TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Draco + Celeste - July 14th 2011, 11:27 PM

I'm hoping to do a HP themed roleplay. This is my very first so I'd like to learn from this experience. Any tips/pointers/constructive criticism is welcome on my posts. c:

With that being said, anyone who is interested is welcomed to join in! Please do not post if you will not be committed to it, since missing characters from a story is not nice, yes?

-Sylvie ♥

Characters:
1. Draco Malfoy - Devil
2. Celeste Malfoy- Angel
3. Oliver Wood- JustChris
4.Luna Lovegood-Nomophobia

We are missing some vital characters, such as
:
1. Slyther peeps

A list of the character's bios can be found here: (Please post in it when you enter the rp, thank you :3)
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-s...y-bios-thread/

-------

The Great Hall fell eerily silent as Celeste was called up to the Sorting Hat. Is that Celeste Malfoy? Draco Malfoy's sister? Celeste shot a look at Draco. What in the world has he been up to? She stepped up and took a good look around the hall. Everyone had their eyes on her and she could feel the unkind glares burn holes through her. Remember what father has said, she told herself, don't let anyone intimidate you. Swallowing her fear, she took a seat on the stool. She shut her eyes and gripped the seat as the Sorting Hat was placed on her head. "Another Malfoy, eh? Well this one's a bit a bit tricky..." Celeste looked up in panic as the thought of being sorted elsewhere but Slytherin creeped into her mind. "Nah I joke. SLYTHERIN@@@@"

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

Last edited by Angel; July 15th 2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Updating characters

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 14th 2011, 11:43 PM

Can I be Draco?

I really like this idea! I might think about joining. But I have no idea how to role play!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 12:59 AM

*grumble*

"Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have skipped lunch before training today." Oliver thought to himself.

Due to the fact that he'd just reached age, Oliver had been allowed to fly to Hogwarts on his own. Of course, due to his normal diligence he had also arrived a good 10 hours before the start of the sorting ceremony. He blamed it on his desire to scope out the state of the Quidditch pitch, but he couldn't hide the small doubt niggling in his belly,

'what do I do after school? Where do I go? How will I live?'

So he'd gotten in a few good hours of training using charmed Quaffles. Oliver may not have been the best wizard to charm a broom, but that was one charm he'd had Professor Flitwick tutor him in continuously, so he could always train. Even on his own.

As his stomach grumbled again, seemingly endlessly this time - he heard a name called over the roaring din if his grumbling digestive system. "Malfoy" called Professor McGonagall.

Oliver watched as the short little blonde pipsqueak, struggled her way up the dead silent hall. Oliver noticed her looking towards her brother, but Draco steadfastly kept his gaze deadpan, maybe even a bit derisive.

"Poor kid," thought Oliver. Trying to be the nice guy he gave her a small smile as her gaze met his.

As the girl sat on the stool and had the Sorting Hat placed on her little blonde head, Fred Weasley lent over and punched Oliver in the shoulder.

"Waddya reckon Woody? 5 sickle's she's a Slytherin?" laughed Fred,

"Not a chance Fred, you know there's no chance she won't be a Slytherin. Not with her blood." replied Oliver, slightly disturbed by the look in the girls eyes. But not being able to tell why.

The rest of the sorting passed in a blur. As did the feast. Oliver eventually got his first years all up to the common room, but they were far to excited to go to bed. But Oliver fell on his bed, and drifted off to a fitful sleep. His dreams haunted by the unbalanced look of the blonde Malfoy girl...

Last edited by EatenByAGrue; July 15th 2011 at 07:40 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 02:13 AM

Draco Malofy gazed haphazardly at the stout stool at the front of the Great Hall, between the Houses' banquet tables and the staff table, where the fabled yet shabby Sorting Hat sat, looking quite inanimate.

"Celeste Malfoy" announced the shrill, commanding voice of Professor McGonagall.

Draco shifted slightly, his focus sharpening as his sister trembled up to the stool, her nervous uncertainty betraying the fact that she was a pureblood Malfoy. While Draco ignored the murmurs and whispers around the hall, Celeste seemed all too aware of them, and turned a deeper shade of pale to nearly match her white-blonde hair.

The Sorting Hat needed little time to consider, although it did take longer than it had for Draco. After a mention of the familiarity of the Malfoys, the Hat professed, "Slytherin!"

Draco applauded with the rest of his House, but his sullen gaze fixated on his sister as she stumbled towards the table. She seemed far too nervous and out of place to fit in with the shrill confidence and pride of the Slytherin House. As he stared at his sister sitting down near the front of the table, Draco became aware of another pair of eyes that were fixated on Celeste. He looked across the hall at Oliver Wood, who seemed entranced by something quite inexplicable within Draco's sister. Draco's gaze flickered and then returned to the sorting hat, and he tried to put it out of his mind.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 02:52 AM

After the first years were herded back into their dormitories, Celeste went into her trunk and got out a new roll of parchment, a quill, an ink well, and a box of sugared butterfly wings. She scooped them up into a blanket and made her way awkwardly into the common room in hopes of catching up with her brother as he came in. She sat in front of the fireplace and dipped her quill into the ink.

Dear Father,

I am not certain if you will have found out from Draco, but I got sorted into Slytherin. They have been so welcoming to me. I cannot say the same for those in the other houses. Father, why is this happening? I'm afraid to ask Draco since I have no right to be asking about his personal affairs. They are quite scandalous, aren't they? I knew it all along, that sneaky little bugger.

Please send my regards to Mother and Auntie Bella! I miss you all already. I promise to be good and listen well to Draco. I wouldn't mind another box of fudge.

With all my love,

Celeste

She signed it with a flourish and dipped into her box of sweets. The commotion in the Common Room had dissipated and all that was left was herself and a calico cat.

"You're waiting for someone too, aren't you?" She spoke, looking directly at the cat. "Well, you probably will have better luck than me. It is likely that no one wants the other Malfoy here."

Last edited by Angel; July 15th 2011 at 01:29 PM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 03:07 AM

Draco didn't go directly to the Slytherin common room after the feast; instead, he redirected himself to Severus Snape's new office in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. He rapped on the door twice in quick succession.

The door swung open immediately, and the cold, indifferent eyes of Severus Snape gazed down on Draco.

"You're supposed to return to the common room, Draco," Snape said in a cool, drawn voice. He looked more tired than usual, and less than enthusiastic about seeing the elder Malfoy at this time.

"My apologies, sir. I just... I have something to ask of you, sir."

"Yes?" Snape's eyes narrowed slightly, and the upper inflection in his response was barely noticeable above the monotonous coolness that his voice continued to carry.

"Well, my sister, Celeste, was just placed in Slytherin. She seems rather unsure. I know you've always enjoyed having me as a student, and I'd ask that you show her some leniency."

Snape didn't even pause to consider. He gazed down at Draco and said, "I have no favoritism for you. You simply held a sufficient talent for the subjects that I taught you. Concordantly, your father and I have had dealings in the past; I'd prefer to avoid making Lucius angry or discontent. I will do what I can for her, but if she turns out to be as subtly arrogant as that Granger mudblood, she's on her own. Good night, Draco." The door slammed as quickly as it had opened, and Draco understood himself to be dismissed without condition.

--------------

Draco slid silently through the corridors until he arrived at the entrance to the Slytherin common room. He murmured the password, and stepped through into the cold and uninviting, yet wholly familiar House atrium. A calico cat was sitting near one of the lounge chairs, staring directly at Draco. Draco shifted uneasily, feeling as though the cat were somehow familiar, that he had seen it before... but where he had seen it, he did not know.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 03:23 AM

There were footsteps to be heard from the entrance of the Common Room. Celeste picked up her head and was immediately face to face with Draco.

"Oh, you decided to show!" Celeste cried, throwing her arms around his neck. Parchment and candied butterfly wings scattered over the floor. "I was worried for you, Draco. Mother would have my head mounted on a plate if anything had happened to you. So I suppose I was worried for me, too."

She let go of him and settled back into her spot by the fireplace. Without looking at him, she spoke. "You should be more careful. There are people here who don't seem to like us very much at all."

Last edited by Angel; July 15th 2011 at 01:28 PM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 04:36 AM

Draco embraced his sister with a warmness that few people would dare think of from a Malfoy, and then sat down in a chintz armchair across from his sister.

There was a significant pause before Draco addressed his sister. The light from the fireplace flickered around his smooth features, giving him an aged, mystic aura. Finally, he spoke.

"You and I are Malfoys, Celeste. We're purebloods; the only kind of wizard worth being. You shouldn't even take a moment to give a damn about the snide comments and ill-conceived notions of mudbloods, squibs and muggle-lovers. If someone has a problem with either of us, I'm sure they're free to take it up with our father."

Celeste didn't respond to this, but did nod in understanding. Draco pointed his wand at the piece of parchment held loosely in her hand.

"Accio"

Draco read the letter without objection from Celeste. He nodded in curt approval and gave it back to his sister. "Mother and father will be proud of you. Slytherin is the most noble and honorable of Hogwarts' houses. I'd dare say it's the only one worth being a part of. Remember that if one of these people you're so worried about tries to harass you."

Draco stood up to go to his dormitory. He began to walk towards the door, paused, and turned around. "Go to sleep, Celeste. You can hold off on sending that letter until tomorrow."

He climbed up the stairs and slipped into the boys' dormitory. At the end of a long row of beds was his own, with his trunk already resting at the foot of the bed.

"Lumos"

Draco scanned the room with more clarity. As he rounded the side of his bed, he nearly yelled out in surprise as the same Calico cat that had been in the common room was now sitting on his bed, staring straight at him.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 05:46 AM

The cat ran down the steps and wound its way around Celeste's legs. Celeste stifled a laugh. Her brother was not exactly the bravest, but she was there to compensate for that. She stroked the cat behind her ears. It was getting fairly late, she noted. Celeste made her way into the dorm and found her belongings at the foot of the bed. Still wearing her robes, she crawled under the covers and closed her exhausted eyes.

Shestruggled in bed to fall asleep. There were voices, and so many of them disturbed. She bolted up in bed and opened her eyes just to be met with the silence that accompanies the night. With her heart still racing, she laid back in bed awake and staring at the unchanging ceiling until morning.

Last edited by Angel; July 15th 2011 at 01:28 PM.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 15th 2011, 07:21 AM

The first rays of morning sunlight spilled over the top of the Forbidden Forest and through the small, gothic window on Draco's dormitory. As the other Slytherin sixth year boys continued to sleep, Draco climbed out of bed, dressed, tucked his wand into his robes, and descended the cold stone staircase to the common room.

The common room was empty, the fire was dwindling to a feeble flicker, and rays of sunlight hovered near the top of the wall, casting the rest of the room in eerie darkness. Draco swept through the room, paying little notice to the ambiance. He continued on through the quiet, seemingly abandoned castle, out through the great hall and through the entryway, and onto the grounds. Patches of wispy fog, fragmenting rapidly in the sun, floated about the glassy lake.

The calico cat was waiting for him at the edge of the lake, but Draco had been expecting it this time. He approached it with a slowed gait, unblinking though he stared directly into the sun. The cat sat, unmoving, waiting.

"This is a very poor disguise, you know. If you were trying to spy on me, you shouldn't be following me around or going to where I'm about to be. I thought you would have known that."

The cat bowed its head and stood up, and then, with very little warning, sprinted towards the Forbidden Forest.

Draco whipped out his wand, pointed it at the scurrying creature and roared, "Reducto!" But his spell missed the cat by a generous margin, and it disappeared into the trees.

As soon as it was out of sight, there was a faint crack that sounded all too much like the sound of someone disapparating.

Draco shook his head in disgust, tucked away his wand, and walked swiftly back into the castle. He entered the great hall, where he sat down. There was no one else to be seen, but he had a strange feeling that he was being watched.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 12:45 AM

Celeste squinted, looking around the girl's dormitory. The sun was just barely up and all the Slytherin girls were sleeping soundly. The night had been long and restless, the fifth day in a row. She stumbled out of bed, pocketed her wand, and left the dormitory silently.

The hallways were nearly empty aside from the occasional wandering ghost. Celeste looked down at her shoes as she walked down the staircase and out the doors of the castle. A thick fog blanketed the school grounds and made it difficult to see far. Breathing in the morning air, she slowly made her way down to the lake.

Hidden in the tall grass was a dark figure. Celeste got out her wand and inched towards the figure apprehensively to get a better look. Lying limp in the grass was an unconscious Oliver Wood, his robes torn and his broomstick lying a few metres away from him. Realizing there was no threat, she put her wand back into her robes and ran over to his side.

"Oh my lord." Celeste shook her head and looked around, trying to figure out how she could get him back to the castle. Pushing her hair out of her face, she grabbed his torso trying to lift him up. The dead weight of his motionless body was far too much for her to carry; she fell down, gashing her leg on a rock. Persistent, she got back up slowly and dragged Oliver back into the castle.

Last edited by Angel; July 16th 2011 at 01:17 AM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 01:38 AM

His head pounded as he felt his sodden robes dragging around his knees. He had the oddest sensation of being dragged, as if being dragged by, a house elf? Oliver groaned as he tried to open his eyes, but all he could see was a bright after image, as if he'd just looked into the sun. He quickly shut his eyes, and was met with an image he couldn't get remove. A stark white head of hair, and a cat. Nothing but the briefest glimpse. But he swore he remembered the person, talking, to the cat.

"No, I must be going crazy." Oliver thought to himself.

Eventually the dragging sensation stopped and Oliver was half dropped, half placed on the cold stone ground.

Last edited by EatenByAGrue; July 16th 2011 at 02:57 AM.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 02:46 AM

Draco didn't stay in the great hall for very long. Restless, he began wandering the castle with no apparent direction or destination. As the morning wore on, students began slowly trickling into the corridors, ghosts glided through the walls and floors and teachers occasionally brushed past with brisk expedience.

The subtle growl of hunger drew Draco back down to the great hall. Now about one third full, breakfast foods and made themselves appear on the platters lining the tables. Draco sat near the entryway, eating toast and avoiding eye contact with anyone else in the hall. He still felt unsettled about the calico; he knew from being followed that it wasn't what it appeared, but the thought that it was an animagus made him very unsettled. Who was it, really?

His train of thought was interrupted by the distinct echo of the front doors being opened. Draco jerked his head and saw the minute outline of his sister dragging something. Suspicious, Draco stood up and walked as casually as he could towards the doors.

Celeste looked winded; at her feet was the unmoving form of Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor Quidditch captain. Now positively alarmed and very confused, Draco quickened his pace.

"What in the hell did you do?" he hissed.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#14 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 03:14 AM

His head still pounding, Oliver thought it prudent to open his eyes after he heard someone talking from above him. Slowly opening one eye, he squinted up into the faces of the Draco, and his sister.

"Ergh... My head.... Hu- Hullo Draco, and Celin- errrr... Celeste?" groaned Oliver,

"Yes, my name is Celeste, and you would be?" answered Celeste, in the most angelic voice.

"That's Wood, he's a Gryffindor. Why did you drag him in here? He would have been better off getting eaten by one of the spider's in the Forbidden Forest." interjected Draco, in his nasal sneer.

Oddly enough, Draco said this with a look of fear and disgust on his face, as if he knew what he was talking about.

Oliver's head throbbed as he dragged himself into a sitting position. Celeste looked at him quizzically. Not like she was worried about him, but as if he were a rabbit she'd found hiding on the roof of the castle.

"What were you doing lying in the grass out there anyway?" inquired Celeste, sweetly, but distantly.

"I- I don't know.." started Oliver, then looking at Draco he continued "The last thing I remember was, you. But you were talking to a- a cat."

At the mention of the cat, Draco got a worried look on his face. "Cat? What cat? You must be stark raving mad, Oliver!" interrupted Draco.

"Ohhh the pretty little calico, that likes me so?" asked Celeste, ever so sweetly.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 03:37 AM

Celeste brushed the sweat off her forehead and looked at her brother exasperatedly. "Draco, my sweetest brother, I have nothing to do with this boy. I found him lying unconscious by the lake. Why are you so suspicious of me?"

Ignoring Wood on the floor, she limped towards the Slytherin's table and took a seat. Blood ran down the large gash that scarred her leg. Unaware of her injury, she carried on fixing the ribbon in her hair.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 04:16 AM

Draco paid little heed to his sister's retreat back to the house table. He leaned over Wood, drawing his wand.

"What did you see?" he asked, pointing his wand at Wood's throat.

Wood didn't respond. He grunted a bit, still in obvious pain, and then closed his eyes.

Impatient, Draco rolled his eyes and murmured an incantation. Painful boils began to appear on Wood's throat. Wood groaned, but held his hand up in a feeble signal. Draco subsided the boils and gazed piercingly down at Wood.

"I dunno where the cat came from," he muttered. "It was just sitting out there by the lake. I saw it from Gryffindor tower. I took my broom out for some Quidditch prep, and I saw you outside. Figured you were going down to the pitch to spy on my team. But you went to the lake, by the cat. Talked to the thing.... then it bolted, you tried to curse it and it disappeared. You went inside and your sister came out a moment later.... I was watching her, but then.... I dunno...."

He droned off, and Draco prodded him again.

"Someone must've cursed me... didn't hear anything. I just remember seeing that little girl come out the doors, then next thing I know I'm back here. That's all I know, I swear."

Draco figured this to be the truth, as all the pieces he could figure on fit together well enough. He stood up and looked down at Wood. "You will not speak to anyone about what you saw," he said sharply, his wand still pointed at Wood.

Wood grunted again, and - with tremendous effort - stood up and started straggling over to the Gryffindor table. Draco swept the hall with his eyes before entering, ensuring that no one had seen him, before entering and sitting down at the table next to his sister.

"I need you to tell me everything that happened this morning, Celeste."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 04:44 AM

Celeste smoothed back Draco's hair. "There we go. You were looking like an absolute mess, believe it or not."

"Tell me Celeste," Draco said, grabbing her wrist. "What happened this morning?"

Her arm went limp and her gaze traveled elsewhere.
"I can't sleep at night. I can never sleep at night. So I decided to take a walk this morning and I found Olive by the lake."
She gave him a curious look.
"What's going on, Draco? What is worrying you?"

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 16th 2011, 05:28 AM

Draco looked into his sister's eyes, trying to make eye contact, to get her to understand that there was something wrong. But Celeste's eyes were glazed and unfocused, her expression was vague, almost dreamy.

"Celeste, are you alright? You seem a bit dazed."

"Oh yes, I'm fine," she said in a voice that did little to belay Draco's suspicions.

"Why were you down by the water this morning? What did you see? I need to know, Celeste!" Draco gripped his sister's arm a bit too tightly, and she flinched

"That cat seems to have taken a liking to you, Draco. Are you two friends?" she cooed.

Draco raised his eyebrows slightly. "That wasn't a cat. It was an animagus. And you've seen it before, I know you have. Tell me who it really is."

Celeste shrugged. "You've seen it before, too. Why should you have to ask me? You know who it is, don't you?"

There was a dead pause, and Draco took his eyes off of his sister's deadpan gaze. "I should. It's so familiar, I've seen it before."

"Well then who is it?"

"I can't remember," Draco said in a defeated voice.

Celeste put her hand over her brother's, gently pried it off her arm, smiled sweetly, and began eating her breakfast without another word.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 18th 2011, 02:17 AM

Celeste watched from out the corner of her eye as Draco sat next to her sulking. Feeling sympathetic, she leaned over and whispered in his ear,

"Don't be so sad. Look, those girls are staring at you. I believe they are interested."

Draco looked over to the end of the table. Three giggling girls waved self consciously. Celeste tried to contain her laughter but burst out laughing hysterically.

Last edited by Angel; July 18th 2011 at 12:59 PM.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 18th 2011, 07:11 AM

Draco grumbled despite the deeper stirring in his mind.

"Last thing I need is to become pretty-boy Malfoy. Don't point them out to me, or I'll start noticing them. And if I start noticing them, I'll end up interacting with them. I have more important things to do than snog a girl in empty classrooms."

Draco had hoped this would silence Celeste; it did quite the opposite. She giggled even harder and put her head on his shoulder. "Oh, Draco, quit running away from what you want and using what you think you need as an excuse for it. A little fun never hurt anyone. Well.... except that Weasely kid when his wand broke in half and ended up destroying Lockhart's memory, but that's another story. Just go for it."

The infinite wisdom and simplicity that spilled forth from Celeste's lips sunk in with Draco. He knew that his father would be disappointed if he found out Draco was just chasing girls when he had many more important things to do, the least of which was schoolwork. Even with Lucius in Azkaban, Draco feared what his father might say if he found out that Draco had been sidetracked from the tasks he had been so delicately selected for.

Girls. Just another thing for Draco to think about. This most certainly would be the most interesting of years at Hogwarts.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 24th 2011, 04:56 PM

"I believe it is a little too late for that, my dear brother. You don't think you're not already a pretty-boy Malfoy?" Celeste kissed Draco sloppily on the cheek. The Slytherin girls watching laughed at the sight of their affection, slightly envious due to Draco's inapproachability. Although only a night has passed since Celeste arrived at the school, she was becoming increasingly aware of the reputation the Malfoy name had in the wizarding world. The same awareness her father had never exposed her to.

Celeste stood up from the table and brushed the muffin crumbs off her robes.

"I should be headed to my charms class soon. The next time you see me, I'll be able to charm your socks right off!"

She pushed her way out of the Great Hall and was met with a near silence. She shook her head as if to relieve her clouded mind, but to no avail. With a spinning head and a bloodied leg, she made her way up the stairs. A pair of footsteps could be heard just a few metres behind hers. Celeste slowed down, the feeling of dread creeping up on her. As the footsteps came increasingly closer and desperate, she whipped around to be met with a blinding flash of red. The world turned to black in an instant.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 24th 2011, 06:14 PM

Draco blinked stupidly a couple times, by which point his sister had already swept from the hall and out of sight. Trying to avoid the stares and giggles of the girls farther down the Slytherin table, he arose and started walking back towards the common room.

Something caught Draco's site as he left the great hall. On the opposite staircase, barely visible at the top, was a crumpled figure. Draco immediately recognized his sister's wand laying beside the figure. Drawing his wand, he slowly crept up the stairs, his head scanning the area. He then heard the faintest sound of trotting behind him.

Draco whirled on the spot and pointed his wand. A stream of reddish-orange light burst from his wand's tip, and the body of Severus Snape collapsed to the floor.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Devoted Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tom Mereweather

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 24th 2011, 08:35 PM

I'm just gonna randomly comment on this because i think my username should be on this page xD

A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their colour or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. If only we opened our eyes. Sometimes it took a dog with worse manners, and pure intentions to help us see what counts in life, and what doesnt

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 26th 2011, 02:32 PM

Celeste stirred. There was something slippery running under her fingertips. She slowly opened her eyes to be greeted by a sea of silver. Sitting up, she noticed she was floating on top of what looked like a silvery substance and her robes managed to stay dry. She lifted up her hand and put her finger to her mouth, moved by sheer curiosity. As soon as her lips met the substance, her eyes widened in horror as the sudden realization hit her. Unicorn blood.

Screaming, she bolted upright in her bed. This was not her bed. Looking around, she saw rows of empty beds. Celeste felt a hand grip hers tightly. Startled by this touch, she turned around to see Draco sitting by her bed.

Last edited by Angel; July 26th 2011 at 05:35 PM.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 27th 2011, 04:03 AM

The hospital wing was cool and spartan. As Celeste began stirring, Draco fixated his gaze onto her flickering eyelids.

Celeste opened her mouth as to speak, but Draco interrupted her. "I don't know what happened or why. And I don't want to talk about it here; I don't know who else might be listening. All that's important is that we avoid Professor Snape until he finds us. Don't ask me why. I don't know what's going on."

Celeste nodded and fell back asleep.

Draco walked through the corridors back towards the Slytherin dungeon. He should have been off to Potions, but he didn't want to deal with Slughorn. His mind was racing, trying to figure out what had happened. Had Snape just been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Was he really guilty? Or was it something else entirely?

As Draco rounded the final corner to the portrait hole to the Slytherin common room, Oliver Wood staggered out from behind a tapestry, covered in blood and looking completely bewildered.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#26 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 29th 2011, 01:28 PM

Half blinded by the blood dripping in his eyes. Oliver stumbled into Draco,

"The cat, that's no cat..." started Oliver, stopping to catch a shuddering breath.

"I know, it's not. But what happened to you?" interjected Malfoy coldly.

"Grindlewald. The cat is Grindlewald..." finished Oliver, as he fainted dead to the floor.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - July 30th 2011, 06:52 AM

Draco stumbled back from the limp body of Oliver Wood, then sprinted to the Slytherin common room. Once there, he sat in the corner of the room, brooding deep in thought.

Oliver's death wasn't even his concern for the moment. If what Oliver had said was true, then it meant serious problems for everyone at Hogwarts, regardless of which "side" they were on. While Lord Voldemort was determined and focused, the little that Draco knew of Grindlewald made him believe that the latter was eccentric, unpredictable and unstable.

But how could Grindlewald even be in Britain? And at that, how did he find his way specifically to Hogwarts with so many protective spells and guardians around the perimeter? It seemed impossible. Unless.....

Azkaban had proven itself to be unable to contain its prisoners. Had the same thing happened at Grindlewald's fortress that he himself had eventually been contained in? It may have been unlikely, but certainly not impossible. But even if he had escaped, what would he want at Hogwarts? Was he looking for something? Or someone?

Draco contemplated this as he gazed out across the lawns, where Dumbledore was strolling serenely.....

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 4th 2011, 02:07 PM

The Hospital Wing was empty. Madam Pomfrey had stepped out for lunch, leaving Celeste alone with the company of a dozen stuffed bears. She knocked them to the floor, feeling grumpy about being stuck in bed for the day. Madam Pomfrey had instructed her not to leave the bed. That did not sit well with her.

Celeste felt something land in her lap and a furry head nudged her hand. She looked down to see the calico cat placed perfectly onto her lap, purring as contentedly as a dog with a bone. While stroking the cat, she noticed some spots in his fur that was red.

The cat suddenly leaped out of her lap and onto the edge of the bed, where it took the form of a young man. Celeste looked at him curiously. He placed a hand on her little blonde head and stroked her hair. Celeste continued to stare at him silently with cloudy eyes. Finally, he spoke.

"Do not be afraid, little moon. I am here to watch over you. Let me help you."

Last edited by Angel; August 5th 2011 at 12:40 AM.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 10th 2011, 03:26 AM

As the fall term at Hogwarts carried on, Draco saw less of his sister, as he was often engaged in NEWT work and other, more important works. But when he did see her, she seemed withdrawn and quiet. She was still kind, but also distant and subdued. As much as Draco tried to make an excuse in his mind for her that she was simply feeling stressed by the schoolwork, he knew there had to be more to it.

The calico cat had been nowhere to be seen since the incident with Oliver. After sleuthing away from teachers and ghosts for a few weeks, Draco began to suspect that they had no suspicions of him, and were not going to seek him out or interrogate him. However, he noticed that Professor Snape's gaze was cooler than usual whenever their eyes met.

The morning of Halloween, Draco was awoken by a pecking at the small window in the dormitory. It took a moment for his groggy mind to realize that it was an owl with a small scroll tied to its ankle. Dragging his feet slightly, Draco opened the window and took the owl inside. It hooted softly as he untied the twine attaching the scroll to the owl, and then flew out the window and into the rising sun.

A scrawl that Draco had absolutely no recognition of was written out on the crumpled scroll. It was short and direct.

Come to the Shrieking Shack in Hogsmeade at five tonight. Alone.

There was no signature. Draco nervously folded the note and tucked it into his robes.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 10th 2011, 04:20 AM

The morning of Halloween, Celeste sat at the middle of the Slytherin table surrounded by her friends. While recovering from the attack, many people have shown her kindness, both from the Slytherin house and outside. For some unknown reason, they have offered her their friendship and a place at the table. It was strange and Celeste became quite indifferent to the attention. Her eyes glazed over and she sat silently as her friends went on about the boys they fancied.

"Celeste, you are being terribly quiet! What about you? Quit being so secretive and tell us!"

She looked up as she was jolted back to reality. "What? Boys? I'm not interested."

"What in the world are you saying? The boys are tripping over their feet for you."

Celeste shrugged and looked towards the entrance. Draco walked in looking upset and disoriented. Her heart sank. Her head began to throb an excruciating pain. Unable to control the pain, she got up and ran out of the Great Hall, bumping into Draco on her way out.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 10th 2011, 05:10 AM

As Draco descended to the great hall for breakfast, Celeste swept past him, looking to be in a frazzled hurry. Draco considered stopping her and asking her about it, but thought better of it. He watched her as she scurried up the stone staircase and out of sight.

Crabbe and Goyle were already waiting for Draco at the Slytherin table, stuffing their faces with liberal amounts of pastries, scrambled eggs and sausages. They grunted a haphazard greeting as Draco sat down and stared at the mounds of food without appetite. More to preempt a burning hunger he knew he'd be getting later in the day than out of true appetite, Draco picked up a small pastry and ate it in delicately small bites.

Most of the day dragged on with little signs of unusual activity. Massive pumpkins decorated the great hall, the ghosts had become somewhat more festive than usual (especially Nearly Headless Nick), and a slight feeling of anticipation loomed over the upcoming Halloween feast that Draco knew he'd be missing that evening.

At four-thirty sharp, Draco descended down the steps, through the great hall, and across the lawns. Still not entirely sure of his apparating prowess, he nervously strayed to the edge of the Forbidden Forest and thought very hard of his destination.

After an unpleasant sensation his his stomach, his feet landed hard on the cobblestones of an offshoot alley in Hogsmeade behind Honeydukes. Draco walked nervously down the mostly deserted street, avoiding the eyes of anyone who might be passing by. The winding road to the Shrieking Shack was littered with fallen, crumpled leaves blown by the cold wind. Draco tightened his robes around his neck and quickened his pace.

Draco gingerly pushed the rotting door to the shack, and it creaked in objection. As silently as he could manage, he slid through the house until he reached the sitting room. The furniture was badly damaged from insects, water and neglect, but Draco managed to find a davenport that seemed safe enough to sit on. Glancing around uneasily, he sank into the chair and tried to make as if he were relaxing. He chose his seat in such a way as he could see the door, and stared at it with an almost vacant expression.

After a few dull, silent minutes, Draco jumped in his seat as a loud crack erupted right behind him. Recognizing the sound of an apparation, Draco realized it would have been foolish to think that whoever wanted to see him would come through the door. But just as he was thinking this, he heard a voice say, "Expelliarmus!"

Draco's wand flew out of his hand and behind him. He whirled around in the seat to see who had come to meet him.

"Hello there, Draco," said Xenophilius Lovegood, holding his wand aloft.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 14th 2011, 04:38 PM

The door was left open slightly ajar. Celeste hid in the shadows behind the door, peeking through the crack in between the door and the wall. Her view was obstructed greatly but she could smell the fear and hostility emanating from the room.

Startled by the sudden apparition, she let out a gasp. Xenophilius looked in her direction. With adrenaline pounding in her veins, she held her breath and hoped he had not seen her follow her brother.

In a split moment, she felt a great fire snake up her arm. Celeste squeezed her arm tightly, doubled over in pain. She rolled up her sleeve to find that the mark scarred onto her arm was changed into a vivid red. Her head started to throb in a familiar pain. She tried to shake it away but the voices only grew louder in desperation.

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 16th 2011, 07:22 AM

Draco thought he heard someone gasp from outside the door, but that wasn't important. Xenophilius was already strolling around the other side of the davenport and making himself comfortable in a very weathered armchair.

Suddenly, without warning, Draco's arm seared. It happened right as Xenophilius made eye contact with him. His eyes didn't have the sparkle present in Luna's gaze; they were dark and sullen. Draco hid his pain by rubbing his arm casually. He knew not whether the pain of the Dark Mark was coincidence, or if there was something truly terrifying about Luna Lovegood's father that he had never known.

Xenophilius pulled out a necklace with an odd yet familiar symbol on it.

"You recognize this, yes?" he asked softly.

Draco considered not answering for a moment, but then realized that things would probably get ugly fast if he didn't. He instead nodded in affirmation, avoiding the piercing eyes staring at him.

"You know who's been following you at Hogwarts, I assume? Perhaps you haven't seen him for a while, but you know he's still around."

Draco welled up the word that seemed stuck in his throat. "Grindlewald," he muttered.

Xenophilius nodded curtly. "I have this pendant because I was once loyal to Grindlewald. When he was defeated by Albus Dumbledore, his symbol became little more than a relic. But it means much more. Grindlewald has escaped his prison. He's searching for the Deathly Hallows, and he knows where two of them are."

Draco had to restrain himself strongly from saying, "What?" out loud, but his startled expression was impossible to hide. He had read tales of the Deathly Hallows in the Beedle and the Bard, just like any other normal wizard of pure blood, but had dismissed it as myth. He also knew that Luna and her father had a tendency of going beyond the bounds of truth (thinking back to the Quibbler), but there was no lie or deception in Xenophilius' voice.

"Grindlewald knows that Lord Voldemort is searching for these items. He also knows that you have a special dislike of Albus Dumbledore, who was once a friend of Grindlewald until a terrible tragedy came between the two of them. He has sent me here to inform you of something."

"Yes?" Draco asked, his voice shaky.

"Deliver the Elder Wand and the Cloak of Invisibility to him. If you do not do this, terribly things will befall your family... starting with Celeste."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 16th 2011, 08:23 AM

Celeste stumbled backwards, her eyes wide in fear at hearing Xenophilius' threat. Draco's face betrayed him as the horror became apparent on his face. Celeste felt her heart beat more loudly than it ever had. Who was Grindelwald? Why was her brother chosen for such an important task?

Feeling incredibly uneasy, Celeste stepped out as quietly as she could out of the Shrieking Shack. The autumn air was so crisp it made her eyes water. She sniffed slightly, trying to hold back the tears that suddenly began to pool. Draco looked afraid while he was speaking to Xenophilius. This was the first time she had ever seen this present in Draco's eyes. She was so much trouble for everyone, she thought. If only she was a little bigger and a little more learned, she would be able to fight for herself instead of having Draco fear for her safety.

Celeste rubbed her arm a little, the fsintest trace of a burning sensation lingering on her mark. It was getting late. She took a big breath and readied herself for what she would have to face this evening with Draco. A hand gripped her shoulder tightly.

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 16th 2011, 08:41 AM

Xenophilius handed Draco his wand and disapparated without another word. Dust swirled where his figure had been just a moment before, and settled back onto the furniture of the decrepit room.

He went down the stairs and out the front door of the shack, and saw the petite figure of Celeste walking shakily down the path. He quickened his pace until he was behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder firmly.

Celeste jumped a bit and turned around, drawing her wand. Upon seeing her brother, she flushed a brilliant shade of magenta, tears in her eyes, and tucked her wand away again.

"I knew you'd follow me," said Draco, not letting Celeste try to explain herself first. "I can't say it was a good idea for you to do so, but I'm not mad at me. I suppose you heard what Mr. Lovegood said."

Celeste nodded, trembling even more.

Draco decided not to risk apparating with his sister. Instead, he set his sights on Hogwarts castle in the distance. He turned to his sister and mumbled, "Walk with me. There are some things we need to discuss."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 17th 2011, 11:09 PM

Celeste took her brother's hand in her own as they made their way back to the castle. Neither one of them spoke. She replayed the scene at the Shrieking Shack over again in her head, many times, but it made less sense the more she thought about it. The young man she had seen had promised to keep her safe.

"Draco, what do you think they'll do to me?" Celeste asked, her voice distant.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 18th 2011, 08:20 AM

Celeste's voice, soft and distant, floated up to Draco's ears. "Draco? What do you think they'll do to me?"

"I don't know. And I have a very strong feeling that I don't want to know. I'm sorry, Celeste, but I really don't have any answers right now."

The cold air sharpened with a howl of wind, and Celeste crept closer to her brother as they swept up towards the grounds of the castle. Celeste was shivering, and Draco knew that it had little to do with the cold.

"We need to talk to father.... somehow. We can't get a letter to Azkaban. I wonder if it would be wise to call in a favor from aunt Lestrange. I only hope she's stable enough to make some sense of what we need to do."

Celeste shuddered. "You wouldn't ask advice from that vile woman, would you?"

Draco scowled. "That 'vile woman' is the only reason we were able to go home safely after what that Potter boy did at the Department of Mysteries last year. When she put the Imperius curse on a select few at Hogwarts when they decided whether or not we should return, she saved your education and allowed me to do the tasks that have been set forth before me. I can't even --"

Draco stopped. Lord Voldemort had given him specific instructions after the end of term last year. He had special orders to carry out at Hogwarts.

How was he supposed to protect Celeste without having his father's master find out?

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 23rd 2011, 01:50 AM

Celeste inched closer to her brother, gripping his hand tightly. The cold seemed to pierce right through her very bones. Quickening her pace to keep up with Draco, they made their way back into the castle faster than they had come out. Celeste sighed with relief as they entered the safety of the castle. Draco, however, did not look as relieved. With a little sigh, Celeste knew it would be wise to let her brother think this one out for himself.

They found themselves back at the common room without a word exchanged between the two of them. Draco climbed up the steps to his dormitory without saying goodnight, lost in his own thoughts. Celeste was left at the bottom of the staircase, confused as to what to do next. She climbed into the girl's dormitory and changed out of her worn robes and into a nightgown. Xenophilius' threat had piqued her curiosity, and her curiosity was most unsettling.

As soon as everyone was settled into their beds, Celeste left her own quietly. She went up to the boy's dormitory a little apprehensively, fearing the boys would not appreciate her visit. They paid Celeste little attention at all, some of the older boys nodding in acknowledgement and saying hello. She reached the end of the row of beds where Draco was sat with a roll of parchment and quill. He ran his fingers through his hair and his anxiety became apparent to Celeste. He looked desperate.

Celeste sat down softly on the edge of Draco's bed. Draco looked up to see who it was, but she did not make eye contact. Wanting to talk, she tried to speak up but could only manage to squeak.

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 24th 2011, 05:33 AM

"You shouldn't be here."

Celeste scowled. "Why not?"

"Because you want to talk about what happened, and I don't want other people to hear us," Draco responded in a whisper.

Celeste slouched a little bit, her expression changing to disappointment. The parchment on the bed was illegible. It was quite obvious that Draco had been writing fast and that his hand had been shaking quite badly.

Draco watched his sister's eyes scan the parchment. Despite having written a desperate letter, he had not addressed it; he didn't know who to send it to. And in any case, sending such a thing by owl would be incredibly risky. Draco barely even acknowledged his sister as he stared at the parchment, wondering if it was of any use at all.

Draco reached into his robe pocket and pulled out the small strip of parchment that Xenophilius had sent him that morning. He examined it and saw a small stain in the corner. Curious, Draco sniffed it.

There was no mistaking that smell. Polyjuice potion.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#40 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Re: Draco + Celeste - August 24th 2011, 11:50 PM

I rolled over in bed wiping the tears from my eyes. I shook my head to clear my hair out of my face. I noticed a figure in the shadows beside my bed. I pulled my wand out from under my pillow and whispered, "Lumos"
"Are you okay, Tibby?" the figure asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine" i whispered rolling onto my back.
When the girl had gone back to her bed, I wrapped myself in my cloak and walked out to the common room. As i was sitting in a chair by the fire, I heard a door open and close on the stairs. I shrink into my chair as footsteps pound on the stairs to the commons.
"Polyjuice? Why would there be Polyjuice potion on this note?" I hear a voice mutter.
"Draco?" I ask standing up.
"Tabebuia?" He says, staring at me.
"I'm back."
"Where have you been?" He asks running to stand in front of me.
"Nowhere i want to talk about." i say staring at my toes
He just gives me a hug as tears well up in my violet eyes. I wipe them away as he holds me. We sit on the couch as close to each other as possible. I lay my head on his shoulder as he tells me everything that's happened while I was away.
I fall asleep in his arms and for once the nightmares aren't there. I ask him to sing to me and he says, "I will sing all night if it will keep the nightmares away." as he folds the note with Polyjuice potion on it into his pocket.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

Closed Thread