TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katelyn Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katelyn

Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14

Lonely - January 17th 2010, 02:59 AM

This is going to sound so ridiculous and stupid, but I can't stop it from bothering me, as much as I've tried.

I have these two friends. One has been a best friend of mine for a year and a bit, the other is a new friend but someone that I've really connected with. So I decided to introduce the two of them because they have a lot of things in common. It worked great, they hit it off amazingly. Only downside, now the two of them hang out with each other more than they hang out with me. At first I thought I was just being really stupid and petty, but now I'm realizing that it REALLY bugs me.

I know it shouldn't bother me and that I'm just being really stupid, but this isn't the first friend my best friend has taken from me (the other one I had been friends with for 5 years before he met her).

I think I am just feeling lonely and neglected. I'm sorry for this huge rant.

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

All you need is love
&
Love is all you need

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lacrotix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,554, Level: 14 Points: 9,554, Level: 14 Points: 9,554, Level: 14

Re: Lonely - January 17th 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I have these two friends... So I decided to introduce the two of them... now the two of them hang out with each other more than they hang out with me

Try talking to them. You sound like a nice person; maybe they don't really mean to hurt you like this. You could also guarantee a time that you are with them. For example, a routine dance club every Wednesday.

Quote:
I think I am just feeling lonely and neglected.
That sounds true too. But I also notice a strong hint of jealouy in your words. Try to not let that destroy you; it wouldn't be a good idea.

Some people in your situation would try to destroy the two friends' relationship with another. But at the same time, there is a difference between the right thing and the easy thing.

Quote:
I know it shouldn't bother me and that I'm just being really stupid... I'm sorry for this huge rant.
I don't think it's stupid that you are getting irritatied. I honestly believe your friends should take up some moral slack and realize what their actions do to others. So don't feel stupid, you have no reason to. As for ranting, there's nothing wrong with that. It's a easy and usually not hurtful way of releasing emotions and venting. And at the same time, people may be able to help. I don't think ranting is a bad idea.

I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by lacrotix; January 17th 2010 at 09:29 PM.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cherryqueen1248 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Care

Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15

Re: Lonely - January 17th 2010, 10:31 PM

wow this happens to me ALL the time and it is so nice to know I am not the only person who feels this way!! tell them how you feel, if they are REALLY your friends they will understand and include you more!! It is NOT stupid and it makes sense that it would bug you!! please please PM me if you need to talk
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Points: 15,841, Level: 18 Points: 15,841, Level: 18 Points: 15,841, Level: 18

Re: Lonely - January 19th 2010, 09:45 PM

Hi Katelyn,

It sounds like you're in troubling situation. It isn't fair to see your friends leave you out all the time, and it's completely understandable that you're feeling lonely. They are your friends and it's fair that you'd like to be included.

I think the best thing you can do is talk to them. Try saying that you've been feeling really left out lately and would like to spend some more time with them. Try suggesting things you could all do as a group, like watching movies, playing games, or cooking something. Brainstorm some fun things that three people could do and enjoy.

It could be that your friends don't realize that they are leaving you out like this. Step forward and extend the invitation to hang out with them instead of waiting for them to do it.

Take care and all the best.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?
Closed Thread