TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Unhappy dealing with the worst people - February 27th 2018, 05:36 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Life is complete and utter bullshit. Like, there's so manny people I know that are arrogant, egotistical, self-righteous, narcissistic, mean, and just uncaring. These people are just so shitty, and yet they get everything they want while being shitty to others. Like this one person I know is a complete shithead, but has lots of friends, is smart, strong, good at sport and has a girlfriend ffs. And I'm over here struggling to deal with these guys, and it's really pushing me to the edge. I'm so pissed off right now I could literally go and hit my brother in the face with a pan.

(Before you say anything involving ignoring them, I have to go to school with them and they're in my classes, so that's out of the picture.)

Please help me out because I really don't know what to do. Greatly appreciated. Thanks ;^)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: dealing with the worst people - March 1st 2018, 01:55 AM

Hey there,

I don't know that there is a lot of advice for a situation like this. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who are not kind who others but still end up having a lot of great things in life such as friends, being good at sports etc. It is not an issue that can be ignored and as you get older you will probably notice it in other areas such as with co-workers and acquaintances.

The best piece of advice I can give is that even if someone has a lot of great things going for them it doesn't mean that things will continue to go great and it doesn't mean that with time you cannot start experiencing good things as well. You are in high school and high school does suck. I think as you get older and are able to branch out by going to college, getting a job or getting involved with more people you will start encountering decent people as well. These people that are good can help to give a different perspective on life.

Life definitely isn't fair and I think we have to try and focus on our own success instead of the success of others. It is hard to do and I think social media makes it even harder but it is possible. There are probably some things that you are excelling at in life and it's likely that as you get older you will start to find more things that you excel at. It is likely that you can be just as successful as the guys you are dealing with right now.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Honeybadger40 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Honey

Re: dealing with the worst people - March 2nd 2018, 12:46 AM

Hey there.

I'm not really sure there's a lot you can do in these situations. It's difficult and frustrating but sadly sometimes dealing with mean people is just a fact of life. It's especially hard seeing these kind of people suceed despite being rather unkind.

But I think all you can really do is try to spend as little time as possible with these people and instead focus on individuals that do have a positive impact on you and your life. I know you have to go to school with them so it's not possible to ignore them altogether, but keep your distance from them when and where you can and try not to think about them when you're not around them. Focus instead on people and activities that bring you happiness. Also, remember that just because it seems like they've got it all on the surface, you don't know what they're actually feeling on the inside and they probably have plenty of problems and worries they just don't tell others about for fear of spoiling the image they are trying to present. Even if that's not the case, it's unlikely all these friendships and relationships will last if they really are nasty people. Others will see through it eventually. I felt like you a lot when I was at high school. But since leaving two years ago I've realised a lot of the idiots I had to put up with there were basically already at their peak in high school and things only went down hill from them after we left and moved on, whereas things have improved for me and others.

Also, try not to worry about what other people are doing and achieving and focus on yourself. Comparing yourself to other people is rarely helpful or productive. Stay focused on your own accomplishments - they're much more important.

Good luck!

Closed Thread