TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 10th 2012, 04:15 AM

Part 1 & Part 2

Quote:
The perfumed air was heavy on her lungs, causing Celeste to cough violently. She watched nervously as Draco left the room, leaving her alone with Professor Trelawney. The eccentric woman beckoned Celeste and she obediently followed, taking a seat near the wall where the only sunlight fell into the classroom in ribbons. Celeste beamed happily until she realized she was left alone with a woman with worse hair than Auntie Bella's. Her smile dissipated as Professor Trelawney came up to her, scrutinizing her as she would observe the changes in a crystal ball.

"You have a gift, don't you, little one?" she said at last.

Celeste jumped in her seat, startled to the bone. "What do you speak of, Professor?" she said, her voice shaky.

She took a seat in the chair across from Celeste and adjusted her spectacles. "I'm almost certain you have a gift," she spoke, as if to herself. "A gift or a curse, that is the question."

"That's not even a question-" Celeste began, before understanding the truth in her words. She fell silent and let her mind shut off, her eyes growing ever more distant and cloudy.

Professor Trelawney grasped Celeste's small hands in her own, searching for a sign in her eyes. "What do your see, child?"

"Why, I see everything. Don't you?"

There was an awkward pause before she released Celeste's hands and sat back in her seat slightly. Her brow furrowed in confusion as to exactly how she was to process these words.

"I see and hear everything, Professor." Celeste continued to mumble, dreamily. "I can feel its presence. I don't know what it means. No one does."

With a second thought, she added, "Draco does his best to understand. He's the only one to believe me. Oh, he is good to me."

Professor Trelawney saw the slightest hint of a sparkle in her eyes as she spoke of her brother. She nodded, and adjusted the rows of gold bracelets adorning her wrists before picking up the crystal ball that sat before them. She rolled it around in her hands before lifting it up to her eyes to focus.

"I see-" she began, before she was abruptly interrupted by the table shaking uneasily after being met with Celeste's knee.

"I do apologize Professor, but I place no faith in divination. At least not from this century," Celeste said as she smiled sweetly at the disoriented professor.

Making her way out of the dusty room, she climbed back down the ladder to find Draco in a spat with Sir Cadogan over his messy hair. Celeste threw her arms around Draco's neck, relieved to be free of the woman's company and to see him waiting for her.
They walked back down the Astronomy Tower in silence. Professor Trelawney was a nutcase- she didn't understand what Celeste had meant when she mentioned her affinity. She exhaled a slight sigh, one that comes from disappointment in being misunderstood.

Once the halls had cleared of some stragglers and they found themselves alone, Celeste grabbed Draco's hand and stopped him in the middle of his tracks. He looked back at her with surprise.

"Draco," Celeste began, uneasily, "Do you believe that certain people can possess gifts? Not like Professor Trelawney claims to, but the sort you read about in old stories."

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 13th 2012, 02:01 AM

Oooh, this is awesome!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 13th 2012, 11:18 AM

Awesome, I love Harry Potter so seeing a story come from another view is refreshing. Keep writing

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
For your sake, I'll be okay.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brenna

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 13th 2012, 12:07 PM

where is the rest of it? I want more
but on a side note this is amazingly intriguing

“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.”

Dont be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone..

“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.”

~Brenna

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 14th 2012, 10:27 PM

"Gifts? You mean being an actual seer instead of that old nutcase Dumbledore hired? I don't put much faith in superstition, even beyond the realm of Dumbledore's erratic hirings."

Celeste hung her a head a little, clearly disappointed.

"I'm not saying that it's untrue," Draco continued hastily. "I just have to see something to believe it."

Draco breathed in the rich, distilled air of the Great Hall, looking at the flickering candles as they slowly died away.

"Why are you so curious about it?" Draco asked casually.

Celeste rested her head on Draco's shoulder and gave a mystical smile.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 19th 2012, 01:15 AM

Celeste smiled. Her brother was so kind hearted although he hardly cared to admit it. There was much more to him than people understood, especially those Gryffindors who she saw him talking to in between meals. No, he would not show them.

"I was just curious," she responded dreamily, letting go of his hand. "It just seems as though there is much more out there than we know of."

Back in the Common Room, Celeste had settled herself onto the black leather sofa in front of the fireplace which was dancing away happily, playing shadows onto the walls. Sea turtles passed by the windows, dragging their fins across the surface of the glass almost as if to wave.

Pansy walked down from the girl's dormitories and placed herself on the armchair facing the boy's. Celeste continued to observe the scene, following the turtles with her eyes as they passed from window to window. Pansy peered at Celeste from above the mirror she held in her hand, fixing the stray hairs so they would sit perfectly flat against her head. She coughed and shifted around in her seat trying to catch Celeste's attention, but it was focused elsewhere, somewhere within the depths of the Great Lake.

"Hey, when is Draco coming down to go to dinner?"

Celeste turned to look at Pansy, who was still checking her reflection in the mirror, meticulously fixing her hair.
"Why do you ask?" Celeste asked, "Do you plan on sitting with us?"

Pansy's mouth dropped open in surprise. "Us?"

Celeste frowned. This girl was not very smart. "Draco and I were planning on going down to dinner together. Will you be joining us?"

"What?" Pansy asked again, her growing irritation showing as clear as day in her voice. "Don't you have your friends to sit with? Anyway, I'm not sure if Draco wants to be hanging around a twelve year old all day."

Last edited by Angel; December 19th 2012 at 07:59 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 20th 2012, 04:18 AM

Draco moved slowly on the stairs to the common room, twirling his wand in a rather bored fashion, causing it to create waves of electric blue smoke. When he entered the common room, he walked over to his sister, who was look airily at the shadows flickering on the walls, clearly making her own story behind the shapes.

As Draco was about to speak, Pansy quite literally jumped into his path, shining a broad and inane smile. "Would you like to get dinner with me?" she asked.

"Why?" Draco asked, unable to stop himself, though he hadn't intended to sound quite so rude.

Pansy's smile dropped a bit. "I just thought it would be nice to have a meal together, since I haven't seen as much of you lately."

Celeste popped up from her chair with a cheery smile. "Draco, are you ready to get some food?" She gave Pansy a paltry smile. "She can come with us... If she wants."

Pansy didn't reply, but rather slinked off back to her chair. Celeste leaned up against Draco and kissed him on the cheek, her cheery smile still in place. "Shall we?" she asked, extending her hand.

Draco raised his eyebrow slightly, but took her hand and walked out the door with her, leaving a fuming Pansy behind.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 21st 2012, 05:51 AM

Looking back over her shoulder, Celeste caught one last glimpse of a very red and very livid Pansy who was completely beside herself. Celeste smiled to herself. This was very pleasing to see.

Once they had stepped outside and were out of reach of any instructive ears, Celeste turned to Draco with curious eyes.
"Draco, what does Pansy want from you?"

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 21st 2012, 06:03 AM

Draco raised an eyebrow and hesitated. "She wants to snog with me," he said awkwardly, blushing a brilliant shade of red.

"Snogging? She seems to want a bit more than that," Celeste said sweetly.

Draco paused again, wondering what, if anything, he should say. "Yes, she wants a bit more than that. But I hold myself to... a higher standard. I wouldn't be caught getting involved with someone who has such a lack of elegance."

"So you'd want a lady more like me? I can be... elegant," she cooed, her eyes sparkling. She pecked Draco on the cheek. "You don't always know what's best for me. Sometimes it's the other way around."

"And what do you think is best for me?" Draco asked slowly.

Celeste propped open a side door to an empty classroom. "I am."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 21st 2012, 06:36 AM

Before Draco had time to react, Celeste had led him by the hand into the empty potions classroom and nudged the door shut behind them.

The classroom was dark- the lights were extinguished hours before their arrival, and so the perpetual chill that permeated the dungeons bit through the well-worn sweater Celeste had inherited from her brother. She shivered, inching closer to Draco. She felt the blood rush to her cheeks and looked downwards in embarrassment, clutching her chest and willing her heart to still. The air between them felt warm and heavy.

She let out a small gasp as Draco's hands reached out to cup her face, bringing her eyes upward to meet his, their faces mere inches apart. The same grey eyes she had known for years were unchanged.

"Am I more to your liking, Draco?"

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 21st 2012, 06:41 AM

Wait, I'm confused, weren't they brother and sister? And if so, wouldn't Draco not try and affiliate himself with incest?

Also, is anyone allowed to jump in and write a few lines?

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 22nd 2012, 01:40 AM

Draco didn't answer, paralyzed by his own inhibitions.

Celeste crept up onto her toes to reach Draco's face, and gave him a kiss. Not a peck on the cheek like she had done so many times before, but an engaging, intimate kiss that belayed her naive youth. Unable to contain himself, Draco returned the vigorous gesture.

As Celeste slowly pulled away, Draco reached out and stroked her silky hair. There was something perfect about her that he couldn't possibly name.

Celeste regained some of her composure after a long pause. "You didn't answer my question," she said, her innocent smile returning. "Am I to your liking?"

Draco put his hands around her waist and drew her close once again. "Yes."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 22nd 2012, 04:07 AM

I am completely sucked into this story! I constantly wait for new parts to it! please write more, guys!

“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.”

Dont be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone..

“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.”

~Brenna

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 22nd 2012, 03:23 PM

I'm so glad you're enjoying the story, Brenna!

Jay, the roleplay is open for anyone to join who can make the commitment. We just ask that you post a bit about the character you're using like in these examples in your first post.

-------

There was a fire in her breast that was itching to be let out. Celeste pressed her lips to Draco's without a moment of hesitation. His lips gradually softened until he kissed back; gently at first, and soon the kiss deepened as he found himself grounded in his shoes once more. With that kiss, something clicked in her head.

Celeste broke the kiss slowly, reluctantly. She brought her hand up to her face- her lips felt hot where they had touched his. Reaching up to Draco's face, she drew her finger over the soft outline of his lips and a smile broke over her face.
He was hers after all.

After a quiet dinner without Pansy breathing down their necks for once, they sat in front of the fireplace in the common room. Celeste held a white mouse in her lap, letting it explore her lap. She poked the mouse with her wand once, and in a flash of blue light, a silver snuffbox took its place.

"Look at the pretty snuffbox I've made!" she exclaimed, holding it out for Draco to examine.

Blaise Zabini walked into the common room holding a letter in his hand.
"Draco, this came for you."

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 22nd 2012, 03:30 PM

Awesome I know, I should be Fred or George Weasely? Since they are the funner characters and love practical jokes I'll be working on it quickly on my end before I begin though

Jay.

Last edited by Validity; December 22nd 2012 at 03:38 PM.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 23rd 2012, 09:50 AM

Fred dies in the story Jay Be George!

~Brenna

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 23rd 2012, 10:06 AM

I know, I was trying to figure it out and then it clicked afterwards so yeah, I'm George Hehehe, George is the better looking one ever jokes.

Jay.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 23rd 2012, 11:46 PM

This is great.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 12:55 AM

I went to the link for the characters, but saw that it was closed...O_o

~Brenna

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 02:34 AM

Draco unfolded the letter slowly and tilted it towards the warm glow of the firelight.

Time is running out. If you can't do your job, you will be dismissed of your duties. Failure does not bode well for any of us.

You have thirty days.

~B.L.

Draco looked up. Aside from Celeste's intense gaze, no one else was paying the slightest attention to him. He slid the letter quietly into the dying fire, where the parchment curled up and shriveled slowly into ash.

"What is it?" Celeste asked, her tone more serious than usual.

"Not now." he hissed. "I just need some time to think."

Celeste leaned back in her chair and sighed.

-----

As he crept through the darkened corridors of the castle, Draco felt a chill come about him, rising in his chest. He set out with no real destination, but eventually found himself at the Prefects' bathroom on the fifth floor. Being late at night, the bathroom was empty, but the candles were all lit.

Draco started the taps, and placed his effects on a marble counter area while he waited for the vast tub to fill, which it did with surprising speed.

The water was hot. Not unbearably hot, but rather a deep, soothing warmth that immediately sunk into Draco's entire body as he immersed himself in the water and away from the cold stone floor of the bathroom. He closed his eyes and slouched down into the water, his mind slipping into deep thought.

He had nearly forgotten his task, so delicately laid out before him by the Dark Lord himself. He knew that he had lost his focus, and Draco felt a rush of fear and shame run through him, giving him a chill even in the warm and bubbling water. There were unpleasant consequences to be had if he failed, and even more dire consequences if it were to be known that he had all but abandoned his task in favor of frivolous adolescent adventures.

"Draco?"

Draco jolted as Celeste's sweet voice echoed through the hollowed room, reverberating off the stone walls.

"How did you get in here?" Draco asked incredulously. "Only Prefects know the password."

"The Bloody Barron was kind enough to tell me. Don't think he really cares who comes in and out of here."

Draco gave a noncommittal "Hmm" and rested his head back against the edge of the giant tub.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Celeste asked.

Before he could answer, Celeste shed her robes, slid into the water and waded over to Draco.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Last edited by Heretic; December 24th 2012 at 04:48 AM.
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 03:22 AM

ahhh you guys are making my head explode! Cliff hangerssssssah! lol, i know it's only there to annoy me and make me want to read more but.... please keeep posting!!!

~Brenna

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 06:37 AM

Celeste's robes slipped easily off her small frame and landed on the stone tiles soundlessly. She stepped into the lovely waters, savouring the warmth that washed over her, and made her way to Draco. Unaware of the pair of eyes that followed her, Celeste settled down next to Draco. She lifted her hands to slick her hair back but caught sight of the mark that ran down her left forearm, quickly retracting her arm back into the water.

Celeste took Draco's hand under the water and turned to him with sparkling eyes.

"Draco, we're going home for Christmas, aren't we?" she asked. "Oh, I do miss the manor. We'll get to see Mummy and write to Poppa and..." her voice trailed off, and the smile wore off her face.

From the look on Draco's face, she could tell it would not be that easy. There was a lot she did not know and could not ask.

Letting go of his hand, Celeste settled back into the water and rested her head against his chest which rose and fell in a perfect rhythm.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 07:04 AM

"Were it so easy," Draco said with a sigh, pulling Celeste closer.

"What's bothering you so much, Draco?"

Draco heaved a great sigh. "I won't burden you with my responsibilities. That would be unfair."

Celeste moved his hand onto her hip under the water. "I could take your mind off things for a little while."

"That would be rather foolish, considering that the entire reason he's so unhappy is that his mind has been off for so long."

Draco and Celeste both jumped, and Celeste clung to her brother. The Bloody Baron was floating lazily against the giant arched window, gazing down at them.

"Come now, don't you think that I wouldn't be even the slightest bit curious about the comings and goings of the most important student in the noble House of Slytherin? I daresay that if you've been given a task, it's best to do it. Even if the actions needed to complete the task are...." he drifted off and looked distastefully at Draco. ".... Unsavory."

"Isn't it a bit rude of you to be butting in on these things?" Celeste asked, having regained some sense of composure.

The Bloody Barron merely shrugged.

Celeste rolled her eyes and reached for her wand, which was tucked inside her robe next to the tub. Before the Barron could see what she was doing, she flicked it at him, and he when through the window as if he'd been hit by some great invisible train.

Celeste giggled softly to herself and put her wand back on top of her robes.

"Celeste?" Draco asked quietly. "How did you do that?"

"What do you mean? I just.... pushed him out of here. Not that hard."

"No, I mean, the spell. The Barron is a ghost, our spells go right through them."

Celeste moved back to her former position, nestled up against her brother. "Don't you remember when I asked you if you thought some people have gifts?"

"Vaguely."

"Well," Celeste said, "That wasn't one of 'our' spells."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 10:38 AM

Celeste stepped out of the tub, wrapping herself in a plush white towel that was twice her size. She sat by the edge of the tub, dangling her legs over the end.

"If it's not one of 'our' spells, what kind of magic is that?"

Celeste turned to Draco who remained surrounded by a parade of colourful bubbles and cocked her head to one side. "I don't know, Draco. It comes to me as easily as potions and Quidditch comes to you."

Draco lifted himself out of the tub and took the towel that Celeste offered him.

"Even so," he said, drying his hair, "I don't know of anyone who can perform such magic."

Celeste stepped off the edge of the tub, letting the towel drop to the floor. She slipped back into her robes.
"Maybe they'd be able to if they could hear the things I do."

---

They stepped out of the bathroom and into the chilly corridor.

"Go back to the dungeons now before someone catches you out of bed. I've got some things left to do."

Celeste complied without question, making her way back to the Slytherin Dungeon, changing into her pyjamas, and crawling into bed.
As she turned in bed for the final time before falling asleep, she thought, the Bloody Baron won't be much pleased in the morning.

---

The next morning, Celeste went down early to breakfast. She wanted enough time before class to head off to the Owlery to send off a letter home to Malfoy Manor. She walked into the Great Hall and settled into her spot at the Slytherin table before she noticed a piece of parchment sitting on her plate. Picking up the parchment, it read:
I saw you out last night.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 08:15 PM

Draco never returned to the Slytherin dungeon that night. Instead, he roamed the castle, dodging ghosts, teachers, and (at one strange moment) Harry Potter, hidden under an invisibility cloak but making quite a racket.

As he sat down, he looked up and down the long dining table. It was mostly empty; most of the students were still asleep, and light was barely beginning to sneak through the massive stained windows of the Great Hall. Celeste was sitting in her normal seat, absent-mindedly eating a slice of toast, with a tiny ball of parchment scrunched in her hand. She seemed utterly unaware of anyone or anything around her. Her gaze was alternating between her breakfast and an unremarkable section of wall set between two of the giant windows.

Draco sat down next to Celeste. Her entire body seemed relaxed, if not outright unhinged, except for the hand that was clutching the parchment, which was shaking violently. Despite her gaze being fixated on the wall, she didn't flinch or show any sign of surprise with Draco sneaking up next to her.

"What do you have?" Draco asked, trying to sound offhanded.

Celeste turned slowly to her brother. Her voice was even and smooth, her face calm and neutral. Only her hand showed any sign of distress. "You have your secrets," she said. "I have mine."

Draco creased his eyebrows. It was a fair argument, but he didn't like it.

Celeste gave him a sweet smile and stood up to leave. But as she pushed herself up from the table, the parchment slipped from her grasp, fell to the floor and unraveled. Draco caught a split-second glance at the parchment and immediately recognized the handwriting.

Celeste snatched the parchment up off for the floor and scurried away, but Draco didn't follow her. He knew better than to try.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 08:53 PM

Celeste stood up quickly and excused herself from the table. She nearly ran out of the Great Hall, her heart beating so hard she feared it may rupture through her chest. Pushing the doors open, she turned to go back to the dungeons but came face to face with Professor Snape.

"YOU!" she snapped, her voice no longer honey. She whipped her wand out and pointed it at Snape with a trembling hand. "Don't you dare go around thinking you can blackmail me. I've had enough!"

A wicked smile grew on Snape's face as he pushed away her hand and shoved her hard against the stone wall, pinning her by the shoulders at an arm's length.

"Do you think you can stop me, you foolish girl?" He whispered, his oily voice carrying through her ears like poison. He leaned in close to her ear, the smell of the sweet pomade in his hair penetrating her senses. "You can't hide behind your father's money and influence while you're here."

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 08:56 PM

Awesome writing, keep it up!

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 09:42 PM

Draco lingered in the Great Hall, eating slowly without much appetite. When he finally did leave, the Hall was filling up with students as the morning sun flooded through.

As he made his way back to the Slytherin dungeon, Draco saw Severus Snape standing against the wall. He avoided eye contact, but felt the cold, grey gaze of Snape follow him all the way through the hallway. There was something unsettling about it, but Draco knew better than to linger on it for too long.

Upon walking into the Slytherin common room, Celeste grabbed his arm and pulled him aside.

"We were seen!" Draco hissed to her.

"I know," Celeste said, looking down at the floor.

"We can't keep doing this."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Last edited by Heretic; December 24th 2012 at 09:57 PM.
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 24th 2012, 11:33 PM

Celeste laughed, her musical voice carrying through the room.

"Draco, you're well aware that we have more important matters to concern ourselves with."

Draco narrowed his eyes, following Celeste as she crossed the room.

"Yes, I'm aware. What are you referring to, exactly?" he asked, warily.

Celeste picked up her fur cloak that was draped over the arm of the couch and fixed it around her shoulders. She rolled up her sleeve to look down at the mark that branded her arm.

"They'll be here sooner than they say. We need to hurry." She quickly pulled down her sleeve and popped up the lynx hood that fell past her eyes. "Yaxley is waiting for us at the Hog's Head. Don't tell Crabbe or Goyle, we are to come alone."

Last edited by Angel; December 24th 2012 at 11:38 PM.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 25th 2012, 03:30 AM

With his great knowledge of the castle, Draco headed directly for the statue of the one-eyed witch that hid the shortcut to Hogsmeade.

