TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
liberty9331 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Libby

Points: 7,784, Level: 12 Points: 7,784, Level: 12 Points: 7,784, Level: 12

Lonely and Unsure - July 29th 2013, 01:01 AM

Hi guys.

I posted a little over a month ago regarding my depression and suicidal ideations. I have since participated in a day hospital program and have begun to feel a bit better.

However, one of the things I'm still struggling with is my sexuality. I'm either a lesbian or bi (not entirely sure yet), but either way, I'm not straight. I often struggle with feelings of loneliness, but I still don't think I'm completely ready for a relationship. I'm in a really awkward place. I don't want to jump into a relationship with anyone before I'm ready, because I don't want anyone to end up getting hurt. So I guess I just want to know how to deal with the loneliness that feels so heavy sometimes.

Any thoughts?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Lonely and Unsure - July 29th 2013, 01:14 AM

Hey there,

Does your nearby town have a gay-straight alliance, LGBT+ support group, or similar program? Even if you're not ready to date, you can still make friends with some of the people in the LGBT+ community, which may help knowing that you have some support around you from people who understand what you are going through. You can make friends with them and even hang out with them as well, which may help ease up on things.

Also remind yourself that even though you may not be in a relationship right at this moment, your time definitely will come! I know it may be difficult sometimes for people in the LGBT+ community, but you definitely won't be alone forever and someone will come your way, maybe even when you least expect it.

Know that you can be happy even without a relationship. You don't have to force yourself into a relationship when you're not ready, so maybe you can surround yourself with friends and family and enjoy their company as well.

Try and find ways to express your emotions as well, such as through writing and art. At least that way, not everything will be pent up inside.

I'm also really proud of you for seeking help with the depression you're going through, you should be very proud.

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
malikslover Offline
wow i'm really inactive
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Christine

Points: 6,730, Level: 12 Points: 6,730, Level: 12 Points: 6,730, Level: 12

Re: Lonely and Unsure - July 29th 2013, 06:01 PM

Hi darling! I'm in the same situation as you are right now. I like girls, but I'm not ready for a relationship, but I feel lonely. I just want to say it's OKAY to be alone. I've been single for a year now and still feel lonely at times. Missing that feeling of being loved is okay. It's normal to feel this way, especially when you're questioning if you like girls or not. It took me a while to figure that out, but once I did, I realized a lot of other people were in my situation as well, and that I wasn't alone on questioning my sexuality.

Sorry if this didnt help, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk or anything. Stay strong boo! X
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread