TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Big Rant... - October 4th 2018, 07:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I just wanted to rant. Some about family, friends, and relationships, and life in general

So I used to be very close with this one girl. Me and her used to be inseparable. Yin and Yang. We're just so close. And ever since she joined raiders, me and her have been distancing. We're no longer as close, we don't even text anymore. But once we're in church, we're close. But after we leave, distant. And I don't want to lose her.

Now there's this boy...the perfecting opening sentence LOL
So me and this boy (call him by his sign, Cap) Cap, we were on and off since February. We stopped In June, and then in July, I figured he has a girlfriend, but since July, he has been cheating on her with me since. And they broke up last Friday. Now he has a new girlfriend. They been together since Monday...and I'm really jealous. Me and him are both sophomores, and he wanted a freshman. Me and him were really close. I loved talking to him. We talked about everything. And anything. We were there for each other at any time of the day. But since Monday, we just stopped talking. And it kills me. That he loves this girl. It kills me that we were not what we used to be. The only text I got today was "It's fine" and that is not like us. It's not. And it isn't fair. I loved that asshat, and it's just over...like that. And let alone im really attached to him bc we have had sex so the attachment for that is so much and so hard to let go.

But I know I need to move on. It's been 8 months. He is very toxic, but I just can't seem to let go.

I have some issues at home. I'm very attached to my phone and it's always by my side. But I got grounded a few days or two, and now my parents are taking my phones on nights and on the weekends and it's driving me crazy bc they wont tell me on how long it's gonna last. I don't hang out with anyone anyways, so the no hanging out with people is understandable and I'm okay with that. But my phone bill is due in a few days and I'm afraid to mention it to my parents, I'm afraid they will just let it go out of service and that will mess with me even more.

School. I hate school. My grades are good, my lowest is a 80%. But I'm struggling to make friends :/

And I cant smoke anymore. And I have been tempting to cut for a while now. Just to relive pain. Cause of my friend and the relationship, and this groundation. But it'll make things worse but I've been tempted to do it for a while now. It's just so uyfhnskql32jnw

But thanks for allowing me to rant...any advice is aparticated[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Big Rant... - October 15th 2018, 08:03 PM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="DimGray"][SIZE="3"]Hey there! Sorry you haven't received a reply yet, but I hope the ranting helped a bit!

Sorry to hear about your friend being distant. It's hard when you used to be so close and notice that you are more distant these days. Maybe you can try striking up a conversation with her, or asking if she wants to hang out. If these things don't help, you might want to try asking her about the distance (but use 'I' statements like 'I feel we aren't as close as we used to be' as this helps to avoid blame) and let her know that you miss her.

I'm also sorry to hear about this guy too. Even though you realise his behaviour and cheating was toxic, it's understandable that you'd be jealous over the new girl, feel sad about the break-up and wish things were different. You mention that you've recently stopped talking and I'm wondering how you feel about that? Some people find it helpful to get some distance from their ex and perhaps not talking can help with that. Avoiding reminders such as social media profile and pictures may also help. It may take time, but the feelings will ease. And remember, there's plenty more fish in the sea!

Did you mention the phone bill to your parents? Even though they have grounded you and taken your phone off you, it would be more inconvenient if it went out of service. Perhaps you could find a way to contribute towards the phone bill? If it did go out of service, it would be frustrating, but it's possible to get it sorted and up and running again.

It's good to hear that your grades are good in school. But I understand it can feel really lonely if you struggle to make friends. What have you tried so far? Maybe you can talk to the person next to you in class or find lunchtime/after school clubs that you might be interested in? Keep trying, you deserve friends!

When things feel overwhelming, it can be tempting to engage in unhealthy behavior whether that's smoking or cutting. Maybe you can find ways of distracting yourself when you feel the urge? You might want to check out some alternatives ideas here: http://www.teenhelp.org/alternatives/

As bad as things feel right now, remember these things will pass![/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread