So tell me
Do you see me?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FastForward2012 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 25th 2009, 11:55 PM

Hey Elliotte. I'm Gina
It's good to have you back.
Er, its good to have you here as a non-stalker. lol
How's the weather in Cali?

To Write Love On Her Arms<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 25th 2009, 11:57 PM

Hey Elliotte! Welcome back to TH! I'm Brittney.
If you need anything, feel free to PM me or any other staff member.
See you around! :]

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Drey Offline
what..ever
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Drey

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 02:17 AM

Hey there! Welcome to TH! I hope you enjoy the site, or continue to enjoy the site as the case may be, now that you're a member again.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
playpretend Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 03:52 AM

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone. It's nice to meet you all. :]

Quote:
How's the weather in Cali?
The weather's been rather up and down, really. We had a couple weeks the sun was blazing and it was, in my opinion, rather too hot. Then it turned a complete 180 and we had cloudy days, stormy nights (a couple big big storms thrown in), and rain off and on. I quite love it if even it's been messing with my mood.

- Elliotte

If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is a law, and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.
ℑDan Millman

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 03:55 AM

Hi Elliotte (I really love your name! I've never seen it spelled that way before.)
My name is Nat.
I'm glad you decided to rejoin. It's good to know that you still find TH useful, even when you were 'stalking' the pages We're always around no matter what!
If you have any questions about the site or want to chat sometime, let me know!
Nat
(PS: I wish I was in Cali...even with the up and down weather!)

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 04:27 AM

welcome, semi New Ellie

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 05:06 AM

Hey Ellie (I love your name btw, spelling and all )
Welcome to TH! Glad to have you here with us.
See you around, let me know if there's anything I can do.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 01:43 PM

Hai Ellie, I'm Ellie Although I'm really Ellie, I haven't got a super-cute-pretty name that I've shortened. Elliotte even looks pretty! Anywho, if you're semi-sorta new I semi-sorta welcome you [back] to TH! It's good to have you here :]

As for questions! - What sort of music are you into? How do you spend your free time? I love question games like that so I could go on all day If you fancy a full on question game, or if you have any questions of your own regarding the site or other feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help out!

I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you some more soon :]

(#11 (permalink)) Old
playpretend Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 09:46 PM

I forgot how nice of a community we have here... Nice to meet you all.

And hello to a fellow Ellie! I actually remember you from before. Happy to see someone has questions for me and I'll probably end up dropping you a line, too. It can take me a while to get into question mode myself but I love answering questions and it's always a pleasure getting to know someone new.

Quote:
What sort of music are you into?
Music, well, let's see... I'm not a big music person (I can't answer trivia, don't know many popular songs/artists, and can't remember most song titles/artists to save my life). No preferences, really, though I'm not hugely fond of rap. I grew up on country and classic rock, though a lot of my childhood was spent listening to classical, as well. I don't have a favourite band - however, I do have a favourite song: Runaway Train by Soul Asylum; it's been my favourite song since I heard it first at fourteen - and I tend to go through phases, my most recent being Mariana's Trench which followed Mayday Parade. At the moment, my guilty pleasure song would have to be Hot 'N' Cold for relationship-related reasons, though it stopped me from moping to Funeral Song so I'm letting go of the fact I'm not a huge Katy Perry fan.

How about yourself?

Quote:
How do you spend your free time?
Hurr. To be honest with you, I spend most of my free time chatting away at the computer - I can spend hours doing nothing but. I also spend a lot of time reading, though, and used to spend a lot of it writing, as well, although due to how I've been feeling physically and emotionally, my writing "career" has been put on hold. Not to mention my Spanish course (online) has become more of a Spanish writing course, and that's in addition to an extensive English course I'm taking at the community college, so... Not so much free writing going on there.

When it comes to the oudoors, I like to walk (I have a special trail near our home) and I adore going to the beach (I could spend hours curled up napping in the sand). Swimming is something I'm hoping to get back into, actually, which is a big step for me (I'm stealing a brag moment). For one, it means working through the feelings of being so ashamed of my scars that I let them stop me from doing what I love to do. For another, it means continuing on the path to recovering from five years of SH and not relapsing back into it.

And you?

Should I be returning/answering these questions here, or should I be taking it to PMs.

ℑDan Millman

(#12 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 10:17 PM

Hey Elliotte
Welcome (back) to TeenHelp, I'm Mia!
I hope you like it here.
If you need anything, give me a shout
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
diamondstar813 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mary

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 26th 2009, 10:23 PM

Hey Elliotte, Welcome back to TeenHelp! I like your signature too and also If you have any questions, feel free to ask or pm me

LIVE AND LEARN <3

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 27th 2009, 10:58 AM

Hey Elliotte, I know loads of people have beaten me to it, but I love the spelling of your name ^_^
I'm Janos, pleased to meet you ^_^ And its okay, its still an introduction, so you can, but if you want to move the conversation onto VMs/PMs, thats totally okay =)

First of all, welcome back to the site.
I guess everyone else has already filled you in on the essentials, but I thought I'd pop in too. You sound like a really cool person, and I'm glad you've decided to rejoin, our community can always use more people like yourself ^^ . Wow..a beach, hehe, I'm a complete city boy, born and raised in Glasgow, the beach to me is always this mythical place apart from the occasional trip where I wasn't really allowed to relax due to the presence of siblings, lol. I really envy you =P
Hehe, anyways, if you've got any questions about anything or just want to chat, feel free to message me.
Other than that, I'll see you around! =)

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Megz Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Megan

Re: Semi-Sorta New - February 28th 2009, 02:42 AM

Hello there, I hope your collage applications go well. Im glad im not you. :P

LIVE FOR THE MUSIC
!!

Closed Thread