TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Sister asking about masterbating - February 28th 2018, 04:42 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Ok. The other day my youngest sister caught me masterbating. Im a girl. So she been asking me a lot questions and wants me to explain how to do it or she going tell parents. She is 10. Is she to young to explain to. Saying that i started at about 7 or 8. Help or advice welcomed.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Sister asking about masterbating - February 28th 2018, 07:04 PM

[COLOR="Black"]my younger brothers have found a couple of my sex toys and closed doors mean absolutely nothing in my household, so i can definitely empathize and understand what you are feeling.

i don't think she's too young to talk to about this, however, i also don't think it's right to explain how to do it for her. that's something we can't even do here on TH. you could just tell her that she needs to figure it out for herself like you did. but something just seems wrong about explaining that to a young person, let alone, a relative.
however, i like to be open to conversations about sex if my brothers have any questions, because my parents have never given any of us the talk or mentioned anything about it, so i want them to have a reliable source for questions about that since they will obviously never have it with our parents. as your sister gets older you could try to shift these types of conversations into something like that, which would answer her questions while still keeping up with some boundaries on information that is too personal.

she most likely won't tell your parents. my brothers threatened to do the same thing and they never did. think about how you would feel in her shoes. the threat of telling your parents is easy to make, but when you really make the move to go up to them and tell them something so private and personal about someone else, it can bring on a lot of uncomfortable feelings, and so you probably wouldn't go through with actually telling them.
and even if she does tell them, your parents are people too, i'm sure they're not going to sit there and pretend masturbation is unheard of and unnatural. they most likely won't even bring it up with you. yes, the entire situation is extremely awkward and i'm so sorry that it ever came up. it can be very frustrating and upsetting to deal with, but i promise you that it will pass.[/COLOR]

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Sister asking about masterbating - February 28th 2018, 11:26 PM

Hey there,

In my opinion she is not too young to be interested in learning about masturbation. I don't think there would be anything wrong with you talking to her about it but it probably is not a good idea for you to show/tell her how to do it. My suggestion would be that you talk to her about it and let her know that she can google suggestions on how to do it. Researching the topic would probably be a more effective way for her to learn how to do it.

I agree that she might not end up telling your parents. If she does it might not be a huge deal because there are some parents who are aware that as their children get older they will start exploring things like masturbation. Your parents are people who have probably been where you are and experienced what you are to a degree. So, it is possible that if they find out they won't see it as a big deal.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread