TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 4th 2011, 11:57 PM

Part 1 can be found here.

Quote:
"You shouldn't be here."

Celeste scowled. "Why not?"

"Because you want to talk about what happened, and I don't want other people to hear us," Draco responded in a whisper.

Celeste slouched a little bit, her expression changing to disappointment. The parchment on the bed was illegible. It was quite obvious that Draco had been writing fast and that his hand had been shaking quite badly.

Draco watched his sister's eyes scan the parchment. Despite having written a desperate letter, he had not addressed it; he didn't know who to send it to. And in any case, sending such a thing by owl would be incredibly risky. Draco barely even acknowledged his sister as he stared at the parchment, wondering if it was of any use at all.

Draco reached into his robe pocket and pulled out the small strip of parchment that Xenophilius had sent him that morning. He examined it and saw a small stain in the corner. Curious, Draco sniffed it.

There was no mistaking that smell. Polyjuice potion.
Celeste looked curiously at Draco as he sniffed the parchment he held in his hand.

"Something's wrong, isn't it?" she asked, looking out the window and into the Black Lake. The waters were restless and there was not a creature to be seen. There was a dark presence out there, one Celeste had lost countless nights of sleep to. One that brought unsettling fear to her brother's eyes.

Draco looked up at Celeste.

She continued, "I know all too well."

They sat in silence for a moment. The boys were still up, completely unaware as to what was going on. Celeste could feel her eyes growing heavy. She propped up her head on her hands just to keep awake long enough to watch Draco finish his letter. Soon enough, she lost her battle and her head fell softly to the bed for the first time in a long while.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

Last edited by Angel; December 5th 2011 at 01:17 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 5th 2011, 12:22 AM

Draco woke up to the sound of birds outside. Celeste was asleep on his shoulder, curled up against him comfortably. Crabbe, Goyle and the other Slytherin boys had already left the dormitory.

As he tried to push himself up in the bed slightly, Draco felt something crinkle in his hand ever so slightly. He relaxed his clenched fist and looked at the piece of parchment that he had been working with the night before. Slowly, so as to not wake up his sister, he set it down on the nightstand, picked up his wand, and pointed it at the parchment. As the message curled up and shriveled under the heat of a tiny fire, Draco put down his wand and fell back asleep.

-------

Draco woke up again some time later by the sound of Celeste's high voice singing jovially while she danced around the dormitory. He pretended to be asleep as he watched through slitted eyes as she pranced cheerfully around the room, apparently without a care in the world.

Celeste quite suddenly stopped and looked at Draco. "Why did you burn the parchment?" she asked sweetly.

"It was nothing, don't worry about it," Draco murmured, still very drowsy.

"How long is it going to be before you realize that you can't lie to me?" she asked, still sounding incredibly sweet.

Draco sighed. "It's a private thing, Celeste. Just drop it."

"If you say so," she said, shrugging. "Just one more thing. Why does it smell like polyjuice potion in here?"

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 5th 2011, 01:34 AM

While Draco stared daggers at her, Celeste jumped onto the bed and looked up at her brother. His face softened and Celeste smiled brilliantly.

"I know you have your secrets. I have mine, too." She sat up in bed, her eyes fixated on the light streaming from through the window. "I just hope they aren't the ones that hurt most when kept to ourselves."

Turning around, she pulled Draco out of bed.

"Come on now," she urged, "Crabbe and Goyle will have eaten your spot at the table if you take any more time getting out of bed!"

Leaving Draco alone to get dressed for the day, Celeste ran down the steps of the dormitory and practically tumbled into the Common Room. Pansy Parkinson was sat on the couch facing the boy's dormitory, fixing her hair meticulously. She saw Celeste and her mouth opened in surprise.

"What are you doing coming from the boy's dormitory?" she asked suspiciously.

Celeste frowned. Her tone of voice was most unpleasant, even though she could not understand why Pansy was so suspicious. "I couldn't fall asleep." She answered, simply. "If you're waiting for Draco, he should be down in a moment."

Last edited by Angel; December 5th 2011 at 10:36 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 5th 2011, 02:12 AM

Draco dragged himself down the stairs, his tired mind still trying to concentrate on stepping down each individual step.

"Hey, Draco!" said the painfully annoying voice of Pansy Parkinson.

Draco barely looked up and merely grunted in reply.

"There's a trip to Hogsmeade today, you know," she continued, undeterred by Draco's obvious disinterest in her. "I thought maybe the two of us could go to Honeyduke's and maybe Three Broomsticks."

Draco looked up, not at Pansy, but at Celeste, who was standing behind her. She had a look of disgust on her face. "Sorry, Pansy. I told Celeste I'd help her do some things here at the castle today."

Pansy's smile faded slightly, then lit up again. "She can just come with us!"

"First years can't go to Hogsmeade," Draco said pointedly. "And Celeste needs my help on.... um.... potions."

Pansy's smile disappeared. "Alright then. I'll bring you some chocolate from Honeyduke's if you'd like. See you this evening." She walked towards the door, throwing a look of disgust at Celeste, who averted her eyes and looked at the floor quite concertedly.

As soon as she was gone, Celeste walked up to Draco and said, "She fancies you!" in a teasing voice.

"Oh hush. I'd never fall for someone so boorish," Draco said defensively. "Besides, I already told you, I have far too much to be going on with without dealing with a girlfriend."

Celeste and Draco walked down to the Great Hall, where breakfast was about to end. As they sat down, Draco's eyes wandered to a girl sitting at the Ravenclaw table. She was quite clearly staring at him rather dreamily, but as soon as she realized Draco saw her, she turned away. And yet, Draco couldn't stop himself from staring back at her....

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 6th 2011, 01:21 AM

Celeste suddenly felt ravenous as she was faced with abundant platefuls of rolls and breakfast foods. She took a bit of egg and toast on her plate.

"Hey Draco, do you think-" she started, but realized Draco's mind was elsewhere. She followed his gaze to the dark girl sitting at the Ravenclaw table. Celeste stared curiously as the girl averted her eyes and shielded her face bashfully with her long hair.

Handing Draco a glass of grapefruit juice, she nodded in understanding. "No girls, eh?" she teased.

As Celeste was speaking, she scanned the room. There was an anomaly, although she was uncertain of what was out of place. Rubbing her temples, she pushed her plate away in displeasure once more.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 6th 2011, 01:36 AM

Draco's eyes flickered as Celeste pushed her food away. His appetite was nonexistent, and he stared blankly at the food on the table after he had finally stopped staring at the girl across the hall.

Celeste was drumming her fingers on the table while looking all around the hall, as if she was looking for something. Draco suddenly felt as though the two of them were somehow infinitely isolated amidst the scores of students in the hall.

He leaned in towards his sister's ear slowly. "Walk with me," he muttered.

Celeste jumped slightly, then stood up abruptly and started sweeping out of the hall. Despite her petite stature, Draco had to move forcefully just to keep up with her. Just as soon as she had gone through the doors and out onto the grounds, she slowed down enough to let her brother catch up to her.

"What is it?" Draco asked. "What did you see?"

"See? What did I see? I think you already know that it's more of a matter of what I didn't see."

"Okay, so what did you not see?" Draco asked impatiently.

"I'm not sure. Something was out of place."

"You're not giving me much here." he said in exasperation. "What is it?"

"I smelled Polyjuice potion. Again. Somewhere in there. But there was something more than that. Something else I missed, and I don't know what it was."

Draco sighed. "I know, I smelled it too.... Go back in there if you will. I want you to see if you can find the things that you didn't know you were looking for."

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 6th 2011, 02:05 AM

Looking back at the castle, Celeste's eyes grew wide in fear. She gripped the sleeve of Draco's robes impulsively as he was about to head back inside, stopping him right in his tracks. An overpowering sense of dread washed over her and the nausea set in, paling her face even further.

"No, Draco. Whatever it is, it is something older than our blood and even more wicked than we already know. What that is, I am not certain."

Celeste could feel Draco's eyes on her, anxious to ask the unanswered questions she had dragged up to the surface. The air was heavy with tension which soon congealed as they both knew very well that Celeste did not have the answers to such questions.