It was only late fall, but upon exiting the chocolate shoppe's trap door in Hogsmeade, Draco looked out the window and saw that it was snowing fiercely. He pulled his cloak over his head and looked to Celeste; she was nearly buried in her own cloak, her eyes sparkling behind the shadow of her heavy fur coat and cap.

The Hog's Head was crowded and dim. There was a man shrouded in a black cloak sitting alone at a table in the corner, a single dying candle casting a long shadow towards Draco and Celeste.

Draco sat down uncomfortably across from the man, but Celeste, looking quite content, plopped down right next to him.

"Have a drink," Yaxley said in a low rumble.

"No thank you," Draco said uneasily.

"I wasn't asking. It would be rather suspicious for you to come in and not have a drink with whatever company you are with."

Celeste slipped out of view momentarily and came back with two butterbeers. Yaxley took a large swig from his enormous mug of foul-smelling liquid, winced and looked up to Draco.

"Bellatrix conveyed to you very specific instructions from the Dark Lord before you left for Hogwarts, did she not?" Yaxley asked in a monotone.

Draco shifted uncomfortably. "Yes."

"To be brief," Yaxley continued, "she is somewhat concerned that progress is not going as quickly as the Dark Lord had anticipated."

"I've been busy. Hogwarts can be quite demanding even without --"

"Enough!" Yaxley said, his tone less controlled. "We are running out of time. Now, since I believe that young Celeste here is more cunning than her age and attitude might belay, I believe she might be of some assistance. But it is still up to you, Draco, to complete your task. You can't talk your way out of this, and you can't expect your father to save you."

"And how am I to even match, let alone defeat, Albus Dumbledore?" Draco asked sharply. "The old man is a fool, but he's a strong fool."

"That is not my concern," Yaxley said idly. "If the Dark Lord believes you can do this, then I will not question it. The Dark Lord is seldom questioned, and proven wrong even less."

"And how is Celeste supposed to help me with this?" Draco asked incredulously.

Yaxley stood up and pulled his cloak over his shoulders and atop his head. "I already told you. She's cunning. Don't be so blinded by your own arrogance that you forget her uses." And with that, Yaxley swept out of the tavern and disappeared.

"We need to get back to the castle," Draco said quietly.

Celeste nodded, downed her butterbeer with alarming speed, and led the way towards the door. The pair hastily made their way back to the castle by way of the secret passageway, well aware that it was best not to be late for their classes.

As they climbed out from the passage behind the one-eyed witch, Severus Snape's voice hissed into their ears.

"That took you long enough. Now you know what needs do be done, I hope?"

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 25th 2012, 08:16 AM

What Draco, Yaxley and Celeste didn't know, however, but the Order had been watching. At a table, not too far and not too close either, sat the twins, Fred and George, both listening intently to what was said. Both were rather surprised, they didn't know how to react, they watched, one eye on the food before them, the other on the three leaving, Celeste and Draco seperate from Yaxley.
George had always had sneaking suspicions that Draco was involved in something deeper, something dark and twisted. Now, this added more questions than he could answer.
"Come on, brother" George said, getting to his feet. Fred whined.
"I didn't finish my meal!"
"Don't be foolish, come on" Fred and George snuck away, leaving the meals where they sat and headed to the order, telling them of what they had heard
. . .

Jay.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 25th 2012, 11:24 AM

Well done on your first bit Jay! I'm still so intrigued!

~Brenna

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 25th 2012, 05:31 PM

Good first post, Jay. Brenna, you can dive in any time you want once you come up with a character.

----

Draco looked up at Snape. His expression was detached, except for his lip, which was curled in a reproachful manner.

"I hope you now understand what needs to be done," Snape said cooly.

"Yessir," Draco said, looking down at the floor.

Snape turned to Celeste, and Draco could have sworn that he saw the faintest sign of softness flash across the professor's face. "I do believe that you can help your brother in this regard. And I also think that you know what you need to do."

Celeste nodded solemnly. Snape gave them one final curt nod and walked away.

Draco and Celeste made their way back towards the Slytherin dungeon, intent on gathering their books for classes. Along the way, they passed the Weasley twins, who gave them a very suspect glare.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 3 - December 25th 2012, 11:28 PM

Thanks Casey

~Brenna

Closed Thread