TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

My abusive Mum - January 23rd 2018, 05:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]A couple of minutes ago, I was, once again, beaten with a wooden spoon and had two clothes hangers chucked at me by my Mum. Because I eat the insdide of the wall in my house.
Ths is because I have an eating disorder called Pica, you can search it up if you like, there's a cure, eating chewy vitamins BUT my Mum says she's just going to beat me over again, I think she's Bipolar, everytime I say that she beats me harder...
It's horrible because, when I was seven up until I was around eleven years old, I was eating glue, rubber, a bit of wood once....
And from eleven to around now, 14, I was eating soap non-stop. She used the soap issues to beat me and used my pocket money, which I'm no longer allowed, I find out about what I had later...

When i explained this to her she continusly beat me with a wooden spoon and ignored me, saying she'll beat me next time.

I was going to leave home when I was eighteen but now I want to leave quicker or at least have a social worker and my own job.

I was very suicidal at 12 and thirteen but I'm fine now, I guess... I used to go on social media ALL the time and for once I was really happy to have friends and others to talk to. One of my online friends was a lesbian and because I was talking to her, not even sexually, my Mum continusly beat me saying "Are you bisexual?" etc.

Around last week I started feeling really uncomfortable around my Mum as she started watching my bum and saying they look like "Brussel sprouts." I stopped her by saying that it's sexual harrasment and other stuff.

She eventually stopped but now it's like she's always sexually burping out loud and she took off her top and stuff and said she feels bugs on her back and stuff and told me to check....

They way she took it off was seductive, in my opinion and she only had her bra and it was like a half bra....? Like ones where you only see the top of the breast...

I said "NO." Because I had a feelig in my stomach that she was going to ask for sex, after years of warning me about rape... She called me selfish and slapped me with a wooden spoon, she's even started hitting me in shops and everyone just watches. Her breaths stinks too, I have to cover my nose and stuff, and she keeps clearing her throat I think she might have throat cancer.

My whole family is like her, even my Dad who called me stupid and I stopped seeing him before HE GOT sexually excited.

I'm severly bullied because of my ethicity, I have no good friends, the ones I have are nasty to me but they are too frightened to be REALLY MEAN TO ME.

My Mum has nasty teeth and she asked me to look at her teeth and stuff to seee what colour they were and stuff for this teeth whitening thing and stuff and I said "No." because I have a fear of holes and weird patterns put together and they make me feel uncomftable and I felt like she was sxually excited again.

I'm frightened of going into care, I don't WANT to. However, if I saw a social worker or something without my Mum's permission I would. However she's racist to anyone who's NOT Jamacian even though she doesn't have the accent and has a British accent like I do.

She threatens me and says that the police will put me in care and I'll get raped and drugged and all that... I'm waiting do my GCSE'S and then I'll probably have friends in college, after I'll move to Japan. My plan was to wait till I was eighteen and then move house with a friend/ partner, Then report it to the police and have her locked.

Unfortunatly, she's blocked off my pocket money and I REALLY need a new bag and a pencil case, I only have to pens and some equipment for my graphics class....

My actual school is nasty too, I called childline and she rushed it and said just to call back again....

I don't know what to do... There's more but.... I can't study my languages because she doesn't buy me any text books that can help me....

Please help me! I get beaten everyday.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited by Hypothesis.; January 23rd 2018 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Just letting you know this was double posted so I removed one. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My abusive Mum - January 25th 2018, 04:52 AM

Hello,

I am glad that you reached out to us. I am really sorry that you are dealing with all of this. I know that being abused can be difficult to deal with and it can lead to a lot of distress and suicidal thinking. I want you to know that you have done nothing to deserve this treatment. I do think the best course of action would be to try and notify child services and try and get out of the house. You need to be in an environment where you are not beaten on a daily basis and where you are having your needs met such as having supplies for school, food etc. It does not seem like you are being provided with these things and on top of that you are being abused. I know reaching out to child services might be difficult but hopefully they will be able to intervene and keep you safe. We have some hotlines that you might want to look into in order to get some support. ( http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/). We also have a resource page that might be worth looking into. ( http://www.teenhelp.org/resources/). It might be a good idea for you to try and find the number for child services in your area so that you could consider talking to them and, hopefully, receive support from them.

Best regards,
Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: My abusive Mum - January 30th 2018, 08:56 PM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DimGray"][SIZE="3"]Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are being abused. You don't deserve to be treated that way at all. It must be hard enough living with pica, and your mum doesn't seem to be very understanding of how pica affects you at all.

I understand that the prospect of going into care can seem scary, especially if your mum says you'll get raped and drugged. Sometimes care is a last resort when professionals try to help families, other times, it's in the best interests of the child. You don't deserve to be beaten or abused, and you do deserve to live without the fear of being abused.

I agree with what's already been said in that it's best to talk to a social worker if possible. If you don't know how to do that, you can talk to a teacher at school instead. They legally have to report abuse, and that will get forwarded to social services.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread