TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Don't want to go on!! - September 7th 2018, 04:52 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I hurt so much. Just want to cut because of the pain I'm in. Can't help myself or others. Want to stop. How am I going to be ok when I can't talk with my parents or others? I feel so I don't know anymore. I should just give into the self harm. Maybe I'm worthless.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Don't want to go on!! - September 9th 2018, 09:38 PM

Hey there,

You are not worthless. You sound like someone who is dealing with a lot and it sounds like you are doing the best you can to try and make it through. I know things are difficult right now but please hang in there because I believe that things can improve. You mention that you are unable to talk to your parents and I am wondering why? Is it not safe to talk to them or are you struggling with the best way to be open to them about your struggles? If you are struggling to communicate with them maybe you could try and write them a letter to try and let them know all the things you are going through. It is possible that talking to your parents could help you get to a better place because you could get help via a therapist or something like that.

If you'd feel comfortable, you could share a bit more about the things that are going on in your life that are making things so hard. It might help for you to have a safe place like Teenhelp to discuss your thoughts and feelings. We can try and support you through this.

You mention that you feel like you aren't able to help other people and I realize how difficult it can be to feel as though you aren't helping others. However, you can't help people all the time and while that is difficult it definitely doesn't make you a bad person or worthless, it makes you human. I know, in the past, there have been times when I have been unable to help people due to my own struggles and I did feel badly but I realized that it was okay to take a step back from helping people in order to help myself. It is possible that if you take time to help yourself that you will be able to get back to a place where you feel like you can help people.

Please try and be gentle with yourself. I know that might be hard to do but, from experience, it's likely that the harder you are on yourself the worse you will start to feel. Be kind to yourself because you deserve that kindness.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread