TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lonely-Reject Offline
Slightly Odd =]
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jo.

Points: 10,592, Level: 15 Points: 10,592, Level: 15 Points: 10,592, Level: 15

Thumbs down Lonely? - January 15th 2010, 05:47 PM

Ugh -.-
Im only 14, but all the other girls i know have had many serious relationships, and a ton of people my age, like my mates and stuff have lost their virginity. when all i have had is two VERY short lasting boyfriends, literally 13 days, then 4 days. I havnt gone further than kissing a guy, and ugh.
I just feel so lonely, i really want a guy to just love me and be with me, but im useless with guys and no one likes me
So, i feel like a reject
Is it weird for me to not have had a relationship? since i am in year 10 now (i dont know what grade that is in america xD) and everyone else like i said has had serious boyfriends and stuff ._.

Is it right to believe?
Even if the belief isn't?

Last cut: 20/01.10
It can be overcome.
Just keep believing.

YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY.
[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Points: 17,480, Level: 19 Points: 17,480, Level: 19 Points: 17,480, Level: 19

Re: Lonely? - January 15th 2010, 06:08 PM

Even though some of friends have gone that far in their relationships, don't feel like you have to match up to them. In the grand scheme of things, you've got all kinds of time for finding a boyfriend and having a long term relationship. When it's meant to happen, it will.

You'll thank yourself if you find a nice guy to be with instead of finding someone just to match up with your friends. I'm sure some of them regret losing their virginity so young. There is nothing wrong with waiting or taking things slow, it's usually better in the long run to take that approach.

Just try to enjoy school and get involved, you'll feel less lonely and have chances to meet more people (and guys ).
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17

Re: Lonely? - January 15th 2010, 06:12 PM

Don't rush it, waiting for that speical guy, is awesome, because when it happens which it will it will be amazing, i swear.

Your saying your freinds all have bfs and i'm assuming are telling you they doing things with them, chance is they probably not, they just saying there are to make them look better, they used to do it in my school.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rosemma Offline
PullMe IntoYour PerfectCircle.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Rosemma

Points: 11,781, Level: 15 Points: 11,781, Level: 15 Points: 11,781, Level: 15

Re: Lonely? - January 15th 2010, 07:39 PM

Jodie its really not weird to have not had a relationship in year 10 or year 11 even... in fact at any age.

I didnt have any kind of proper relationship with a guy until I left school and theres plently of people who dont.
Dont rush into things just because your friends are.
You have a had a lot more than what I had at 14.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rhop101 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Points: 12,477, Level: 16 Points: 12,477, Level: 16 Points: 12,477, Level: 16

Re: Lonely? - January 15th 2010, 08:12 PM

I have to say I'm 18 and been in only one relationship my current one and it is serious, but I didn't find anyone till I was 18, everyone finds someone at a different time. And being in a lot of relationships is worse sometimes because you can't find the right person to be with. And honestly to me you can't say you've had several serious relationships really I feel if you've had so many how could they mean that much to you?

"It's the first kiss. It's flawless. It's really somethin'...

It's Fearless" ^_^

My steam powered bicycle

And remember The Man who Owns an Overland Never Wants a Better Car
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Lonely? - January 15th 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely-Reject
Im only 14, but all the other girls i know have had many serious relationships, and a ton of people my age, like my mates and stuff have lost their virginity.
Okay... I'm sorry to all the other 14-year-olds who may read my response, but...

"Serious relationships"? At 14? Look, I believe it's possible to fall in love, and have a meaningful relationship at that age... but I wouldn't call any relationship between two 14-year-olds "serious". You're still kids, for goodness sake. You haven't matured physically, emotionally, or mentally enough to fully appreciate what a "serious" relationship would consist of.

I mean, how many of your friends are using birth control when losing their virginity? How many of them even know WHAT birth control is? How many of them have made plans, in the event that the girl ends up pregnant? Has the boy found a part-time job, in order to fulfill his financial commitment as a father, if the problem arose?

You're not a reject. You're not rushing into a relationship, you're taking your time, and you're not making decisions that you may regret later on in life. ENJOY your time as a 14-year-old, before you have to grow up and take on "adult" responsibilities. There will be plenty of time for dating, kissing, and sex in the years to come. Go at your own pace, and don't let your friends dictate what is and isn't "cool".

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rhop101 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Points: 12,477, Level: 16 Points: 12,477, Level: 16 Points: 12,477, Level: 16

Re: Lonely? - January 18th 2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhop101 View Post
I have to say I'm 18 and been in only one relationship my current one and it is serious, but I didn't find anyone till I was 18, everyone finds someone at a different time. And being in a lot of relationships is worse sometimes because you can't find the right person to be with. And honestly to me you can't say you've had several serious relationships really I feel if you've had so many how could they mean that much to you?
Addition: I agree totally with Robin. At 14 most people haven't finished developing and a lot of the people that were in relationships when I was in high school went from relationship to relationship because there were insecure and didn't show remorse which is usually needed to get over the last person.

"It's the first kiss. It's flawless. It's really somethin'...

It's Fearless" ^_^

My steam powered bicycle

And remember The Man who Owns an Overland Never Wants a Better Car
Closed Thread