TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KeyofHeart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa

Points: 7,474, Level: 12 Points: 7,474, Level: 12 Points: 7,474, Level: 12

I'm lonely. - February 25th 2013, 11:26 PM

Even though my riends love me.
Damn it, anxiety. Social anxiety. I feel like im being judged and I just can't bring myself to say hi to some people sometimes.
I've started to self-harm last month and I almost hung myself but I didn't. I didn't tell anyone except a few best friends. The reason why I almost did was because I felt so invisible even though I have the most amazing friends in my life and I don't neessarily go through bullying- I have body image/somewhat an eating disorder and I've been trying to recover.
It's so complicated- my frineds will think im all emo and stuff, but it is scientifially proven that cutting does help to cope by releasing endorphins. So... This is my way to cope. I've told most of my friends that are girls , but they are trying to get me to stop. I'm so confused right now and I just sit there and cry every night while SHing.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lil sis Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: no name

Points: 13,597, Level: 16 Points: 13,597, Level: 16 Points: 13,597, Level: 16

Re: I'm lonely. - February 26th 2013, 04:40 AM

Hay there you can talk to me all you want. I know I can't fix you're problems for you but I sure as heck will give you a freinnd PM me if you want to talk. Remember that God is with you he will guide you if you open your heart to him. Also I will give you a friend request. I may only be 12 but I will try to help also any of the people I have friended are really good at helping and lissioning. I'm here don't cry
Stay stronge.

Delete this account
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lil sis Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: no name

Points: 13,597, Level: 16 Points: 13,597, Level: 16 Points: 13,597, Level: 16

Re: I'm lonely. - February 26th 2013, 04:42 AM

I'm hear I will help u

Delete this account
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26

Re: I'm lonely. - February 26th 2013, 06:42 AM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. I suffer from social anxiety myself, and one thing I can tell you straight off is that you're lucky you have friends in the first place. They can be more of a help than you may think in this situation, as they can assist you in building your confidence in social situations. Also, try to keep in mind that your fear of people judging you is unrealistic. They're really not that interested, they're more worried about themselves!

I think the feeling of invisibility could be down to the social anxiety as well. I mean, I've felt worthless and hopeless before, and all of it could be tied in to my problems mixing with other people. I didn't have supportive friends or anything, I was on my own.

Yes, cutting does release endorphins and make you feel better temporarily, but there are better ways to cope that give you the same effect. You should look at the Alternatives to Self Harm thread which is stickied to the SH forum. You could find something else that helps you cope with negative feelings and keeps you from self harming.

Hope I helped. Best of luck with getting this sorted out. Feel free to contact me if you ever need help again.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,692, Level: 12 Points: 6,692, Level: 12 Points: 6,692, Level: 12

Re: I'm lonely. - February 26th 2013, 08:27 AM

IF YOU NEED TO TALK I AM HERE...MAYBE I MAY NOT BE THE BEST PERSON TO TALK TO SINCE I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING... IF NOT WORSE....HOWEVER I DO FEEL THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN GET YOUR PROBLEMS IS SOMEONE WHO IS GOING OR WENT THROUGH IT AS WELL...INBOX ME I WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO HELP YOU

MISUNDERSTOOD LIFEAND I NEED A
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm lonely. - February 26th 2013, 08:28 AM

Please dont harm yourself... there is a reason god kept you on this earth for so long ...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm lonely. - February 26th 2013, 08:29 AM

if anyone .. HE LOVES YOU .. not to get all spiritual but its true.. this is what I needed to learn as well to keep from taking my own life

Closed Thread