Draco placed his hand over Celeste's as to remove her grip from his robes but she took his hand in hers in refusal to let go.

"Draco! Have you not heard?" she pleaded, her stormy grey eyes hinting at desperation.

He watched his sister silently with the same grey eyes she possessed.

The tears swelled up in Celeste's eyes. "I'm afraid, I am!" she cried, collapsing at his feet. She shook her head in embarrassment, her wispy hair coming loose from the tidy little knot she had tied with her ribbon. The exhaustion wore on her like the heaviest curse, a cross she no longer wanted to bear.

Last edited by Angel; December 6th 2011 at 03:28 AM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 6th 2011, 03:41 AM

Celeste's voice had taken a very foreign tone and tenor to it. Draco had never heard anyone speak in the way that she just had. He gripped her shoulder tightly as she knelt down on the ground, gasping for air. Her grey eyes were crossed, her entire body shaking.

"Trelawney," she gasped.

"But we can't go in the castle. You just said that," Draco said pointedly.

"Did I?" Celeste asked, her voice suddenly quite normal. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm quite sure. So should we go into the castle?"

"I suppose we could. What for?"

"To visit Professor Trelawney. You just said that." Draco said, his patience wearing.

"Well alright. Let's go."

Draco supported his sister as she hobbled along into the castle and up the tower. The reached the trap door to the top of the tower, where Draco looked up, unsure of what to do.

"Well, go on then!" said an encouraging voice.

Draco and Celeste both jumped. Standing in a portrait on the wall was Sir Cadogan, the deranged knight whose lonely portrait was the only decor in the tower. Draco knew that he had only once left his post, to tend to the Gryffindor entrance while the Fat Lady was being repaired in his third year.

Draco cautiously climbed the latter and pushed the door open, with Celeste right behind. The atmosphere at the top of the tower was thick with incense, and the entire place even looked foggy. The heat was almost stifling. Draco sat down in a posh cozy chair in the corner, while Celeste stared in wonder at a massive orb in the center of the room.

"I was starting to think you might not make it," said a slow, mystical voice. "I'm sorry, Draco, but I think your sister wants to speak to me alone."

Draco looked up into the giant glasses that fronted Professor Trelawney's face. He said nothing, but instead descended back down the latter and leaned against the wall, waiting for his sister to emerge.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 6th 2011, 04:21 AM

The perfumed air was heavy on her lungs, causing Celeste to cough violently. She watched nervously as Draco left the room, leaving her alone with Professor Trelawney. The eccentric woman beckoned Celeste and she obediently followed, taking a seat near the wall where the only sunlight fell into the classroom in ribbons. Celeste beamed happily until she realized she was left alone with a woman with worse hair than Auntie Bella's. Her smile dissipated as Professor Trelawney came up to her, scrutinizing her as she would observe the changes in a crystal ball.

"You have a gift, don't you, little one?" she said at last.

Celeste jumped in her seat, startled to the bone. "What do you speak of, Professor?" she said, her voice shaky.

She took a seat in the chair across from Celeste and adjusted her spectacles. "I'm almost certain you have a gift," she spoke, as if to herself. "A gift or a curse, that is the question."

"That's not even a question-" Celeste began, before understanding the truth in her words. She fell silent and let her mind shut off, her eyes growing ever more distant and cloudy.

Professor Trelawney grasped Celeste's small hands in her own, searching for a sign in her eyes. "What do your see, child?"

"Why, I see everything. Don't you?"

There was an awkward pause before she released Celeste's hands and sat back in her seat slightly. Her brow furrowed in confusion as to exactly how she was to process these words.

"I see and hear everything, Professor." Celeste continued to mumble, dreamily. "I can feel its presence. I don't know what it means. No one does."

With a second thought, she added, "Draco does his best to understand. He's the only one to believe me. Oh, he is good to me."

Professor Trelawney saw the slightest hint of a sparkle in her eyes as she spoke of her brother. She nodded, and adjusted the rows of gold bracelets adorning her wrists before picking up the crystal ball that sat before them. She rolled it around in her hands before lifting it up to her eyes to focus.

