TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
isanyone Offline
Isanyonethere
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,311, Level: 12 Points: 7,311, Level: 12 Points: 7,311, Level: 12

Lonely - April 22nd 2012, 07:58 AM

I'm really lonely. I'll be 17 in a month and a half and I've never had a girlfriend. I've never kissed a girl, held hands, or anything. Every Saturday I sit in my room alone wishing there was someone here with me. I feel like such a loser all the time. I feel like a pathetic hideous little worm. Every time I look in a mirror I want to break it and slice my face off because I feel so ugly. Sometimes I wonder if a girl will ever like me, and the answer is probably no. I'm unattractive and awkward and its always going to be that way. I wish I could feel a girl's embrace, romantically holding each other, like we're the only two in the world. Or a kiss, a soft kiss, physically letting each other know how much we care. But no one cares about me, I'm going to be alone next weekend too, and the weekend after that, and the weekend after that, and so on, while everyone else is on a date. Oh well, maybe one day, maybe.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Megan C Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Points: 7,450, Level: 12 Points: 7,450, Level: 12 Points: 7,450, Level: 12

Re: Lonely - April 22nd 2012, 08:18 AM

hey there

all those feeling are not going to last, dont really know what to say because im not in your position but maybe if you try to stop thinking negitivly about yourself, and maybe try becoming close friends with girls to see if it'll lead somewhere, or go out, meet new people, im pretty sure you'll find someone who will love you for who you are

xxx
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
justaskingD Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: danayt

Points: 7,300, Level: 12 Points: 7,300, Level: 12 Points: 7,300, Level: 12

Re: Lonely - April 22nd 2012, 05:53 PM

i used to think like that but once i started to get out that thought by stating to talk to new people everyday at school and stop that insecurity i had and believed "everything is possible if you just open your mind up to it" & "anyone would be lucky to have you" they are both true cause everyone has their own features that differs them from others but mostly i think you need to go out more, just take a walk to the park and you'll meet some of the people you see at your school or college and just spend a bit time
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Points: 11,340, Level: 15 Points: 11,340, Level: 15 Points: 11,340, Level: 15

Re: Lonely - April 22nd 2012, 09:57 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling this way, it must be so lousy. :/
First, I completely get the feeling of not being cared about, attractive, ect. Everyone has felt like that at one point or another!
My best advice would be to change your attitude about things. It may be hard to do this when you feel so crummy about yourself, but you should approach people. Talk to people. Make friends! (Not as easy as it sounds, but if you get out there and start trying it will come!)
I am sure that there is someone out there that is right for you, and you will never find that girl if you dont go looking.
"Take chances, make mistakes."

As for loneliness, there are things to do to get out of the house besides being with a girl.
Could you get a job? volunteer? Maybe taking your mind off of things will help give you a fresh start.

Good luck, I hope this helped in some way. You wont feel like this forever, this is just right now and you can do something about it.

Shelby

Closed Thread