TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wiccan_lad Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tom

Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14

Angry Lonely - August 3rd 2009, 05:42 AM

Hey guys, recently I've just been feeling so very lonely, like I'll never find my "special someone." my friends keep saying that I'll find him one day, but right now, it's just hard. i was wondering if you guys feel the same way and how you deal with it.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Points: 14,202, Level: 17 Points: 14,202, Level: 17 Points: 14,202, Level: 17

Re: Lonely - August 3rd 2009, 05:45 AM

I'm sure we all worry about this kind at one point or another. While it tends to get really tough to deal with, you need to believe that you will find that someone special. That individual is out there but you must be patient and wait for him. The second you stop looking and become comfortable with yourself - as a single individual - is the moment he will walk into your life.

I know it may seem like a lost cause at some points and believe me, I feel like this at times too; like I said, we all do. You must develop the confidence and believe that this special person will walk into your life one day and when that day comes, all of the waiting will be more than worth it. Keep hanging in there and enjoy life. You'll meet your special someone one day, I promise.

SUP BRO.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23

Re: Lonely - August 3rd 2009, 01:20 PM

Hey there,

Oh lawdy - I feel the same way every so often. In fact, I think everyone feels this way at least occasionally, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and whatever else you can think of it. I think it's just a natural human thing, you know?

With that said, because it is so ... common [is that the word I'm looking for?] to feel this way, I don't know if there's a particular method to combat it, if you will. I guess that we should just try not to make a void in our lives that can only be filled by a romantic partner, if that makes sense.

It's kind of comforting to think about how one day, I hopefully WILL be with someone that I'm meant to be with, and when that time comes, it will have been worth it to wait for that person and not give up on love. I don't know. I wish I could tell you more, but I'm still figuring it out myself. [:

Take care, and best of luck with all of this.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
derektrainwreck Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,181, Level: 14 Points: 9,181, Level: 14 Points: 9,181, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - August 5th 2009, 04:06 PM

i cry everynight because i'm scared no one will ever love me.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jackaloo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Carter

Points: 9,346, Level: 14 Points: 9,346, Level: 14 Points: 9,346, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - August 18th 2009, 06:17 AM

No worries bro, you're young and still have high school and college to enjoy. One of my best girl friends told our broken hearted friend this: "High school is all about finding your brides maids. College is when you find your husband." I think she made a pretty true statement there. So I guess just be patient, but more importantly, yourself. Cause that's who you want that special someone to fall in love with right?
I know how you feel though. I have those scary days too :/
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MaroonLove Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kate

Points: 10,388, Level: 14 Points: 10,388, Level: 14 Points: 10,388, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - August 18th 2009, 06:43 AM

Don't be so discouraged. There is someone out there for every one

Proud member of the LGBT community.
<3 Taken 02/13/'12
PM Me
We come to find love not by finding
a perfect person but by learning to
see an imperfect person, perfectly.
When something important is going on, silence is a lie
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
LittleMsFOB Offline
"The short, odd one"
Average Joe

Points: 10,871, Level: 15 Points: 10,871, Level: 15 Points: 10,871, Level: 15

Re: Lonely - August 21st 2009, 03:27 AM

Hi
Oh my god, I feel the same way all the time. I think most everyone does, just the human condition. You'll find the right person eventually, then all this suckish emotion will fade into nothingness... that's what I'm hoping lol. Talk to friends, write about it, listen to music, try to be happy with life. If you are a happy, confident person then the chances are even better that special someone will come along and be drawn to your personality
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
wiccan_lad Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tom

Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14 Points: 9,589, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - August 21st 2009, 03:35 AM

Wow, thanks everyone! Seeing all of you replies makes me feel a little better, seeing how I'm not the only one feeling this way. I really liked that quote about how in high school you find ur bridesmaid, but in college you find your husband. i think that can be very true. Plus, reading gay teen novels, and movies/documentaries helps me feel a little less alone as well. I finished reading Boy Meets Boy, and looooved it. And I just watched Camp Out, a documentary about a gay christian teen camp.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount84

Edit avatar

Re: Lonely - August 21st 2009, 11:06 AM

Most people don't find 'the one' in their teens, and it makes sense in many cases that even less gay teens would, as many people aren't even out till their late teens. As said, try to learn to be happy in yourself, to be complete and happy when you are single, don't try find a relationship to fill that. Someone will come along, but till then, remember you are young, you have your whole life ahead of you, there is still plenty of time left.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Lord Reckoner Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,225, Level: 14 Points: 9,225, Level: 14 Points: 9,225, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - August 22nd 2009, 01:44 AM

sumtimes mate it takes time but that will make him even more special wen you find him. be strong you will find sumone
Closed Thread