TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
roseegirl Offline
Wanderlust girl
Average Joe

Name: Ravioli

I believe - April 20th 2017, 07:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I believe saying goodbye is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. Everyone must say goodbye at some point in their life. It’s the pain I wish upon no one, yet, I believe its part of life. At the time, I thought “It’s over” could be one the hardest things you can say to someone you loved. Soon, I learned that it was not even close.

I remember sitting in my room as I was looking at picture of Alex and I. We looked happy. We didn’t want to be anywhere else but with each other. I wanted that back — the happiness. I just said those two simple words as he left for a trip: “It’s over.” My heart hurt because I hurt him. I wanted him back so I could say I was sorry. I locked myself in my room wanting the week over so I could fix everything. Slowly, the days turned to Friday. I sat in my room with my black headphones in my ears as I listened to a slow, sad song. I finally got the call from my best friend saying, “You need to get dressed, I am sitting outside, it’s an emergency”. I could remember my heart skipping a beat, and I could feel a pit in my stomach as if a boulder dropped to the bottom. I rushed out the door barely knowing what was going on. As I entered the car, we headed north; she told me Alex was in hospital.

Once she said those words, I could feel this pain in my heart; I couldn’t even respond to her. We pulled up to the hospital. I quickly jumped out of the car before it stopped. I took a deep breath and ran into the waiting room. As soon as I did, his family walked out the emergency room doors. They looked at me and said, “He’s gone,” . At that moment, my heart felt like it was ripping out of my body; I could see all my memories flooding back as if it was like a flipbooks of my past. The only thing that repeated in my mind was “It’s over.” I began to regret my words. I ended things on a bad note and never told him that I loved him. As we started his funeral, I was mad at myself for not saying goodbye.
Everyone kept telling me that if I put everything of his away, it would be closure. I tried, but it made everything harder. That’s when I realized saying goodbye was hard but not getting to say goodbye was even harder.

I believe not saying goodbye is the hardest thing. It creates this idea of regret that plays in back of your mind. You could have said something different the last time you saw him, could have told him you were sorry, or you could’ve told him you loved him. That day, I learned how a simple word could have the weight of the world, but even worse, I learned just how hard it is to say goodbye.

Last edited by roseegirl; April 20th 2017 at 07:41 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
old man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: I believe - April 20th 2017, 10:25 AM

Wow. I think this is a really well written paper! Well done!
Thanks for sharing

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Onism. Online
It was so easy.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I believe - April 20th 2017, 12:15 PM

You are super good at descriptions!

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song
You can't believe it
You were always singing along

Send a message via Yahoo to Onism. Send a message via Skype™ to Onism. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: I believe - April 20th 2017, 09:16 PM

I loved reading this. Such amazing work.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
roseegirl Offline
Wanderlust girl
Average Joe

Name: Ravioli

Re: I believe - April 21st 2017, 02:32 AM

Thanks guy! Thats very sweet of you guys!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Smultroställe. Offline
Faith can move mountains. ♡

Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi

Re: I believe - April 22nd 2017, 08:01 PM

I really enjoyed reading this and I like your use of descriptions.

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Demons Jim, demons.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I believe - April 24th 2017, 12:35 AM

I really liked the progression in this, how it starts out with the thought that saying goodbye is the hardest thing before exploring why that may not be true. Thank you for sharing, and I hope to see more of your work here soon.

it's a whisper turned a battle cry
we're still here 'cause we refuse to die

Closed Thread