TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hide The Scars Offline
Moved to a new town again :(
Not a n00b

Name: Kaydence

Points: 10,265, Level: 14 Points: 10,265, Level: 14 Points: 10,265, Level: 14

I feel lonely all the time - April 26th 2009, 06:40 AM

But I'm not, I have my family, and they all support me, with only one exception. And I have friends too, and they support me too, but I still feel lonely and depressed, and I don't know why...
For as long as I can remember I've felt this way, except for some times when I just get really angry and I feel like breaking anything I can get ahold of.
I want it to stop, I'll do anything to make it stop, but my doctor isn't really helping very much, I even tried drugs and I feel stupid for it, but it didn't help anyways.
I just want to forget everything that's happened, and just move on with life and be happy, but sometimes I think it'll never happen.
Sometimes I think that suicide is the best option, but I don't want to do it, but I think about it all the time. I tried it once, and it made everyone around me so sad that I just don't think I could do it again, I don't want to hurt people and make them feel how I feel, I just want to be happy for once and live like nothing is wrong.
I just want to be like everyone else.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; April 26th 2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added a triggering pre-fix :]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Points: 14,118, Level: 17 Points: 14,118, Level: 17 Points: 14,118, Level: 17

Re: I feel lonely all the time - April 27th 2009, 03:58 AM

Hey Kaydence (cool name, by the way),

sorry to hear about what's up. It's really great that you posted, though. Asking for help is definitely a way to start moving towards getting better.

You mentioned that your family and friends mostly support you - have you told any of them about not really feeling that you're getting better? You could try mentioning that to your doctor, too. Or if the one you're with right now really isn't helpful, could you ask your parents about maybe trying a new one? I know that sometimes just finding the right doctor or therapist or whatever that you feel comfortable and "progressive" with can really help a lot.

Hang in there
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Points: 11,749, Level: 15 Points: 11,749, Level: 15 Points: 11,749, Level: 15

Re: I feel lonely all the time - April 27th 2009, 04:53 PM

Hi Kaydence,

Suicide is never the best option. Let me ask you something, even though you feel alone and as if no one cares about you, do you care about your friends and family? If you do you can't take away your life, because instead of erasing the pain you will hand it to them. I'm sure you don't want to do that to anyone.

That being said it can be so hard to hang on when nothing seems okay, when it seems as if things will never change. I want to urge you to keep fighting, to try a new medication, a new form of therapy. Rescue is possible, and there is a treatment that will work for you alright? You are not alone, no matter what you feel, I'm right here and so are many others who care about you.

Feeling lonely is an awful feeling but I hope you find comfort in the fact that you are an incredibly strong person and that this feeling will not last forever. PM anytime.

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.Jess. Offline
Previously xxjessxx
Average Joe

Name: Jess

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: I feel lonely all the time - April 27th 2009, 05:24 PM

Hey!
I think the fact that you have recognised that there is something wrong with the lifestyle you are leading is really positive. A lot of the time if you are suffering with depression it can be hard to admit to the fact that the way you are living is wrong and that something needs to be done to change it for the better. The first step to helping yourself and getting things back on track is being able to admit the problem.

Within depression it can be so easy to slip into the thought process of thinking nothing but bad things about yourself and your life but I think it's really important to try and let yourself think about the positive things in you life and the things you have going for you. I can see at least 3 things in your post that are positive and I don't even know you, so I am sure there are plenty more too, how would you feel about thinking through some of those good things?

I know all that ^^ sounds a bit lame but it really does work. You just have to change your mind frame and the way you are thinking. It's worth a shot isn't it?

If you feel your GP isn't helping you then to be honest I think you should tell him. It's their job to make you feel better and to offer you the services you need. I definitely think it would benefit you if you could, what do you think?

Taking your own life is never the way to go, things can never get so bad that they can't be changed. Things can always be put right and you told us you want to be happy, you can be happy, you can, it is possible you just need to get over these hurdles and I'm telling you that's more then possible. Look after yourself
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hide The Scars Offline
Moved to a new town again :(
Not a n00b

Name: Kaydence

Points: 10,265, Level: 14 Points: 10,265, Level: 14 Points: 10,265, Level: 14

Re: I feel lonely all the time - April 28th 2009, 05:59 AM

I do try to think more positively, my old therapist told me to do that, but it's hard. Every time I try to think about happy thoughts and good things and all that kind of stuff I think of things that have happened. I keep trying to not think about them and to block them out but it's like no matter how hard I try I keep remembering those bad times and the things people have done to me. No matter how hard I try to not think of it it keeps coming up in my mind, even when I'm trying to do other things or homework or anything the memories just keep popping back up.
No matter what I try to do I can't not think of the bad things.
Closed Thread