TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

I feel very unlucky - January 8th 2018, 01:45 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I know that people just sometimes have bad days, and that makes them feel unlucky, I get that. But I just am feeling like I'm really unlucky all the damn time, like everybody is having a better time than I am. It just feels like I'm questioning every decision I've ever made in my life. I've seen the school counsellor, therapist, talked to parents + friends, but I haven't gotten a solution. Anyone know what to do?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
eeba Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Esmé

Re: I feel very unlucky - January 8th 2018, 06:59 PM

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Please know first of all that we are here for you any time, so feel free to take advantage of the services on this sight such as helplink (http://www.teenhelp.org/misc.php?do=form&fid=48), live help (next to the helplink box on the home page), and hotlines (http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/), all of which do not require you to be a member of the sight, as well as a variety of specific forums if you would like to become a member.

However, it sounds like you do have some people you can talk to already, but that talking has not been very effective for you. I do think it is good to continue sharing your feelings with these people and reaching out for support. However, you may also want to try taking some direct actions such as looking for interesting clubs or organizations to join and finding activities that you enjoy, since you mentioned that you feel that other people are having a better time. Find things that make you happy, whether it's hanging out with friends, listening to music you like, going to museums, or anything you enjoy.

As far as questioning your decisions, it is always good to be critical and look for ways to do better, but sometimes we are too critical of ourselves. Try to think of times when you have done things you are proud of or made decisions that worked out well. Reassure yourself that you are capable. Recognize when you are doubting yourself, and make a habit of replacing these thoughts with positive affirmations.

I went through a period last year when I was feeling really down, and a friend told me to make a list of five good things that happened every day, and I know it sounds cheesy but it actually really helped me. It can be small things, like if you had a really delicious meal or saw a good movie or even if there was really nice weather. You can also make lists of qualities that you like about yourself or compliments for yourself and then go back and read these lists when you feel you need to.

Also try asking your therapist or counselor for other suggestions since talking hasn't been super helpful. Perhaps they can prescribe medication if they feel it would be helpful (it's not for everyone, but a therapist who knows you well would have an idea of whether it could be an option for you).

Also make sure you are eating well and getting enough exercise and enough sleep, as taking care of your body can help improve your mood and make you feel better overall.

Please stay strong and know you are not alone.
All the best.

"All will be well when the day is done"
-Peter, Paul and Mary <3

Closed Thread