TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: matthew windsor

Smile poetry and lyrics help alot - May 24th 2011, 12:28 AM

I have been writing poems and lyrics about how I feel for close to 7 years now and I find that when you write about how you feel it helps you deal with that pain almost every day I wrote a poem or song about how I feel wether it is pain sorrow joy anger even bordom and here is one I wrote today,
As sirens sound and dawn is breaking
I feel as if my life is is just waking
My dreams are lost my love is broken
My very core is lost and unspoken
But even though my path is missing
I awoke to a sun that burns with a crisping
I realised that my life was never breaking
But my head lead me into thinking I was faking
So hello new world I'm here for the taking
Take me as I am or leave me alone, but one thing I promise is that who I am will never change of that I am not ever mistaking.

I wrote it because I loved a girl so much that she was my world but at the same time I was just a robot for her to mess with and from all that I learnt to never doubt who I am again no matter what anyone says, so ill like to share more with the world so don't be shy if u wrote or heard a somg or poem that changed your life please post it on here let's see how amazing and diffrent every one is and let's help eachother through the rough times

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: poetry and lyrics help alot - May 25th 2011, 06:21 PM

I definitely agree with you about the power of literary self-expression. I only wish I actually had the time to sit down and write about a source of inspiration that's been fermenting in my mind for a while now...

Your poem flows very well, and is uplifting - so, thank you for sharing that. I'm glad that you were able to learn and grow from a bad experience.

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: poetry and lyrics help alot - May 26th 2011, 12:43 AM

I completely agree with you, poetry and lyrics really can, and DO help people with depression. I've used photography, blogging and poetry as a healthier outlet for my stress and emotion. I love reading the poetry people come up with on this site as well, because it helps to realize that there are people going through the same thing that you are. It's a beautiful thing. As for your writing, it's very good. Your rhyming scheme is excellent, and I can feel the emotion throughout. Kaisada is right, it flows very nicely together. And in my opinion, that's important for poetry aside from letting out your emotions healthily.

Send a message via AIM to Just Peachy. Send a message via MSN to Just Peachy.  
Closed Thread