"I see-" she began, before she was abruptly interrupted by the table shaking uneasily after being met with Celeste's knee.

"I do apologize Professor, but I place no faith in divination. At least not from this century," Celeste said as she smiled sweetly at the disoriented professor.

Making her way out of the dusty room, she climbed back down the ladder to find Draco in a spat with Sir Cadogan over his messy hair. Celeste threw her arms around Draco's neck, relieved to be free of the woman's company and to see him waiting for her.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 6th 2011, 07:28 PM

The girl from the Ravenclaw table stood behind a set of armor, her violet eyes watching the Malfoy siblings closely. Brushing her hair from her face she knelt to remove something from her bag. she listened as the voices got closer.

"Draco, I'm frightened." Celeste whispered.

"I know, sister." Draco whispered back.

The girl stepped from behind the armor her nose buried in a book. bumping into Draco she dropped the book and a scrap of parchment slipped out. Her eyes slightly unfocused she knelt down just as Draco did.

"Oh i'm so sorry. how clumsy of me." she muttered, she picked up the book and parchment as Draco reached for it. she pressed it into his hand and stood up.

"Whats this?" Draco asked unfolding it. 'I KNOW EVERYTHING -Tabebuia' was all it said.

He watched the girl with the odd eyes walk away, black hair curling down her back. Celeste looked over her brothers shoulder and read the note

"I know her, she's very odd, almost like Luna Lovegood but weirder. It's like she knows everything about Gellert Grindlewald. Like she knows him."

Draco looks at Celeste questioningly, "How do you know she knows so much about him?"
"we talked about him in Defense Against the Dark Arts. She spoke up, i listened. i need to know more about him. i'm frightened of her almost more than i am of him."

Draco put his arm aroung Celeste and led her down the stairs. they searched for the odd girl, Tabebuia, everywhere. they didn't see her again til lunch where she kept her eyes averted except for one or two glances in the direction of the Slytherin table.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 7th 2011, 12:34 AM

The castle was still mostly empty at lunchtime, as most of the older students were still off at Hogsmeade. The girl was at the Ravenclaw table again, her eyes racing all around the room, despite the fact that they were slightly hidden behind her thick, dark hair.

"Do you even know her name?" Draco hissed to his sister.

"Oh yes, her name is Iris. You know, like the messenger of the Greeks. Quite a wonderful witch she was, though the muggles of those days seemed to think of her as a goddess," Celeste said airily. "I suppose I'm the only one who listens to Professor Bins."

Draco stared across the hall to the girl named Isis, who by now was eating her lunch with a complete lack of expression on her face. "Does the name 'Tabebuia' mean anything to you?"

"If you're referring to Isis, I suppose it could be her own name for herself. Or someone she knows. I'd say the former. I daresay she has something she wants to tell you."

Draco stood up and walked as casually as he could towards the Ravenclaw table. Most of the students ignored him, and the rest barely looked up as he passed by. When he got to Isis, he sat down next to her. "I think we should talk, Isis."

The girl's face broke into a smile that could have been one of complete insanity. "Please, call me Tabebuia," she said in a soothed, slow voice.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 7th 2011, 07:31 PM

She rose and led him out the the grounds.

"Why do you use the name Tabebuia if your name is Isis?"

"Tabebuia is the name of a trumpet flower, its my birth name. plus i like singing. Isis is just what i use when in class or around people i don't trust."

Draco stares at her like she's completely insane, which is probably not far from the truth.

She stands in front of him hands on her hips. "So i guess you got the note. Are you ready to hear what i know?"

"Yes, please."

"Gellert Grindewald, crazy skilled wizard, his other name is Osiris. don't cross him, if hes after you run. the only way to defeat him is for him to face his twin sister in a duel. i can help, if only you'll let me. i can tell you more if you tell me what you know."

As she talked Draco had examined her face and body. He tried to recall the picture of Gellert he had seen a few weeks ago, oddly Tabebuia looked just like him. She watched him watching her, she sensed the gears turning in his head. she felt him put two and two together.

"YOU'RE HIS TWIN SISTER, THATS WHY WHEN THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT IT IN DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS YOU KNEW SO MUCH!"

