TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Advice Needed - January 9th 2018, 05:09 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hello,
So I have been suicidal for many years and have thought of it many times especially in the past few years. The one thing that has stopped me is being scared of the mess it will cause, it has not been easy and I have had many late night drives to nowhere.

I need advice on what to do because I have brought my suicidal thoughts up to my parents several times, they just don't want to listen. Since I was very I young I have had severe OCD (the worst my several therapists have ever seen), with age I have gotten much better but my mother especially brushes any of these thoughts on my OCD and does not believe I have a serious problem.

My parents feel that it is just momentary feelings and that if I can't tell them what is wrong or provide and prove instances when I have had these dark thoughts I can't go to a therapist. They want to solve it themselves and believe if I don't tell them it is not a legitamite problem. The truth is that I don't feel comfortable sharing these thoughts with them as they tend to brush what I am saying off and as incorrect. Also they are in no real situation to help because they have not been trained to handle these kind of situations as a psychologist has.

It has gotten to the point where I tend to have suicidal thoughts about once a week at the least. I believe I have been fighting this on my own for too long and fear what I may do if I don't get help soon. Please let me know if you have any advice on what to do.

Thank you.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Novaturient Offline
a desire to alter your life

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Advice Needed - January 13th 2018, 01:17 PM

[FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"]Hey dude.

I would highly recommend starting a TeenHelp account, just so I or the others can have a talk with you. You can vent or rant about what's bothering you, we can help you with helpful links and whatnot.

I hope you're okay.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Advice Needed - January 13th 2018, 09:22 PM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DimGray"][SIZE="3"]Sorry to hear that your parents brush off your suicidal thoughts. A lot of the time this might happen if they don't understand much about mental health. They may think that unless something bad happens to you, then you have no reason to feel this way. But this is untrue as mental illness can affect anyone and everyone, from all ages and backgrounds. Parents may also be in denial if they feel out of their depth and don't know how to help, and so treating it as a phase, helps them to think it's not serious and it will pass. But this doesn't help you. Maybe you could show them reliable information from the internet about mental health and suicidal thoughts?

Whatever the reason, they shouldn't be preventing you from seeing a therapist. In some countries, denying children access to medical care can be seen as negligent. Maybe you can talk to a therapist if you are in school/college/university? Or try researching for mental health charities and organisations in your area and see if they offer free or low cost counselling. If you are able to, it's best that you talk with your doctor so that you can get a referral for appropriate treatment.

As it's been said, you can always sign up for an account with TeenHelp where you can get more support from the forums, HelpLINK, Live Help and in the blogs section. We also have some hotlines that you might want to check out anytime you feel suicidal or just want someone to talk to: http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/#depression_and_suicide[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

HelpLINK Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread