TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17 Points: 14,160, Level: 17

lonely - May 14th 2012, 12:25 AM

I feel like my friends all like each other more than they like me and I feel super lonely. I know that I am a nice person which is why I just don't understand this! It also bothers me when no one posts on my facebook wall. How do I not let this bring me down?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: lonely - May 14th 2012, 01:01 AM

Hey there, I moved this over to Friends&Family because it relates more here.
First of all, its just Facebook. Just because nobody posts on your wall doesn't mean that your friends don't like you. Very rarely do me and my friends even post on each others walls. If you want someone to post on yours, maybe post on theirs first and they'll do it back?
I also have a question, what do your friends do to make you feel like they don't like you as much? If they're still inviting you to hang out and are still talking to you, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Its easy to feel left out, so I can relate with you there. But don't let it convince you that your friends don't like you as much. Maybe have a talk with them and let them know how you feel? They may not even realize that you're upset.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Julia

Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16

Re: lonely - May 14th 2012, 03:40 AM

I've felt that before. I wonder a lot if the people at school like me any. Usually i'm the one that is picked last for partner work and the only one at a table for the longest time if we get to choose what tables to sit at. It sucks babe=( I know it does. I bet you are a nice person, people are just odd sometimes. I would do what Nicole suggested and post on their wall and then if you feel like they are ignoring you or leaving you out, tell them about it. They may not be doing anything about it because they don't know you feel this way. You can also always talk to me=)

Closed Thread