"Lord, quit screaming i'm write here"

"sorry but i'm so shocked. how do i know you're not lying and are going to hand me and my sister over to him?"

"Because i'm here with you waiting for you to tell me what you know so i don't tel you what you already know."

Draco stood there staring into the girls crazed eyes until she snapped her fingers under his nose.

"Now, tell me what you have already figured out so we can get back to Celeste."

"no need i'm here, tell both of us." a voice said from the stairs behind them. Celeste walked down the steps towards them as the others turned.

"fine, i will" Draco said, his eyes on the two girls.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
EatenByAGrue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chris

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 8th 2011, 03:40 AM

Pain.

All he could feel was pain. Behind his eyes, pounding in his head. Every. Single. Bone. Ached, pulsated, screamed with pain.

Opening his eyes exposed them to the light, even the dim light in the god forsaken room was torture to his eyes.

The soft, sweet voice of Madame Pomfrey cut through his mind like a hot blade. Yet, he was concious enough to utter three little words.

"The... Malfoy.... Girl...."

Before fading back into blissful unconciousness.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 8th 2011, 04:56 AM

Celeste watched Isis saunter away with Draco out of the Great Hall while his food remained untouched. Worried about leaving Draco alone with the girl, Celeste picked herself up and swiftly made her way outside. As she stepped outside and the doors shut behind her, Celeste began to regret leaving the warmth of the castle to look after her brother. She held her simple school robes tight against her body and walked over to where the two stood.

"There's no need, I'm here," she said, as they turned around.

Celeste smiled sheepishly as Draco gave her a stern look. She coughed, the cold air piercing her lungs and making her eyes well up with tears.

The doors to the castle opened suddenly and a Ravenclaw boy poked his head out, his eyes sweeping the area. He spotted Celeste, beckoning her back into the castle.

"Malfoy?" He called out, causing the two blonde haired siblings to turn around, "Wood is asking for you in the Hospital Wing."

Celeste followed the boy back into the building, thankful to be out of the cold, caught without her winter cloak. He led her to the Hospital Wing without a word exchanged between the two, and Celeste made no attempts to exchange pleasantries. She smiled in appreciation as he opened the door for her. As she opened her mouth to thank him, she spotted Madam Pomfrey leaning over a bed tending to a boy in serious condition.

Cautiously, she approached the foot of Wood's bed. His eyes were closed shut as if it were painful to do so otherwise. Unsure of what to do, she stood there watching Madam Pomfrey fret over the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain, muttering under her breath. Spotting Celeste, she backed away, beckoning Celeste to move in closer.

"Now go on, darling," she urged, "You're the first thing he asked for as soon as he woke up."

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 8th 2011, 08:17 PM

Tabebuia stood silently watching Celeste move to stand beside the boy lying on the bed. She shuffled her feet, twitched her hair behind her shoulder and closed her eyes. She muttered under her breath, fingers moving as if on a piano. Draco stared at her, eyes questioning then looked away to watch Celeste.

"Isis?" Celeste called.

"Yes" her misty voice replied, eyes still closed, fingers still moving.

"Can you come here?"

"Sure." She opened her eyes, fingers pausing finally. She moved across the room to the bedside. Her eyes lingered on Woods face then across his body.

"What happened, dear one?" she asked her strange eyes filling with tears.

"Can't.....remember." he sighed, eyes meeting hers.

"Isis, you've seen this before haven't you?" celeste asked her voice trembling.

"yes dear little friend, i have." she shrouded her face with her hair and turned away. "I have...."

She ran from the hospital wing, out the great doors, down the steps and into the forest. Draco moved to follow her but Celeste grabbed his shoulder.

"Leave her be, brother."

they knelt at the edge of Woods bed and listened as he told them all that had happened. Tabebuia stopped at the edge of the forest and knelt in the grass clutching her necklace.

"Why Gellert? I loved you."

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 8th 2011, 08:19 PM

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Draco + Celeste Pt. 2 - December 8th 2011, 08:20 PM

i posted a pic of tabebuia/isis' necklace

Closed Thread