TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Expression (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-self-expression/)
-   -   Triggering: Abstract Pastel drawing with artist's interpretation (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-self-expression/t152839-abstract-pastel-drawing-artists-interpretation/)

NeuroBeautiful August 31st 2017 11:26 PM

Abstract Pastel drawing with artist's interpretation

Click "here"

I am putting the trigger warning because if tye visual as well as the topic of the drawing and the interpretation is also a bit dark.

I think it is cool hearing other people's interpretations so I'm putting this in a separate section in case you want to think about it on your own before looking at the original thoughts and concepts

Interpretation:
there is a figure to the right, a young adult female with red limes over her face to show fragmented identity. She has green hair to show she tries to have a relationship with nature but only ends up connecting in superficial ways as she struggles to for anything deeper in a huge modern city.
She is sitting in this yellow type thing. That's her safety bubble/net. She outgrew it which is shown by her legs sticking out of it. There's also these holes on the bottom of the bubble thing to show how her safety had been violated and insecure. There's blue underneath which is an ocean and represents life itelf/ reality/a reflection of life experiences and in the water there's red for blood/pain/violence, there's pink for innocence and there's purple which represents identity.
There's also red infiltrating into the bubble which can also be seen as a boat so the boat has holes as well as bloody water coming in and flooding her sense of safety, comfort. Also the pain from reflecting the past too much is included in the water, not just the experiences as it happened but also the pain of reliving it aND having if haunt someone
Then there's a streak of red from the figure with a heart shape towards the left and that's just going with the loss of identity andthe pain of having it yanked out like that and also being blinded by pain so not knowing how to findthe pieces to put back together.

DeletedAccount69 September 1st 2017 12:15 AM

Re: Abstract Pastel drawing with artist's interpretation

I love abstract art! Thank you for sharing.

London_grace September 1st 2017 01:43 AM

I love it. The colors are amazing. Hugs.

Ennui. September 1st 2017 08:54 PM

Abstract art is awesome, and cool interpretation. :D

Concinnity September 1st 2017 11:59 PM

That's such an interesting style and interpretation!