TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Points: 10,210, Level: 14 Points: 10,210, Level: 14 Points: 10,210, Level: 14

Post Lonely I guess? - January 29th 2011, 11:00 PM

Hi xD

So like I've been feeling really down lately, and by lately I mean like for the past year or something but more so recently and I think it's because I'm lonely. Like I sort of long to be close to someone in a relationship type way but it really seems like that will never happen.

I don't know if lonely is the right word cause I'm always with my friends and stuff but they all have boyfriends and girlfriends and I have no one and have never actually had a relationship. I've tried a few things to try and meet people but it hasn't worked and when I talk to my friends about it the typical response seems to be "You'll find someone eventually (:" which really irritates me. Like I appreciate that there isn't much they can do about it but it's like why can't I find someone? My friends give me compliments all the time like telling me my hair is really nice and that I'm funny and that I'll make a great boyfriend and stuff and I'm not trying to sound arrogant but if I'm really as "desirable" as they make me out to be why does no one seem to want me?

I started university in September and met loads of new people then and I also joined the LGBT society thing to meet gay/bisexual guys but it didn't work out cause I really didn't fit in which was odd so what I'm kinda saying is how come other people seem to just find boyfriends and girlfriends and I can't? It makes me really depressive :/

I dunno sorry for the kind of rant but yeah any thoughts and stuff would be appreciated (:
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Psychotic Offline
The Helpful One.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kane

Points: 8,689, Level: 13 Points: 8,689, Level: 13 Points: 8,689, Level: 13

Re: Lonely I guess? - January 29th 2011, 11:22 PM

Hey! ..I know how you feel, I've been ever so lonely, until one day, my beautiful girlfriend came along. You're so very much alike to my friend. He's always wanted someone to cuddle and appreciate, I know you might hate this but. You don't find love, love just finds you.

For now; You should just try and avoid sitting around fretting. When you think about it, getting upset isn't going to help you, so why do it? If you're not actively looking for something to fill your time, you'll find that loneliness catches up with you eventually. Even if you don't have the company of others, you can seek out ways to use your time in fun and productive ways.

Engage in a new hobby, having a hobby will help finding someone, since you communicate with people, by doing things you enjoy. Show your having fun, and they'll soon see the spark.

Volunteer to help others, people like that, it's kind.

You should either get a pet, or maybe take up something to do with animals. We all know how fun animals are, and maybe that'll take your loneliness away.

Just hang in, and show a brave face, You'll find someone, when you don't expect it.

Don't judge others, if you can't judge yourself.

I don't want to live To waste another day Underneath the shadow of mistakes I made Cause I feel like I'm breaking inside I don't want to fall and say I lost it all Cause baby there's a part of me to hit the wall Leaving pieces of me behind And I feel like I'm breaking inside
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Julia

Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16

Re: Lonely I guess? - January 30th 2011, 05:56 AM

Awww=( Its okay. A bunch of people can relate, including me. I am 16 and have never had a real bf in my entire life. Sometimes I want one because when I see people on the street or in movies, it seems so beautiful. I want someone to love me like that. But on the other hand, I am happy I don't have one when I hear all the horror stories my friends tell me about their former bfs. All the heartbreak, I don't know how ready I am for that. I don't know how I would handle the emotional aspect of it. But I hope that someday, my prince will come along lol. Give it time, your princess could be just around the corner at anytime=) Life is full of the unexpected.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Points: 11,369, Level: 15 Points: 11,369, Level: 15 Points: 11,369, Level: 15

Re: Lonely I guess? - January 31st 2011, 03:01 AM

Hey there,

Take it from a guy who's been single for seventeen years: relationships are overrated.

In all seriousness, though, I know and can sympathize for what you're feeling right now.

The best possible advice is honestly what others have said. I know it's something you've probably heard before, and probably not something you want to hear again, so I wouldn't be saying it if it weren't entirely true, but...

Don't worry about it!!!

Seriously. You will find someone. That special person is out there waiting. I know it.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Points: 10,210, Level: 14 Points: 10,210, Level: 14 Points: 10,210, Level: 14

Re: Lonely I guess? - February 1st 2011, 08:43 PM

What you guys are saying makes sense and I appreciate the advice xD
But I really can't help feeling so damn lonely all the time:/ I hate it
But yeah I'm gonna try and stay positive and try new activities and things and generally try to take my mind off of it
Closed Thread