TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Feeling lonely at home - March 2nd 2019, 10:42 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hi teenagers,

I'm a girl in my last year of high school. And I often feel a little lonely. 3 years ago I had almost no friends left at school. I had one friend outside of school and now she is still my closest friend. But i still feel lonely. At school I talk to a lot of people, but not outside of school. That's why i don't feel lonely at school. I'd rather be at school than at home, not many people will say that. This week we don't have to go to school, so I'am stuck at home this week. Apart from hanging out on 2 days with 2 different friends. But those girls aren't from my school. And there was this girl I maybe wanted to hang out with but she reads my text really late and she didn't answer when I send :have a nice break! So I guess the friendly interest is kinda one sided. But that really did Hurt a little because i could really talk with her at school for a long time and we would laugh very a lot. But maybe she sees me as an only at school friend. And another girl is also like that, but i kinda like that girl romantically. Yes I'm not straight. So I assume she isn't into me, but i heard she is also into girls. So i talk to many people, but they don't seem that interested. They all have their own friendgroups and I haven't got one. And now I'm here feeling lonely at my house. They are partying or stuff like that with their friends and i'm home alone. I don't drink alcohol yet so that's also why i'm not at one of those parties. Do you have any advice for getting more social or otherwise decreasing the feeling of loneliness.

Thank you for reading,

A girl who has almost finished high school[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,399, Level: 46 Points: 107,399, Level: 46 Points: 107,399, Level: 46

Re: Feeling lonely at home - March 3rd 2019, 04:43 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp. Thank you so much for coming on and telling us about this, also you did a great job asking for help with this. Please be proud of yourself for coming on and asking for help with this and saying what you have been going through. I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and hope you will be okay soon.

Your we're saying that you have friends at school but not outside of school. Do you have anyone who lives around you who is close to your age? If you do, would you be able to go and talk to them and ask if they would like to hang out with you? Or go and do something with you. Or go to the mall or rent a movie or get some pizza or anything that you enjoy doing. Or see if you can join a club outside of school and you will be able to make more friends. Do you like to draw or take pictures or read? If you do see if they have any drawing classes or a photography class or go to the library and see if you can join a book club and you can meet other people, start talking to them. Then you will be able to hang out with them too. See if they would like to do something with you. I know that it can be hard to just start talking to people who we do not know, but if you have the same interests then you can start talking about that.

When you do not get invited to a party do your best not to get upset. Ask one of them if they would like to do something with you and see what they say back. When you are upset try to do something to get your mind off of this for a while, going for a walk around your house or putting on music or funny TV shows or reading or doing something that you enjoy doing. I hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread