TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Am I nuts for wanting to do this with my sister? - April 10th 2019, 12:53 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Okay, here's the deal. I'm a 15 year old girl with a 10 year old sister. Despite the age gap, we get along really well. We're also big fans of Full House. We caught a few reruns on TV and after that we were hooked. I actually got the entire series on DVD for Christmas.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago we were watching that one episode where DJ and Stephanie get handcuffed together by Kimmy and are stuck that way because she doesn't have the key. We started talking about what it would be like if we were stuck together like that and wondering how we would fare. Our mom was in the room and started laughing, saying she'd be willing to buy us a pair of handcuffs if we really wanted to find out.

So here's the plan we came up with. On Saturday morning, once we're up and dressed, we'll handcuff ourselves together. Mom will hold the keys and has agreed to keep them from us and to not give them up until 24 hours have passed. Until then, we'll be doing everything together. Before anyone asks, we've figured out how we'll handle the bathroom issue, so that won't be a problem!

Mom ordered a pair of handcuffs from Amazon and they arrived in the mail today. So we're all set for this weekend. I hope I'm not nuts for wanting to go through with this. I think this could be fun. I hope so. I definitely think it'll be challenging. Plus, the cuffs are here so I feel kinda obligated now. Does anyone think I should chicken out? Should we go for it? Is there any reason why we shouldn't?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
michaelks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I nuts for wanting to do this with my sister? - April 10th 2019, 10:35 AM

Maybe you need to appeal to a doctor, dude.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Am I nuts for wanting to do this with my sister? - April 11th 2019, 08:23 PM

[FONT="System"][COLOR="Sienna"][SIZE="3"][B]I do and don't see a problem with this. Imagine you're both handcuffed together and one of you slips and falls. What if one falls on the other? What if one slips down the stairs? One will pull the other down with them and that could be dangerous. What if one doesn't want to take part in the challenge anymore? Are both of you willing to respect this? Boundaries need to be set, and both of you need to be supervised. You are 15, but your sister is 10. That's a 5 year age gap. While she may think all of this is great fun, she may not realise the dangers of being handcuffed to her older sister for 24 hours. All she will see is the fun of it.

Not only that, what was seen was under a controlled environment. Your home and situation is not the same to that of what was seen on a DVD. Your mother would have to supervise you for the majority of the time in case something happens. Again, you are 15, your sister is 10.

If you're 100% sure you've covered all the risks, your 10 year old sister is fully aware of the dangers involved, and you're both completely sure that you're able to communicate THAT well with each other, then I don't see an issue with doing it.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Am I nuts for wanting to do this with my sister? - April 12th 2019, 12:04 AM

I was actually a bit worried opening this thinking I was going to be reading about your sexual feelings towards your younger sister and to not see that brings me relief.

Look, wanting to handcuff yourself to your sister, yeah, it's kind of weird, but I mostly see a situation where you're humouring a younger who thinks this would be funny. As long as there are reasonable boundaries -- like you guys remove the cuffs to go to the bathroom and aren't putting yourself into a situation where you might be injured -- I think it'll be ok. You're mom is is on it, and worst case scenario, just ask to have the key.

However, if your uncomfortable, maybe privately ask your mom if she'll do it instead to humour your sister.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Am I nuts for wanting to do this with my sister? - April 18th 2019, 07:50 PM

[COLOR="SlateGray"]As others have said, there's really nothing wrong or "nuts" with wanting to do this. Just be safe (which the adult supervision should mostly cover) and it'll be fine. You're both young and get along well enough to even want to do a challenge like this, it'll be fine.[/COLOR]

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
Closed Thread